-38-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Sean Britto

Week after week went by and eventually, a month had passed. It was hard on Annabelle at first, she tried to put up a brave face but ultimately, it was overwhelming and she caved. I was by her side every step of the way as she tried to make peace with it. Every time I look at her face it angered me further. I think that was one of her biggest stressors the way her face looked after she came home from the hospital. I tried my best to make her feel as beautiful as I can because I saw beneath her face value. Annabelle is a beautiful woman inside out. She proves that every day the way she takes care of Steph never complaining once and quite frankly she puts up with me.

I wanted that bastard to pay for what he had done. I don't even want to put into thought if she had lost our baby what I would have done. During her recovery, I tried my utmost to make her feel loved and cherished. At every trial hearing, it was especially hard on Annabelle but she stayed strong and couldn't ask for more out of her.

Today she is going back to work. She has been complaining that I've been tiptoeing around her and she can't stand it. I know how traumatic events can scar a person psychologically and I see all she's going through, even feeling for her at times. For the first few weeks she was having nightmares and I'm happy they subsided now after a few sessions with a sleep therapist. Since she is pregnant there isn't any medication they want to administer to her. To date, she's five months pregnant and she's doing great. I spoil her a little too much at times. After what she went through and especially after all the morning sickness she's had to put up with which she handles all too well and I don't even want her to go through that ever again. She's a really strong woman.

One night she broke down and cried her heart out, telling me what happened while I held her. It broke me, I couldn't take the pain and hurt away, that night she made peace with it.

The twins are doing great. We are having two girls and Annabelle couldn't be happier and can't wait for them to be born, she says the girls will run the house. Since she's the only girl in the house right now.

Annabelle spoils Steph too and he always gets his way as long as she has a say in whatever he wants. My family is doing well and I'm especially glad Annabelle has recovered very well.

I'm currently in my office waiting on Ariel, Arizona, and Jinette to help me plan a surprise engagement party for her. I want her to feel extremely special because she deserves it. I have the entire day plan out in my head and need the girls to help me execute it because she's clever and will see through me. I want our families there and I want her pampered that entire day.

Since her birthday and the holidays are coming up I want to make it even special for her. I know it's early in our relationship but I know how I feel about Annabelle and I'm not letting her go.

My phone rings and it's Cindy.

"Hello," I answer.

"Hi Sean, I'm in New York for a few days can we have dinner. I would like to talk to you about something important."

"What is this about?"

"Can we not talk over the phone, how about we meet at Katz. Is that alright with you?"

"Sure, I can meet you there."

Cindy and I relationship had gotten a little better I should think. She calls Steph regularly.  She and I would talk from time to time. Since Steph birthday back in August I haven't seen her and am surprised that she is in town.

The day went on, the girls came and I told them what I had in mind. they were thrilled to help me with the details.

It was now 5 pm. I gather my brief and cellular, I was ready to meet Cindy.