𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

-HER-

Some things are better left unknown.

His words took a minute to sink in my head. What could be so bad that it had to be left unknown?

Even though he had just told me to not think too much about it, I couldn't help but think even more about it. What could it be? Was it something or someone from his past? Was it some deity he pissed a long time ago who was hiding in the valleys? Was it someone from his family?

Whatever it was I knew that it wasn't an enemy. It couldn't be. After spending so much time with him I have come to realize that he didn't give two shits about the Drakonians hiding in the valleys. This was something else. Something much darker and dangerous which he seemed to be hiding from everyone but now it threatened to be exposed in front of everyone.

"This isn't how it's going to work, Ezekiel," I told him again, "You have to tell me what's out there. I want to know. I have to know! I am leading so many of my warriors out there and I don't want them to get killed for no fvcking reason!" I raged but he remained quiet on the other end of the tent.

I could tell that he wasn't asleep. His heart was beating fast. He simply laid in the darkness, still like death.

"Ezekiel?" I asked for him when I didn't get a single word from him.

"Go to sleep, Celeste," He told me.

"Whatever it is that you're hiding, I am going to find it, Ezekiel. I fvcking promise," I gritted before turning around and closing my eyes.

I was starting to fall asleep when I felt his hot breath fan my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"I hope you never meet them," I heard him grumble lowly before pressing a kiss against my neck, giving me those strong sparks. I wanted to ask whom did he mean by them but I was already deep into the dream playing on my eyelids.

The next morning we woke up before the sun and started for the east. Yesterday I thought that Ezekiel was acting different but today, he seemed like an entirely different man.

His anxiousness was gone now. He looked dangerously calm. His calm was equivalent to the calm before a storm. Most of the time his eyes looked were in the distance as if trying to see something through the woods.

It started to get colder and colder as the woods started to get thinner.

I would never forget how Ezekiel stood for almost half an hour and glared at the first mountain that appeared out of the trees as if the mountain had stolen his favorite prostitute from his harem. I was now close to being driven mad.

I was desperate to know what was in those valleys which was bothering him so fvcking much. This now kept me awake at night and made me get lost in my thoughts often.

After traveling for another couple of days we finally stepped out of the woods. The land was covered with thick snow and the sal trees slowly trend into pine trees.

Ezekiel's tuned from resembling a raging sea that could drown anyone no matter what to a calm sea with an unfathomable depth, hiding secrets that were better left unknown.

I watched him closely for the last few days. My eyes were mostly on him rather than the woods around us. I tried to note every single minute detail about him as possible.

It was our final night on the plains. The mountains were now standing tall in front of us, hiding whatever secrets that Ezekiel deemed to be better left unknown.