𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

-HER-

I was gasping for breath as soon as he finally pulled away from the kiss. I was both out of breath and feeling completely hot due to the heated kiss that messed up everything for me. I was thankful that he was still holding me otherwise I was afraid that I was going to fall to the ground and pass out.

It was just so intense, it felt like he almost sucked half of my life out of me. I rested my forehead against his shoulder and caught my breath. Meanwhile, I felt one of his hand travelling down to my hip and resting there briefly. As the sexual haze slowly cleared, I was able to hear his racing heart up this close as well.

I remained like that for a while, catching my breath but that strange tingling sensation intensified between my thighs, making me squeeze my thighs. When I was finally somewhat in control of my body, I tried to step away from him because I was afraid if we remained like this then things could soon take a very dark turn but he simply growled at me and his arm wrapped around my waist tightened, even more, making me feel everything.

My body and wolf were ready for this but I wasn't...yet.

I needed some answers first and now that we were alone and he seemed to be in the mood to talk. I looked up at him to find his eyes completely turned pitch black. The black had swallowed the whites in his eyes. Intense possessiveness and lust simmered in his eyes as he looked down at me with the same feral look that always sent a shiver down my spine.

"Why did you need to see me?" He growled next. I could hear the anger in his voice which made me wonder if he was angry at me for coming to see him in the first place.

"I wanted to know why you didn't reject me if you really didn't want me as your mate?" I asked him while looking deep into his eyes. It was taking me all the patience and strength in me to contain the tears from coming out of my eyes.

The lump building in my throat threatened to waver my voice but I stayed firm. A strange expression climbed on his face due to my question. His eyes softened on me for a while as he searched my face for something.

I did my best to keep my face void of any emotion.

"Because you don't deserve it," His answer loosened my shoulder for a bit as I looked at him in a combination of surprise and bewilderment. "Rejection is not easy and you're too young for it," He told me darkly. It made me swallow hard.

I was even more bewildered by this. If he didn't want to reject me for this reason then what was it exactly that he was planning to do? Wait for me to grow up even more and then reject me? That would be so cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if he had thought out something like this.

He was capable of doing anything and everything. He could go to any extent.

"Then what are you planning to do?" I asked him out loud, searching his face for some hints. The slight fervent look in his eyes remained for only a couple of seconds before it disappeared. The expression on his face hardened and he looked at me very grimly as he spoke, "I will get rid of the mate bond,"

His words deeply hurt my wolf. She instantly howled inside me, expressing her hurt. She was already too attached to him, she had already wasted too much time thinking and dreaming about him that it would be hard for her to go back from this point. If anything, this option was even worse than being rejected.

"That's impossible," I breathed as I looked up at him in surprise but he looked so determined and convinced as if nothing would change his mind.

"Nothing is impossible for me, Celeste," He told me darkly while I felt his fingers digging into my hips. I was still feeling very hot from the kiss and the way we were standing so close to each other.