3 Months passed making it a total of 5 months treatment and there was absolutely no improvement in your cancer treatment. Law was trying so hard to change diet plans, trying to use more expensive medicines to make you healthy but nothing seemed to work. But he couldn't give up.

One day you felt really weak and lost your consciousness. When you woke up, it was already late, you found yourself in your bed with some machines and computers beside you. "Y/N, how are you feeling now?" a deep voice asked with concern. You saw the doctor with gold eyes and dark circles under his eyes, standing beside you as his hands held your bed. 'He didn't leave even if his shift is over?', you thought.

You chuckled and replied, "Its fine doctor. Please don't worry about me who has no time left", making his heart clench. He didn't like this.

He sat beside you and took your hand in his and sighed, "Don't say such things. You'll be fine".

"It's okay doctor. You tried your best", you smiled at him as he bit his lip trying to control his emotions.

"I like you doctor", you said making him look at you, "I've liked you for a while now. I'm telling this because I am scared that I won't get another chance", he lifted your hand and leaned his forehead on it.

"I like you too. I shouldn't have feelings for my patient but... I couldn't help it", he gulped still avoiding your gaze. He exhaled and continued, "I actually would love if you give me a chance".

"Do... Do you think, if we would've met some other time and I wasn't sick, we could've given a chance... to us?", you asked gaining his attention. He smiled weakly and replied, "We still have a chance, what do you say? Wanna be my girlfriend?".

You chuckled as he asked that big question. 'I dont have much time anyway so why not', you thought and agreed by saying, "I would happily be your girlfriend". Law smiled and kissed your hand which he was holding.

After another 10 days with nothing but a really affectionate doctor beside you, whenever he could get the chance. You both knew you were getting weaker day by day but still stayed happy. But on the 11th day, you again lost your consciousness.

When you opened your eyes, you again found the doctor right beside you. His eyes were red and puffy. It seemed like it was late and he stayed back again for you. "Doctor were you crying because of me?", you asked and wanted to ruffle his hair but, you felt too weak to even lift your arm.

"What? why would I cry? You are getting fine and there is no reason for me to be sad", he tried to lie but you knew the doctor from past 5 months now.

"You are so sweet for trying to cheer me up Doctor", you said tried your best to lift your hand. He didn't fail to notice it and laced his fingers with yours, knowing you wanted to do it.

"I am a failure as a doctor Y/N, I am good for nothing", he said as he again lifted your hand up and towards his lips, to kiss it. You shake your head sideways. "You are the best doctor a patient can ever have and also the lovely boyfriend one can ask for", you smiled weakly making his eyes to tear up.

"Don't cry doctor. You shouldn't cry for me. I am just not strong enough", he leaned into your touch and denied it.

"I want you to know something doctor so please listen to me", you said and he nodded still not letting you go.

"I always loved my parents and the friends who always cared or me", you took a breath and continued, "I am in love with you. From the time you took care of me, from the time I got admitted in the hospital".

He soothed your tears as you continued to talk. "Doctor, you are really talented. Please do take care of yourself", your voice whimpered as you were holding most of the pain in your heart. Law didn't say anything because he didn't want to even miss a single word of yours. But his tears were spilling out of his eyes.

"From now, you don't have to stay back for me, so please get some sleep", he teared up even more because of your words. "Doctor, please don't blame yourself. I really was happy because of you. You made my time here colourful", you smiled and continued, "I love you so, please forget me as soon as you can". Each and every word from your lips was hurting him so much.

"I can't... Y/N, that's way too hard", he spoke after a long time because he needed to let you know, "Because I love you too", he leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on your lips and wiped your tears away with his slender fingers.

"Can I touch your hair?" you asked and your hand was instantly on his black hair. "It's so soft and has the smoothest texture", you said and after a while he pulled your hand back to his lips to place kisses on it.

"Woah! And you are the most beautiful person I've ever met and I'm not even kidding", he said making you to smile at him again.

"Thank you for everything Doctor Law", you said and lost your consciousness, except for the last time now.

He stayed very quiet for a while as the machine beeped because it couldn't read any heartbeat now. He gulped and caressed his thumb over your cheek to wipe the last tear away. He knew it would happen. But he wasn't ready to let go yet.

"I'm the most cursed being", he said out loud. "My parents and my sister whom I really loved, my adopted father, whom I eventually really loved and admired died", Law's hands were shaking as he tried to let your hand go.

"Now, you too Y/N", he broke down as he cried out. "I still want you, I need you Y/N", his voice cracked but he continued to speak between his sobs, "I not ready to let go Y/N... Y/N". He cried and cried that time. He never forgot you.

XOXOXOXO

I don't know if this is made anyone else cried or I was the only one. I was really sad when I got this plot. I was trying to write this for a long time, and this event gave me the opportunity to write for this story.

Thank you for reading.

Like/Vote, Reblog/Share and comment your feelings. I apologise for this.

Follow for more content.