Just our Secret

Sure enough as they approached the barn, Sanem and Bulut were with the horses. She was feeding them the last of the apples. Can walked up to them and immediately started to pet them. " What are you doing here Can Bey?" Sanem asked. I was visiting with my Dad and heard about the accident, so I decided to come and check on you and offer my services" ........ "Thank You for your concerns. But, I think we are fine" ......  "What are these beauties names" ...... "The white one is Albatross and the tan one is Phoenix" .......... "How are you doing Sanem" asked Metin "OK, still sore, but each day gets a little better" ...... "That's good, listen I came here to talk to you. Got a minute" ...... "You can talk to me right now." He looks at her and at the others "We can do it in private if you like" ......"It's ok, unless it is something you don't want the others to hear" ...... "Sanem, can you stop for a minute and look at me" She does as Metin ask "The accident was on the front page this morning." ........ "Great, for the public to see how bad of a driver I am" rolling her eyes as she said it "It wasn't your fault. It was the other driver. He died on the scene." ........ "That's sad" ...... "Sanem, it was Yigit. He wanted you dead" ...... She literally had to lean her body against the fence as she heard it "How do you know" ....... "Well, the police went to Polen to tell her of her brothers death and She told them that Huma and him plotted the accident, but it wasn't to kill anyone. It was to keep you scared of him and threatened you to keep your mouth shut about what he did to you" ........ "Is it out there now about his assault on me" ...... "No" ......."Sanem, I need to return something to you. Can was at the river and came across something we believe is yours. I will be honest with you. Can, Aziz Bey, Mihriban and myself read what was written in it. Correct us if we are wrong, but we put two and two together and that's why we believe it is yours" ......... "Are you talking about the river behind the back of my house" ...... "I think I know what it is. I was hoping it was destroyed by the rough currents and washed out to sea." ...... she said as tears began to fill in her eyes.

"I wanted this to go away

"I wanted this to go away. I can't even function right anymore. It sucks having a photographic memory sometimes because the scenes are always popping up. I have nightmares every single night since it happened. I just want to feel normal again" Mihriban goes over to her and wraps her arms around her to give Sanem some form of comfort. "Sanem dear, this is just our secret. The details are just between us. We will do whatever it takes to help you get past this. Please trust us. Aziz, Metin, Can and I promise to keep it between us only." Aziz than speaks "Sanem, justice has been served to him. You don't have to worry about him harming you any longer. Let us help you please!" ........ "Please whatever you do, don't tell my parents. My Dad has health problems and I don't want to cause him to have more issues." ........ "We won't say a word. Its just between us that are standing before you. No one will ever know" Aziz replied. He then gives her a fatherly hug. "When your ready daughter you must be the one to tell your Parents. When and if you do, he will be upset at first but once he finds out Yigit is dead he will know right away justice was served. Until then I promise to not say anything and will be here for you day and night" Sanem said nothing but just put her face in his chest and cried.

 Until then I promise to not say anything and will be here for you day and night" Sanem said nothing but just put her face in his chest and cried

Mihriban stood back watching her husband hug Sanem as if she was his daughter. She couldn't help to then look over at Can. What she saw in his eyes was something she hadn't seen come from those gorgeous brown eyes if his ever since she entered back in Aziz life. She saw a sparkle of light in them and yet a bit sadness of being afraid to go near Sanem. Mihriban took her elbow and tapped Metin's arm to get his attention. When he looked down at her she said in a very soft whisper "Does Can have interest in Sanem?" ...... "It's not for me to say. Ask him" ...... "Don't be like that. I see that sparkle in his eyes as he looks upon her. Just nod yes or no Metin" .......... He stood there looking at his best friend and then over at Mihriban nodding his head yes. She smiled at him. "Don't you dare say a word Mihriban" ....... "Its our little secret Metin." She said giving him a wink. All he could think to himself was oh shit what have I done.

Bulut walked over to join them watching the horses run in the fenced in pasture " Sanem, I will come over later to take them for their daily ride after I get the rest of my chores done" Can then spoke up "I can do that if it helps you any Bulut

Bulut walked over to join them watching the horses run in the fenced in pasture " Sanem, I will come over later to take them for their daily ride after I get the rest of my chores done" Can then spoke up "I can do that if it helps you any Bulut." ...... "It would help alot if Sanem don't mind" They both look over at Sanem waiting for her to answer. Mihriban blurted out "That's a great idea. Why don't you let Can take them for a ride. Can you come over each day after work and help with the horses Can. You are welcome to stay at the house" Metin was like Oh my God, she is scheming already. He couldn't hold it back "Mihriban" ....... "Metin" ...... "If you have time Can Bey, I know you are busy" Sanem said  ......"Not a problem, I will be happy to help with them. Hey, Bulut show me where the saddles are and I will do it now" The two of them head over to the barn so Bulut could show Can where everything is kept. Metin just had to shake his head at Mihriban as she grabbed Sanem and they walk to her house to see if she needing anything done there. Aziz and Metin were left standing there, so they headed over to the barn with Bulut and Can. "Hey Metin, have you ever rode a horse?" Can asked to mess with him. "Matter of fact I have" Can was surprised to hear that come from him. "Good, take off your jacket and ride with me. I'll take the white one you take the tan one. Be nice or she will throw you off like other women have done to you" laughing as he said it to Metin. "Don't even go there Can you have not room to talk."........"Just get on the horse and follow me" Metin did as he was told and off they rode down the lane.