2.5

-HER-

"We need to work on you a LOT," Lyra sighed.

"No, you guys are not touching me anytime soon," I growled at her but it didn't have any effect on her. She turned around and finally opened the door to the harem. Before I could run away from there, she caught me by the hood of my cloak and dragged me inside the harem.

I did my best to protest but nothing worked on her. As she dragged me deeper and deeper into the harem, I contemplated if I should just wipe my sword out and attack everybody but then I saw the eunuchs.

It was better to mess with Ezekiel than the eunuchs so I gave up that idea and let Lyra drag me wherever she wanted to take me while I resorted to glaring at her back, hoping that it would be enough to kill her but it didn't.

She took me to a place where a lot of women were sitting together, chatting and singing while making clothes. All of them stopped as soon as they spotted Lyra. They bowed before Lyra told them to take my measurements and make some clothes for me.

Those women didn't have to be told twice. They were already circling me, tugging and frowning at the clothes that I was wearing at that moment.

"Why do you wear so ugly clothes, sumair?" Asked one of the girls who was among the women. [Translation: Sumair— Lady]

"Last time you were here, you looked so good in the dresses that we made for you. Why can't you wear something like that?" Another woman asked me while the others were already tugging and pushing me, someone was parting my legs to take measurements... OF WHAT!

I wanted to scream but a sharp look from Lyra and one of the eunuchs made me swallow it down my throat.

"Because my job isn't to look pretty. My job is to fight in wars," I gritted.

"Not anymore," Lyra shook her head while all the women there continued to just go through every part of my body, measuring or scrutinizing it. Someone had my hair open behind me and there was a full-blown discussion going on if my hair would look pretty straight or curled.

"Sumair," The woman who seemed to be the head of this department finally turned to Lyra and informed her, "We have taken all her measurements. It will take us some time to make clothes for her. Until then, she could wear these—" The woman said while holding what looked like a skirt and a chest wrap.

"That would do," Lyra said, taking it from her and looking at it.

"And before you put her in them, just... you know," The woman hesitated as she looked at me from the corner of her eyes. I glared at her. I knew what she meant to say.

"Of course, I am taking her there next," Lyra told me, and instantly I wanted to cry like a baby. Though I didn't get the chance to do so because Lyra was already dragging me to the main bath in the harem.

"I don't see why all of this is necessary," I growled as she dragged me there. It reminded me of the time when I was small and my mother had to drag me to the bathroom to give me a bath. I always hated the water and taking a bath in it.

"Oh, it is very much necessary. I wouldn't let our future queen walk round in some old shirt and a pair of dirty trousers!" Lyra told me nastily. I wanted to cry more. As soon as we were in the bath, Lyra started shouting orders at the maids there.

"I CAN FVCKING GET MY CLOTHES OFF ON MY OW—" Even before I could finish saying that, a bucket of water was being poured over me before I heard a pair of scissors cutting through my shirt.

"WHAT THE FVCK ARE YOU DOIN—" another bucket of water was poured over me. I glared at Lyra who was already busy laughing with the eunuch and other women in the harem. I saw no point in protesting after this point so I let the maids do whatever they wanted to do.

I sat in a tub while two maids scrubbed me and the other was washing my hair. The other women from the harem had come to see me and they were more than happy to see me. I could tell because they were already telling me how much they missed them without caring about the maid that was busy exfoliating under my arms.

It took me a while to remember their names but I clearly remembered Noora and some other girls. They sat around my tub and talked to me while the maids cleaned me up before I was taken to a nearby room for a message and to dress up. They followed me there as well, without any interruption in their chatter.

"Aren't you happy to see us again, Celeste?" Noora asked when she saw the grumpy look on my face as I sat in front of the mirror while two other girls did my hair.

"Of course I am happy," I answered passive-aggressively, suddenly feeling this fire burning in my chest. "Who wouldn't still be happy to know that their mate still keeps a harem," I snapped and at this, all the chatter and the giggles in the room died.

The room fell deeply silent.

"What do you mean, Sumair?" Noora asked hesitantly at first. I couldn't hold it in after this point and shot, "How many times have you slept with Ezekiel, and what about the other girls around here?"

I could see that my question shocked everyone in the room.

"We don't sleep with Ezekiel. In fact, we have nothing to do with Ezekiel except for performing for him," Noora explained.

"Then who sleeps with him? Why does he still have a harem?" I growled.

"This harem has existed even before Ezekiel," Noora explained to me, "It's a tradition here and the king is only allowed to sleep with the prostitutes,"

"Which he still has after finding me?" I was breathing fire at this point.

"Actually, he has gotten rid of all of them shortly after he found you,"

"Then why does he still has a harem?" I cried out loud in frustration.

"He doesn't have a harem," Lyra finally stepped in to tell me, "The harem would exist regardless of him and the sole purpose of the harem isn't to serve him. It has other important functions and besides, we haven't seen Ezekiel in a while. It seems that he has forgotten about us completely, ever since he..." Lyra trailed off, placing her hand on my shoulder.

I took a deep breath. I was still breathing fire. I was still so mad. So fvcking mad. I felt like a volcano about to burst. After getting me dressed completely, they took me to show me my room and meet some other important women of the harem.

While on this trip. I saw something peculiar in the harem.

A man.

_

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read up to chapter 30 on Patreon. The Link is in my bio.
Also available on Patreon: Mr Night, The Beta's Catch, Made For Him and other exclusive stories

Read the next chapter on Inkitt for free. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3