2.13

-HER-

"I swear if you're playing with me then I would make this turn on you, Ezekiel," I warned him grimly.

"I am not playing with you anymore, Celeste. I told you last night. I am done with that," He replied with the same grimness. I stared at his face for a whole minute because I was finding it so hard to believe him.

He looked serious. Dead serious.

"I have one condition if I take up that position," I told him.

"What is that?"

"You would do as I say and wouldn't interfere in my work. I want at least this much autonomy," I replied grimly. He didn't look pleased with this but he didn't really have any choice in this situation.

"Alright," He told me after contemplating.

"So, do you accept my conditions,"

"Yes,"

"Alright then. I'm ready," I told him. Working as the Lycan's General would still be much better than sitting in the harem all day, looking pretty. That just wasn't for me. I enjoyed myself more on battlefields or developing new tactics and combat methods with my wolves. I hadn't done any of that since I had been here.

"We can go now," He told me a bit hesitantly before his eyes drifted to my body, "But you'd need to change first,"

"I'll be right back," I told him without wasting a second and leaving for the harem. I was back in no time in my old clothes, ready to do my job. Though I was sure that working with the Lycans would be much more difficult than working with the wolves.

To start with, every lycan that I had known had a thick skull, and was sexist and obnoxious as hell and did I mention that they were also misogynist? I would have to deal with all of that again... or that's what I thought.

When we finally reached their arsenal, I recognised some of the Lycans who were on the mission in the valleys. I spotted Tryfon. He instantly looked irked to see me and well, the feeling was mutual. I would have loved to have Lua around me in that situation. It's now I realise how good she was dealing with that prick head.

To my surprise, apart from a few lycan warriors, no one else seemed to be affected by the news of me being the temporary Lycan General. The ones which seemed to be somewhat bothered by the news were the ones who weren't on our mission to the valley.

The ones who were didn't say anything because they had seen what I could do. After some introductions and slight briefings about the other positions, the meeting finally began. I was feeling so excited and alive to be back again at it even though it was with different people.

The discussion began with whatever resources and manpower they were left with. Ezekiel had been at war with several other kingdoms for a long time now and it had drained his resources a lot and also, he was short on manpower.

Also, the new recruits seemed to be undertrained because there wasn't really anyone to teach them anything properly because often the best warriors got killed in the wars. Ezekiel needed to stop fighting otherwise he was soon going to run out of everything.

Now that everything was being discussed there, I realised how bad his situation was and on top of this, he was still in the ongoing war with the Drakkons and his brothers. Things were just getting worse and worse for him day by day.

As much as I felt bad for him, I reminded myself that his bad decision-making skills and his arrogance were responsible for the mess he was currently in. The resources that he had were very much limited and I had to make the best use of them before turning to Ares for more help.

I am sure Ares wouldn't mind helping but Ezekiel's army soon needed to learn to be self-sufficient and to do that, I had to work a lot. It was a challenge but it didn't matter to me. Instead, I was rather excited about this. I liked taking on challenges.

As Ezekiel had promised, he didn't interfere much. He and his lycans listened carefully to what I had to say. Overall, they seemed to be taking me more seriously than I had anticipated from them and this flattered me.

Maybe, they weren't as bad as I thought them to be in terms of cooperation.

The discussion went on for a while. All of the important warriors and lycans were present there, listening to me. I was feeling so much pumped and ready to work with the Lycans by the time the meeting ended.

"Thanks for coming," I couldn't believe when Ezekiel told me after the meeting ended. I didn't know how to react. Ezekiel was thanking me? Did he hit his head too hard last night? I didn't know what was making him do this but I was certainly pleased by his behaviour. Though I didn't show it on the surface.

I simply nodded at him.

"By the way, I didn't see any of your assassins there. Where are they?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him. I was aware that he had an entire fleet of highly trained assassins who were specially assigned to kill the gods and the goddess.

Ezekiel had beef with everyone at this point.

I could already guess where the assassins might be at the moment even before he could tell me.

"They're doing their work," He told me curtly.

"So... you are also fighting against the gods?" I asked. Ezekiel never failed to surprise me. Here he was, running out of resources, fighting his brother and a neighbouring empire that was steadily gaining more and more power than him but that didn't stop him from taking actions against the gods.

To be honest, I was personally pissed on them as well but Ezekiel could have postponed fighting the gods because he had a lot to deal with at the moment.

"Yes," he told me grimly. A chill ran down my spine as he turned to face me. We were now outside his office again. The sun was setting outside. Lyra would soon come looking for me.

"Are you sure you'd be able to fight so many people at once?" I asked him.

"As long as I have you," He replied before sweeping me in his arms and kissing me.

_

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the complete book on Patreon. Read the next 4 chapters on Inkitt for free. The links are in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3