𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲

A/n> Sorry for the confusion. I was in a hurry and I got confused about the chapters. This is the right chapter :D

Before we start, I would like to inform the new readers about my new book - Mr. Night. If you like romance books that keep you on the edge, then you should definitely try this book out!

It's already out with 8 chapters and it gets updated twice a week!

~

-HER-

Tryfon's eye blazed as he looked at us with all the hate he could muster, making me add more sweetness to my smile.

"You speak a lot," Tryfon complemented Lua, "I hope you are also capable of doing the work,"

"You'd be more than surprised with all the things I could do," Lua shot back beamingly, making Tryfon press his lips in a thin line. "And if we stop talking and get down to work then you'd be able to see what I'm talking about," She added.

Tryfon's eyes burned into us for a couple more moments before he declared, "His Majesty would be here soon for that,"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you having trouble with basic comprehension?"

"I'm having trouble comprehending what he has to do with this," I told him.

"Why? He'd be going with us," Tryfon spoke, making me frown. I wasn't expecting this and I just couldn't start to wonder why he was coming to this trip. He wasn't needed in it in any way and besides, Tryfon was already sexist and chauvinist enough. I don't think we would be able to handle the King of sexism and chauvinism on this trip. It was going to be a very challenging trip and I didn't feel like carrying an extra headache with me.

"But why?" I pressed, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Why not?" He shot back at me.

"Because he's not needed there," Lua answered, "We are more than prepared,"

"He doesn't care. He's coming. He'll be leading our men," Tryfon spoke with determination. If looks could kill, Lua and I would have been dead soon after breaking our first word in front of him.

"Then what are you here for?" Lua asked and I heard someone choke behind us. But before he could say anything, we heard a very loud neigh of the horse, marking Ezekile's arrival. I felt his presence the first thing followed by his eyes. All the emotions instantly drained out of my face, leaving my face void before I turned to look at him.

My eyes instantly met with his dark ones which were blazing even stronger than the sun. It made my wolf pace inside me but I remained unfazed on the surface. I didn't miss how his eyes scanned me from head to toe, undressing me with his eyes and fvcking my soul.

That lycan bastard!

With his eyes still locked with mine, he got off the horse and stalked towards me. I was practically digging my heels into the ground as the tension crackled in the air. I wouldn't lie, the mate bond was having an effect on me but I'd learned to deal with it in all these years.

"Who's that?" He asked glancing at Lua. A very judgmental look instantly climbed on his face as soon as his eyes fell on her.

"My second in command for this trip," I answered grimly, holding his burning gaze. He cocked an eyebrow at my response before asking, "Another woman?"

"Any problem with that?" I asked, drilling my eyes into him. Any normal wolf would have flinched at this but he was the Lycan King. He stared me down with even more fire in his eyes and determination on his face.