A Caring Father

Aziz and Can were sitting at a restaurant having dinner just the two of them. Aziz wanted time alone to try to find out what was going on in his oldest son's mind. "Can, how are you doing with all that went down with your Mother and Polen. You have been through so much with your mother abandoning you at a young age. Than she had Polen use you and manipulate you over the past three years. I am concerned about you son. You always run when things get twisted around in your life. Please talk to me!" Taking a swig off his glass of whiskey "Dad, all I can say is this, I am so frustrated over woman in general. I just told Emre the other day that I was done with Polen. She had changed and as much as I had tried I had no feeling for her. I was going to talk to her about ending whatever we had in which it basically was to meet own desires if you know what I mean" ...... "Yes, I know what you mean son" ....... "Mom, well I just swept her under the rug sometime ago. She never once gave me the time of day after you two parted. Even when you were away. She treated me like shit. I never told you because I didn't want you to leave us and kinda felt like you would have not believed me. She didn't even try to make any effort whatsoever to make mends with me. But, that is behind us now. There is something else that is really bothering me Dad and it is hard to explain" ........ "Try, I may just understand. What is it?" ...... "Actually Dad it is someone else" ...... "Who" ...... "Sanem" Aziz looks at Can with curiosity "Is it what she had been through with Yigit?"...... "Partially, I kissed her in the dark the night of your 40th Gala" ........"Really, how did you know it was her" ...... "By her scent. When she came in to talk to Deren and I about advertising her creams, well she brought in samples. When she applied it to her skin and I smell it that's when I knew it was her. I couldn't get that scent out of my head. With all that has happened I am afraid to tell her. It's like we both felt some form of electricity going through our bodies. She even gave into the kiss Dad" ......" Wow, it sounds to me that you have already fallen deep for her" ...... "I guess you can say that. This is not going to be easy trying to get her to trust me and understand that I am not a bad man. That's really why I had to get away to think about how to go about approaching her in a gentle way. I want to protect and show her that even though I appear hard on the outside inside I am gentle when it comes to a woman. What should I do Dad?"  ........ "First, what you did today by pitching in to offer to help with the horses was a step in the right direction. You need to earn her trust. Start there." ...... "But, what if I can't earn her trust?" ...... "Son, I have a strong feeling that Mihriban is working on that now. She sent me a text earlier that she was with Sanem and the two of them are talking. Even Denise, Bulut's girlfriend is a therapist showed up and between the two of them Sanem is being coached through her ordeal. Take it slow, one day at a time. Just continue to offer your handyman services to her. She will in time learn to trust you and men again. Tell you what, we have a empty cabin on the farm. Why don't you move in there, that way you will be around and can give a helping hand when needed. Bulut is one person and sometimes he can't do it all. Emre can stay in the house since he is usually there by himself when you are traveling." ............ "What should we do about her advertising campaign" ........ "Do what she said, drop it for now. Maybe we could convince her to come to work at the Agency and work under you and Deren as a apprentice. She is full of creativity as we know by what she presented to you and than we can maybe get her on boat with her creams." ........ "That sounds like a plan" ........ "I will talk to her about it. She doesn't have a car now, so if you move into the cabin just maybe she can ride to work with you and that way you both can get to know each other and who knows your relationship may flourish into something. Son, be patient with her, she will come around." ........"OK Dad, I'll try. She is so beautiful isn't she. I just love her dimples. She is not like the others Dad. There is something about her that I just want to be near her all the time" ........ "She is very beautiful and special too. I can understand why you want to be near her. It is a electric force that is pulling all of us to her?" .......... "I really don't know! Maybe so? Must be something going on beings we all meet in a strange situation. Call it a coincidence perhaps. Its funny how in life when we need change or something has happened in our past how people enter our life when we least expect it. Guess there are angels or something pulling us in to help us move on to the next season we are about to enter. People come and go I know but sometimes  I feel that some are meant to be around you a lifetime. Who knows maybe just maybe Sanem is suppose to be the one that remains with me for the rest of my life. I  will just have to wait and see how this all goes"..........."So what are you saying Can? Could she be your one and only true Love?"........"Maybe, maybe not! We will just have to see what is meant to be. OK, Dad lets get out of here. Thank God tomorrow is Saturday. I have a cabin to move into and horse duties" Can drives Aziz back to the farm. Aziz tells Mihriban that Can will be moving into the cabin behind their house. Of course Aziz and Can talked on the way home to not tell anyone about their plan to get Sanem to go to work at the Agency. Aziz would plan a BBQ over the weekend and bring it up to Sanem. Can hugged his father before heading home for the last time. For tomorrow is a new day and a place he can call his own. Aziz's final words before Can got in his truck was "Son, remember to be patient. Don't give up on Sanem, fight for her. I LOVE YOU MY MIGHTY STRONG LION! see you in the morning." Can at this point had a tear form in his eye as he hugged his father again. Than climbed in his truck and drove off.

 Than climbed in his truck and drove off