𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

-HER-

There was no hint of him in his own tent when I woke up the next morning. Now, I was fairly surprised.

For the first time, he'd done what he'd said he was going to do. Well, Ezekiel was a man of his word but I didn't expect him to keep his word in this situation given the kind of pervert he was. I was actually expecting to wake up beside him.

I was already feeling cranky that morning due to lack of good sleep and I am sure had I seen him sleeping beside me, I'd have chopped him into small pieces the first thing after waking up. Fortunately for him, he was nowhere to be seen, even outside the tent because I was seething with anger.

I was in a bad mood that day and my wolves were smart enough to have noticed that right away and didn't utter a single word to me as I went about the camp, looking at the work they'd done so far.

Even though everyone pretended to be busy around me, I did feel some curious eyes lingering on my back. I could feel their curiosity to know what actually happened last night but I want going to let them on much. I didn't owe anyone any explanations.

Even Lua kept her mouth shut and didn't speak to me until I spoke to her.

"How far are the preparations?" I asked her grimly, standing beside her and looking at the wolves building the boats to cross the river.

"We're on time," she returned, "We would be able to leave within an hour. They have just started building the last boat,"

"Good," I rasped coldly. She glanced at me from the corner of her eyes before she walked away, whistling to herself. She was smart in doing so.

The Lycan who had disrupted my night was gladly nowhere to be seen otherwise I was afraid I'd have challenged him for a proper dual at the first sight. Or worse, I'd have shot him with a cannon.

I overlooked the work my wolves were doing for the time being and also to distract myself. The army of thousand wolves was divided into five regiments, each having 200 wolves, and wolves of different regiments were assigned different work to maintain more accuracy and swiftness in our actions and movements.

On the other side of the camp, Tryfon and his lycans were building their own ship from scratch. When everything was done, we finally started our march towards the river. Ezekiel was still nowhere to be seen and I could feel Lua getting slightly anxious due to this.

"If he's not there, how would our plan work?" She frowned.

"He'd be there," I told her confidently.

"How could you be so sure? None of us had seen him ever since last night at dinner. I think some wild animal in the woods ate him but this seems very unlikely. I am sure all the animals, no matter how hungry must avoid him. He'd be such a bad pray. Bad for the stomach and bad for the head," Lua joked. I'd have joined her but currently, I kept my face straight because I wasn't in the good mood.

"I know he'll come. He'd have to play knight in shining armor, remember?" I gritted.

"Of course, a damsel in distress must only want his knightly ass," Lua snorted. "If I was drowning and he came to save me I'd rather drown," she said nodding towards Tryfon. Tryfon, who'd been marching in front of us threw us a look over his shoulder.

"We're currently headed towards a river. Are you suggesting something?" He asked Lua pointedly.

"Yes, when we are there please wash your face. It spoils my spirit every time I look at it," Lua spoke back to him. Tryfon grumbled something under his breath before he looked away and didn't utter a word.