𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"I don't think it'd be a good idea," The pairer groaned as she sat in a distance and watched Eros and Hermes digging the snow. Beside her sat Aphrodite who looked more excited than she should.

"Why not?" Aphrodite frowned.

"What if she gets seriously hurt?" Inanna asked.

"She wouldn't," Aphrodite assured, "Trust me on this one," she rubbed her hands, looking at the huge pile of snow being accumulated from digging.

"I'm still not quite sure about this,"

"You don't have to be," Aphrodite rolled her eyes as she looked at the duo digging deeper and deeper.

"Would this be alright?" Hermes asked, wiping his sweat. At this, Aphrodite got up from the rock and went to look at the digging they'd done.

"Perfect," she purred.

"I'd urge you to think about this again," Inanna told Aphrodite.

"I've thought well enough and I am sure that this is the best way to get the brute on his toes,"

"What if this backfires? What if he finds out that we did this? He'd hang us!" Inanna tried to reason but Aphrodite didn't listen to her a bit.

"Nothing would happen, Inanna," Aphrodite assured again, "and as for us, Nefret's got our back. I'm sure she'd bail us out if Ezekiel comes after us,"

"You have no idea about Ezekiel," Inanna shook her head at Aphrodite who deliberately ignored her comment.

"I think we are ready for the explosion," Aphrodite finally announced after she was done examining the small tunnel that had been dug. "Is she out of the tunnel yet?" She asked.

At this, Hermes took out a small device from his satchel and looked at it.

"Any time," He announced. The smile on Aphrodite's lips grew wider.

"Take position"! She announced. Hermes dropped some explosives in the small bunker while others moved on the top of the mountain. Eros took his position with the binoculars and trained them at the bottom of the mountain.

"She is almost there," Eros announced as all the gods waited, holding their breaths. All of their eyes were trained at the bottom of the mountain. As soon as the tall she-wolf general stepped out of the tunnel, Aphrodite struck a matchstick and tossed it in the bunker.

The mountain shook instantly and the snow below their level started to descend down the mountain. At first, this seemed to be a very minor movement but as the snow started to descend, it slowly turned into a dangerous avalanche.

All of them watched as the she-wolf got buried alive under all those thick layers of snow. Inanna looked very concerned but others looked excited. As soon as the avalanche had ended, all of them went to the bottom of the mountain.

"Find her," Aphrodite ordered. Hermes and Eros were already onto it and in no time, they'd already dug out an unconscious body of the she-wolf with unnatural features.

"Leave the rest to me," Aphrodite declared. By the time she was done changing the she-wolf's clothes, the troops from the Drakkon's camp had already arrived at the location of the avalanche to investigate.

The gods swiftly buried the she-wolf back in the snow but this time, they made sure that she could be found easily. After a few moments of their leaving, the troops had discovered the she-wolf's body before they took her back to their camp.

"You know what you have to do," Aphrodite told Eros. He nodded and flew after the troops, following them to their camp.

He took cover in the shadows of the camp and waited for the king to come out. It was a work of patience and the smallest mistake could spoil everything.