𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

-HER-

"This is my land. My word is the law here," Ezekiel growled. If looks could kill I'd already have been dead twice because there was an inferno burning in his eyes and the dangerous vibes that were oozing off his body had already had all the wolves taking a step back but I didn't move an inch. I stood in my place, holding his burning gaze with my chin tipped high.

It was now easy for me to see through his tactics. He was trying to piss me off. He was trying to provoke me and Nuessa was just one of his cards in this game but I wouldn't let him get to me so easily this time. If anything that I had learned in all these years, it was to maintain my calm in situations like this. Everyone was watching. It was a big probability that the aggressor would most probably make a fool out of himself if I continue to maintain my calm.

And since Ezekiel mostly lived off of his ego, the best way to get back at him was to harm it and how do I do that?

I use my words not my strength.

Everyone watched us holding their breaths. The power oozing off of Ezekiel's body grew stronger and stronger but it didn't have any effect on me anymore. I cocked my eyebrows at him, crossed my arms over my chest, and spoke to him very clearly and calmly, "Are you forgetting again that you're on the receiving end of this deal, Ezekiel?" I thought I heard some people gasp because I addressed Ezekiel by his name in front of him instead of saying His Majesty.

I could see the effect my words had on him. He ground his teeth and glared at me even harder while I continued to show him his place, "So either you take your nose out of our business or I take my army back to Zaeris,"

"Wow, that rhymed," Lua commented from somewhere back.

"Which one do you choose?" I asked him very calmly, holding his gaze very adamantly. Even if he was the king of that land, I was the one in control of the situation. He had to bend in front of me. He had to put his ego aside for a while.

"Nuessa stays," He gritted at the end and walked away without uttering any other word. I smirked to myself. I've had the upper hand for now.

I sighed and looked around to find all the wolves and lycans looking at me with shock.

"What?" I asked out loud. This made them snap out of the shock before they pretended to go back to what they were doing. Though I was aware of those curious glances that I got from time to time. I turned to Nuessa last and spoke to her with the same calm voice, "Obey me and you'll get enough to eat. Disobey me and I'll personally make sure you starve to death. Do you understand me?"

She nodded weekly at this and went her way. The situation was under my control for now but I knew it in the back of my head that Ezekiel would be back again to take revenge. Well, let him come to me. I am prepared for him in every way now.

After wrapping up all the things, we set out deeper into the forest. Most of the way was pretty clear and the men were starting to get comfortable but I knew better. I had done my own research about this forest. There were about thirteen cannibal tribes that lived in the woods and according to my observations, we were supposed to bump into at least two of them on our way and I was right.

We were navigating a very thick portion of the forest when we heard a cry. It was a very inhumane cry and for a moment, it made my heart palpitate. Everyone fell silent for a while and waited. All of a sudden, the place grew very eerily silent. Even the birds stopped singing. For a moment it felt like the whole forest was holding its breath, waiting for the storm that was about to come and wipe us away.

"What's happening?" I heard Lua mutter beside me. I closed my eyes and threw my head back and listened to what the woods had to say.

Footsteps, hundreds of them... sharp weapons, bloodthirsty...