𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

-HER-

After Baltazar and his lycans were gone, only a few of us were left including, me, Ezekiel, and our remaining wolves and lycans.

"Three sun rises," I spoke out loud, looking at Ezekiel who was still standing by the edge of the river, glaring at it. That scheming son of a bastard. I had so many questions for him and be better to start answering them once we get back to our camp otherwise I would rage a personal war on him.

All of this could have been avoided if he had informed us what was in the river and the consequences of messing it up. But no. We were fining out things when our asses were already on fire.

I wanted to choke that scheming son of a bastard already.

"It's time to go back," He finally announced before turning around to face us, "and prepare," On his command, everyone had already turned around and started walking towards the mountain behind which our camp was located but I didn't move yet.

I stood there, glaring at him with the heat stronger than the sun. He still stood by the river with his eyes locked with mine.

"I will prepare YOU like a pig about to be roasted with an apple in its mouth," I growled at him, not being able to contain my anger anymore.

"I don't have time to deal with this, Celeste," He grumbled before walking towards the direction of our camp. I followed him, breathing fire.

"Of course, you wouldn't deal with this you scheming son of a bastard. You want to make this worse for us. You should have told us something about the river before," I growled behind him. At this, he turned around and faced me abruptly with rage simmering in his eyes.

"I warned you a fvcking thousand times about the river, didn't I?" He demanded, stepping closer to tower over me. I held his burning gaze fiercely.

"But you left out the part about your mother and brother being inside the river. Were you waiting for this perfect opportunity to introduce us to them?" I spat. This seemed to have fuelled something dangerous inside him because the fire in his eyes only burned stronger.

He took the final step upwards me until there was no space between us. Our foreheads were pressed together while we were breathing angrily in each other's faces.

"I am not introducing you to my brother and mother anytime soon," He growled in my face. Before I could open my mouth to utter something he held my neck a bit tightly and added, "And you will fvcking stay away from them and the fvcking river. Do you understand me?"

"You don't fvcking tell me what to do," Was all I managed to growl in his face before his hold on my neck tightened a bit more, making me choke.

"Celeste, this is a fvcking order. If you don't want to get killed then just fvcking listen to me already,"

"I've managed to survive this long. What makes you think I am going to the underworld anytime soon?" I growled, punching his arm until he finally let go of my neck.

"Underworld is a much better place than my brother's kingdom. Trust me on this one, Celeste," He spoke this time but instead of a growl, his voice was barely a whisper. I saw an unknown emotion climb on his face as he looked at me.

I couldn't understand what it really was but it somewhat looked like he was concerned and... awed? I might have to wash my eyes soon because I swear I was seeing things. Before I could properly read him, he turned around and started storming towards the camp.

I soon caught up to him and asked, "Why didn't you tell me about your brother and your mother?"

"Judging by the kind of she-wolf you are, you'd have gone to invite them for tea the moment you'd have found out about my family," He gritted.