- 3 -

HAPPY READING 🥰

Sean Britto

6 months later

It has been six months since I send divorce papers to Cindy, yet she hasn't responded nor did she get in contact with me or my lawyer. I've been good the past five months since Brian came back to New York It seems as though things are looking up. Steph is back home and we have a good schedule.

It was hard at first adjusting without Cindy. She knows the ins and outs of this house and Steph schedule like the back of her hand. She made it looked easy but it's hard work and to keep up with everything Steph's is a part of is challenging. Nevertheless, we have adjusted to a new system, one that works around my work hours.

Tonight is the charity gala Brian organized for his grandfather. currently, I'm all dressed but the sitter is running a little late. I'm sitting in the living room, while Steph is asleep. I apply for a live-in-home nanny but the service has not found one to work around my schedule. As I patiently wait for the sitter to arrive. My phone rings and it's Brian.

"Sean you all set for tonight."

"Yeah man, I'm dressed waiting on the sitter."

"Did you take my advice and get a date."

"What do I need one for? so the media can go crazy with my life. No thank you."

"If the sitter doesn't show, I have Rossie here she can take him. Jaden usually sleeps throughout the night."

"If she doesn't show in the next ten minutes I will take you up on that offer."

"We will talk at the gala, I'm heading home."

"Ok man, there is a knock on the door maybe it's the sitter."

I hang up walking to the door to see who it is. their stood miss, Marie.

"Sorry, dear traffic is backed up tonight."

"Your right on time, you know my emergency contact and my number if anything at all, call me."

"I will check on him then leave."

Miss Marie is a kind old lady who seen very sweet and Steph loves to spend time with her. She has been filling in whenever I need a sitter or worked late. I walk up to Steph's room kiss his head goodbye and walked out taking my car keys.

When I arrived at the Grand ballroom the media was everywhere, as I walk in they asked about my wife but I put my head straight and walk past not spearing them a glance.

As I walk into the hall I greeted some of our business partners and associates.

"Sean Britto."

I turn around and there stood Adam Ferguson, who went to university with Brian and me. He held out his hand to me, shaking it and patting my back.

"Long time, how Cindy and the baby."

"They are good, where's Cindy" he looks around as if searching for her. "She's in Italy."

"And you're here," he looked around "who's that in the gold dress."

"I just came into town dad send me to make his contribution to this fundraiser." He said.

"How's the old man," I asked.

"You didn't answer my question, Sean"

"What's that," I asked steering him in the eyes.

"The gold dress, I have to ask for a dance."

"Stop calling her gold dress, that's Brian's wife."

He whistles. "Brian win the jackpot there, wonder if she will dance with me."

I strode past him walking up to Jinette asking for a dance. We talked as I sway her to the beat. There was a tap on my shoulder when I turn around it was Brian "can I have my wife now." I let go of Jinette throwing my hands in the air.

I needed some fresh air and walked out the back entrance holding onto the railing leading to the garden. I inhale a sharp breath and exhale it in one whiff.

"You look like you need more than a deep breath." I turn my head there stood Anna in a figure-hugging black floor-length dress. I saw her standing with Jinette a while ago but now I take in her appearance, she looks stunning with the right amount of makeup to keep me looking. Full lips and chestnut skin tone, that look soft. I had to put my hands in my pocket to not touch her.

I turned around fully to her taking in her features, she is a beautiful woman. looks confident and mature. Full breast and a curvy waistline. I haven't been romantically involved in so long, It is playing with my mind.

"I do actually, so much more." I lean onto the railing with my hands in my pocket.

"I heard about Cindy and I'm sorry things didn't work out according to plans."

"You have nothing to be sorry about, you didn't leave me."

"I'm sorry anyway and you shouldn't have to go through something like that."

"Tell me Anna why are you out here when the party is in there." I look at her eyes not allowing my eyes to look any further.

"That Ferguson guy was eye rapping me, I needed a break from all the undressing."

I chuckled "you're something else you know that. There something about you, I haven't figured out what it is."

"Make sure to tell me when you do" she walks up to the railing facing the garden while I was backing it and I took in her scent she smells heavenly. I need to get laid.

You really need to get laid
my subconscious yells at me.

"How's Steph, I've known you since Jinette rehearsal dinner and only met him once at their wedding."

"He's alright, a little too much to handle at times but he's great."

"How is he handling everything." She turns her head to face me and the wind blew her hair across her face. I couldn't help it anymore I took my hand and clearing her hair away from her face, my hand brush her cheeks lightly. Our eyes connect and my heartbeat speeds up. I didn't move my hand I just stood there gazing into her eyes, her lips parted and all I wanted to do was kiss her.

I move close to her still looking at her eyes they were a shade of light brown but got a shade darker when I moved closer to her. I brush my thumb finger over her lips and watch her chest rising and fall as I cupped her cheeks. I lean in moving my eyes to her lips. I lean in closer her cell phone rings in her hand. She flinches, We quickly pulled away as she answered.

I clear my throat that has never happened to me before. I've never felt that pulled towards anyone, I felt hot.
I took off my suit jacket losing my tie trying to figure out what just happened.

I place my suit jacket over her shoulders, as she talks and walks back inside.