2.4

-HER-

Neither of us uttered a word for a while. We stood in the tensed silence. I was busy glaring at the rain while he glared at my back. I heard Pax hiss at him but he deliberately ignored my pet before I heard his footsteps.

My heart threatened to dig its way out of my chest at this point but I kept my calm, digging my nails painfully into my palms.

A clap of thunder shook the ground outside but the two of us remained stiff.

"Celeste," I heard his deep voice right behind me. Hearing his voice after such a long time made something flutter in my stomach. A strong yearning washed over me. I could see it on the reflection of the glass that he was standing right behind me.

All of a sudden, I wanted to turn around and crush my lips against his and scream at him at the same time. Maybe I was starting to lose my mind. I didn't know. I decided to remain silent for now because I was afraid that I might say something stupid.

My silence triggered something inside him because instantly, I saw on the glass reflection a strange emotion climb into his face. He looked angry. Dangerously angry, as he took another threatening step closer to me and demanded, "Why did you leave?"

I gave him silence and he took another step threateningly close to me until I could feel his hot breath fanning the back of my neck, "Speak to me, Celeste," He demanded ruthlessly.

Instantly I felt something snap inside me before I spun around to glare at him.

"Why? Didn't I tell you that I didn't want to do anything with you? Was it so hard for you to understand?" I snapped at him with clenched teeth, igniting an infernal fire in his eyes that had the intensity to evaporate the rain outside.

His nostrils flared as he took one more step towards me until there was nothing between us. Our chests were pressed and so were our foreheads, making the strong sparks dance on my face. We glared at each other.

"You weren't supposed to leave me," He growled.

"And why's that?"

"Because you're my mate,"

"Forced mate, sure. Admit it, Ezekiel. You just want me to fill the space in your harem and nothing more than that," I spat and tried to push him back but he didn't budge a bit, making me madder.

In response, his chest vibrated with a growl before he placed his hands on the glass behind me and pinned me against it with his body in a sudden jerk, making me gasp in surprise. Pax growled at Ezekiel but he ignored him.

"I couldn't believe that you'd still think of me so poorly even after—" He stopped speaking all of a sudden as his eyes tailed off my to my lips and remained fixed there for a whole second. I instantly knew what was coming next so I prepared myself.

I wouldn't let him walk over me this time no matter what. Suddenly, something dangerous rose inside me. I had never felt this before— this wave of intense unknown power rose from me that pushed Ezekiel back.

He was certainly taken off guard as he stumbled back and looked at me in bewilderment and anger.

"Stay away from me, Ezekiel," Something spoke from inside me. All of a sudden, my voice sounded a bit deeper and odd. I didn't know what was happening to me but whatever it was, it scared me a bit.

Though my words didn't do much to Ezekiel except that they fuelled the fiery determination in his eyes as he looked at me. He stalked towards me regally, never taking his eyes off me for once.

"Try as much as you want to push me back, you'll be mine soon. You're already mine," He growled, clutching my cheeks a bit painfully. Pax growled at Ezekiel before he leapt at him and bit his leg but Ezekiel didn't budge a bit.

"I'd rather die than be yours!" I growled, blinking tears before tearing his fingers off my cheeks and storming out of that place but did he leave me yet? No!

He was hot on my tail, dragging Pax— who still had his teeth sunken into Ezekiel's leg.

"I will bring you back from the underworld and make you mine if you do that," He growled behind me, making me walk faster while I was fighting away my tears. I was trying so hard to not cry in that situation because it would make me look so stupid and weak. But that scheming son of a bastard didn't want to give up anytime soon!

I didn't know where I was going but as soon as I took the next turn, I almost bumped into someone.

"Oop!" I heard a familiar voice before I stepped back and noticed a woman I knew very well. "Celeste!" Lyra gasped before she hugged me. Behind me, I heard Ezekiel cursing Pax and trying to get him off his leg. "When did you arrive here? I was waiting for you all along! You have no idea how much we missed you! Especially, Ezekiel! I'm so glad that you're finally back and what's that ugly thing you're wearing! And what's with that terrible hairstyle! You definitely need to have a lot of work done—"

"— I'm not done with her yet!" Ezekiel growled behind us as Lyra proceeded to tug me away from there.

"Shut up and go to your office! Your second in command is waiting for you there!" Lyra shouted at Ezekiel before she led me away from him. I was now able to have more control over my tears.

"Now, tell me how have you been? Did you forget us? We didn't even get a letter from you," Lyra frowned as she took me towards the harem.

"That's because I don't want to do anything with that scheming son of a bastard or his harem," I gritted at Lyra as she was about to open the door to the harem. At this, she stopped and spun around to cock an eyebrow at me.

"Why's that?"

"What man keeps a harem even after finding his mate?" I demanded. Lyra's eyebrows shot towards her hairline before she explained.

"He has gotten rid of all the prostitutes. It's only the other women who don't want to do anything with him. I think he has forgotten that he even has a harem at this point,"

"I still hate him," I growled.

"We definitely need to work on you a LOT," Lyra sighed.

_

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read up to chapter 30 on Patreon. The Link is in my bio.
Also available on Patreon: Mr Night, The Beta's Catch, Made For Him and other exclusive stories

Read the next chapter on Inkitt for free. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3