𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

-HER-

"Ruel!" Kine gasped as soon as she saw me. I turned into a statue in my place as I looked at Kine and Rednor with wide eyes. One of my hands was hovering over the dagger under my dress and my mind was already calculating the time and the moves that I'd needed to make in order to kill them both in a record-breaking time, without raising any suspicion in the camp.

I could hear my heart pounding in my chest at this point. I swear if things go wrong at this point then I'd castrate Ezekiel.

His Harem could use an extra eunuch after all.

"What happened, Ruel? Are you alright?" Kine asked me as she neared me. I glanced around the tent quickly to find that there was no hint of Ezekiel at all. I took a sigh of relief but the look that hung on Rednor's face somewhat terrified me.

"Yeah, I'm alright. What happened?" I asked her.

"I was just walking by this tent when I heard some voices coming from here. I thought it sounded like someone was trying to force themselves on you. I instantly rushed to find help," she explained.

Ah, yes. She found no other than Rednor to ask for help.

"Oh, I'm fine Kine. Are you sure you heard the voices here?" I asked, glancing between her and Rednor. With a racing heart, it was hard for me to think straight and school my features but I did my best to sound innocent.

Kine looked like she was buying my act but Rednor— there was a look of suspicion in his eyes. His eyes were trying to see through me.

"I... I am sure I heard the voices here," Kine mumbled more to herself, sounding confused.

"Why does your voice sound breathy? Have you been running?" He asked me, taking a step closer.

"No," I brushed his question off casually but if anything, this increased the determination in his eyes. They raked all over my body.

"What happened to your clothes?" He asked next, edging closer to me. The tension in the air was slowly getting thicker and thicker. With his questions, my heart seemed to beat faster. I hated this so much. It was making it harder for me to stay calm.

"I tripped on my way here and tore it," I answered him, constantly looking from Kine to Rednor. Kine still looked confused herself. Rednor didn't look at all convinced with either of my answers and I didn't like the way how he was slowly starting to edge closer and closer to me.

"Are you really a valley girl?" He asked me next. By now, he was standing right in front of me, breathing in my face. His eyes were locked with mine grimly.

"Why? Yes, I am,"

"I don't believe you. The stories you tell don't add up and you don't even look like someone from the valleys. You look like someone from another Kingdome-"

"Kine, please take me back to my tent!" I cut Rednor instantly because I was finding it hard to talk to him. My heart was still racing and I was still somewhat in the sexual haze that Ezekiel had left me into. It was making it harder for me to think straight and I was afraid that I might say something in the heat of the moment which might get me caught.

"Yes, come with me Ruel. You look terrible. You must come and rest," Kine finally jumped in between us for my rescue but Rednor didn't seem like he was done.

"I know you're not from anywhere near here. You are a spy. It's you who have been confusing the troops," He kept accusing me but I shook my head, letting out fake tears.

"Kine, please take me out of here. I cannot stand being doubted like this. This is insulting,"

"Rednor, kindly leave us alone. You cannot accuse a King's consort like this. You'd be severely punished if the King hears about this," Kine threatened Rednor and in return, Rednor turned towards Kine and growled in her face, "Shut up!"

This was disrespectful.

"Rednor!" I growled at him instantly. I wanted to kill that brute instantly. "The King will hear about this," I threatened him before I held Kine's arm and tugged her out of here.

"I will see you both soon," Rednor growled after us when we were leaving the camp. I was so tempted to just go back and carve his heart out but I decided to save this up for later when he really gets to know who I am.

"Thanks for saving me," I told Kine as she took me back to her camp, "I was just a bunch of nerves,"

"That's alright. I could understand your fear. Any woman would be scared knowing that there's an intruder in the camp," She told me.

"Intruder?" I asked her in surprise.

"Yes. The King has confirmed this himself. Someone has been going around, writing wrong commands to the troops which have left the southern boundary of the camp unattained, " She informed me, not knowing that she was taking the intruder to her tent. "Whoever is doing this would be punished soon," She added fiercely. I fell extremely silent at this point.

We entered her tent and decided to sleep there together tonight because both of us were anxious about the intruder.

Imagine pretending to be anxious about yourself.

While we were preparing to go to bed, the King visited us. What spoiled my mood, even more, was that Rednor was with him as well.

"Are you two alright?" The King demanded. His eyes lingered on me for a second longer.

"Yes, we are," Kine answered.

"Good. I want you two to stick together until the intruder is caught. I will make sure that they're punished severely," The King gritted more to himself. My eyes drifted to Rednor to find him looking at me with determination.

I smirked at him.

No one can beat me in my own game.

_

Vote. comment. Share. follow me

Read the COMPLETE book on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Also available on Patreon: The Lycan King's Mate, Mr. Night, Stefaan, The Gentleman's Trial, Made For Him, The Beta's Catch, Marmadoke, Exclusive books and many more!

Read the next 2 chapters on Inkitt for Free. The link is in my bio.

Instagram: authorritz

thanks for reading <3