The Amber Stone

Several hours had gone by when Gamze came looking for Can. She found him waking up outside on the lounger with Aziz, Mihriban, Nihat and Mevkibe sitting there. "Can, can you please come upstairs"........."Is everything alright?".........."All is fine. The Doctor wants to try something since Sanem is still sleeping. So the next person in line would be you. How would you like to hold your babies".........."More then anything in this world"........."Then you need to come with me" Can immediately jumps up following Gamze up the stairs. Both sets of Parents follow suite and stand quietly outside the door.

The Doctor had Can sit down in a chair next to the babies. He unhooked Deniz to let Can hold him "Can, I can only give you ten minutes with each baby. I want to see how they do when off the machine. I felt they needed to be introduced and get familiar with your scent. Talk to them also so they  will recognize voice"  He the placed Deniz in his large arms. Can sat there as tears filled his eyes looking upon this small little boy. All eyes were on Can and Deniz that no one had noticed that Sanem had waken watching what was going on.. Can began to speak softly to his son. "Hey my little cub, I am your father. I promise to protect you with all my life. Right now your mother is very angry with me and in time we all will be joined together a become a family. I have already fallen in Love with you my little man and your sister too." With that little Deniz puts his little hand around Can's pinky finger. He gently kissed him on his head when the Doctor told him he had to put Deniz back on the machine. Next came Ates. "Hey my little princess. You look so much like Mommy. I promise to keep all the bad kings away. Mommy may think that I am one, but really I'm not.. You need to get well soon. Daddy Loves you" and he than kissed Ates on her little small head. He stood watching over them like a Shephard watched over his flock. He than saw out from the corner of his eyes movement from Sanem's bed. He tapped Gamze "I think Sanem is awake" ........"OK, do me a favor and go send Mevkibe and Nihat up here. Nihat cleared his throat to let them know they were there. Can turned to leave only to see Sanem staring at him. He slowly made his way over and sat on the edge of her bed.

She looked up at him with a surprised look as he placed his hand on her face

She looked up at him with a surprised look as he placed his hand on her face. Can saw she was wearing the Amber Necklace he had given her while at the Island some time back . "Sanem I know you are still very gruggy and angry with me. You are not dreaming. I am actually right here with you." He then took the amber stone that was hanging from the chain and held it up to her eyes so she could see it. Can saw a tear run down her cheek and gentlely wiped it away. "Sanem, see this Amber Stone" She looks at it. "Do you remember when we were at the lagoon and I gave this to you. Remember the special story behind it. How a bad storm was approaching, that I was looking for shelter to hide in and I found a small house that a elderly couple lived in. The man had a heart attack and if I hadn't been there to give him CPR he would've not made it. I told you that his wife gave me this Amber stone as I said goodbye. Remember according to the legend, a goddess was living in the Baltic Sea and she had a castle made of amber. Then how she fell in Love with a mortal fisherman and he also fell in Love with her. But of course, Love between an ordinary fisherman and a goddess is impossible. They ran away from everyone to disappear and hide. The God of lightning caught them. He sent the fisherman out to sea on the other side of the world and locked the goddess in her amber castle. From that day on Sanem, she shed tears just like you. The waves would carry the amber to the coast for her Lover to find her. The elderly woman that gave me the amber told me .... that this amber will bring me good luck and help me to get together with my beloved wherever she me be in the world." Can layed the amber down on her chest and placed his hand under her chin to get her to look at him in the eyes. "Baby, you are my beloved and with you wearing this stone it brought us back together. I never forgot you the whole time we were separated. I tried numerous times to call you but, your phone was disconnected. In the up coming days when you get your strength back and feel better, you will hear many things. I truly know in the deepest part of my heart that I hurt you when I left. I am so sorry and that you went through carrying the beautiful babies of ours that you blessed me with. I just hope that somewhere in that beautiful heart of yours that you can forgive me. I want to work our differences out and rebuild our relationship back to where it was. I am here for you Sanem to help you with these babies and become a family. Baby, I still Love You dearly and never stopped" ............ "I don't want to see you........go back to where you came from.........just get, leave me alone" with that being said, Can stands up bends down and places a gentle kiss on her cheek than leaves her room. "She's all yours Nihat bey and Ms Mevkibe" Aziz places his hand on Can's shoulder. "I'm going for a run"  Gamze was standing over the babies with her back to Sanem as tears filled her eyes hearing what Can had said to Sanem. The Doctor had gone out on the patio. Gamze pulled herself together, wiped her tears and went over to Sanem to help adjust her to a upright sitting position so she could visit with her parents. Mevkibe and Nihat rushed to her side with smiles on their faces.
Sanem looked around the room seeing that it had looked familiar from some time ago. "Mom and Dad, of all places to by why was I brought here. Please take me to my farm. I don't want to be here especially with Can"........."Daughter, you are not well and neither are your beautiful babies. It is impossible for you to go to the farm." She said not a word in return layed back down on her side with her back facing her Parents. "If you don't mind, I want to be alone"........."OK, we will go and help prepare dinner. Everyone is here including Leyla. Would you like to at least see your sister?"......."Not right now"......."OK Daughter, we will come check on you later before we go to bed" said Nihat as Mevkibe and he stood up giving her each a kiss on each of her cheek leaving her alone as she had requested and went downstairs to help prepare dinner.