𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

-HER-

I didn't look at him. I didn't say anything to him. My eyes were focused on what laid ahead of us. I was determined to get to the frozen valley quicker. Others seemed to be feeling the same urgency as me except for one— Ezekiel.

I didn't have to look at him to feel him growing hesitant slowly. I could smell his anxiousness in the air. I could hear the storm blowing inside of him.

Today we were moving faster because we had already wasted a lot of time yesterday. We needed to reach the landmark we decided today otherwise we would be late and I didn't like being late. I was sure that we couldn't afford to be late in this situation.

I felt a sense of relief when the first chilly wind greeted us from the direction we were headed towards. It did the opposite for Ezekiel. As it got darker, the temperature was now starting to drop. The plateau on which we were walking all this time was now stating to slowly go upwards.

It was an indication that we had now stepped into the landmass which joined the woods and the eastern valleys. Ezekiel didn't look happy by this. He'd glance at me every now and then as if he was making sure that I was still beside him. An uneasy look permanently hung from his face now, making me somewhat anxious as well.

I could tell that something was bothering him. He did mention to me about something being in the valley. Was he anxious about that? This deeply puzzled me.

Ezekiel was a brute. He had one of the strongest armies across kingdoms. He was powerful in his own way. He had been powerful for a long time then what could be possibly there that was making him so anxious? And why didn't he deal with this already?

All these questions clouded my head as we proceeded to head further towards the east. We took a sharp turn from the lake of Uranus and just after walking a mile, the temperature dropped even more the trees started to thin out. The vegetation started to change too.

After walking another couple of miles, we were able to spot the mountain tops above the trees. The temperate continued to drop the more we headed straight towards east.

Meanwhile, Ezekiel grew somewhat more anxious. The fact that he had his hand on his sword all the time didn't go missing by me.

"What is it?" I had to ask him after a while because seeing him like that was bothering me as well. If he was anxious about this then we needed to be careful about this as well because if it was making Ezekiel react like this then it has to be something serious.

In response, he glanced at me briefly before declaring, "We set our camp here now. There's no need to go beyond this today. It's dark already,"

"We could hike another mil-"

"No," He growled before he whipped his horse and rode ahead in speed. Tryfon followed him without uttering a single word. Lua gave me a confused look and I shrugged.

"Let's set the camp here," I declared before getting off my horse. The wolves were already unpacking, setting up the tents and chopping woods for making fire. Meanwhile, Lua and I took out the instruments and determined our location in the forest and revised our route for tomorrow.

"We should reach the valleys by noon," She concluded after looking at the map and our location.

"Hmm..." I hummed as I looked at the valley maps, trying to think of something that might be bothering Ezekiel about that place but so far I couldn't come up with anything because as surprising it might sound, I didn't really know a thing about Ezekiel.

My limited knowledge of him included him being the king of lycans and chauvinists, that he had great military power (which was slowly corroding away due to his extravagant wars), his huge ego and that he had a harem.