-29-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Annabelle Innis

I walk outside to my father and Sean talking on the patio. I've never seen my dad taken to someone the way he did with Sean. when Sean walked off to the dining room earlier he hugged me saying I've chosen wisely and he's proud of the woman I'm becoming. I exhaled the breath I was holding. I honestly thought something was wrong and he was ready to attack.

I am extremely happy that my family had taken a liking to him. He's a charmer and has my family wrapped around his finger. My father is usually a tough man to please so it's a lot coming from him. He's a lawyer and that side of him can kick in pretty quickly and depend on your answer and body language he knows if your someone to be around or get rid of. Arizona and Ariel had many suitors but my dad runs them sometimes with a baseball bat. I was a little hesitant to bring Sean home to them especially because of his divorce. But Sean is an incredible guy. Cindy made a big mistake but thanks to her I've got a hot, handsome, sexy, and well-groomed man all for myself.

Now it's only a matter of telling him the big news and I'm nervous about it. I know I should probably tell him right now but I'm thinking I should surprise him. When they see me my father pats Sean's shoulder walking off he says "I will leave you two to it."

"You ready I ask Sean, is Steph at Jinette's."

He nods saying "he's spending the weekend."

He holds my hand and we walk to his vehicle. I lean on the door of his car as he stood in front of me. I smile up at him as he looks up at me."So my parents like you," I say. "No surprise there, I told you mums like me," he smirks down at me. "So full of your self Mr Britto."

"I want to kiss you so badly right now but if I'm guessing correctly your mom is looking at us." When I peek my head to the side of him, there she is looking at us from the blackout door. "I'm right aren't I." I snicker "you have a PhD on mothers."

" I know my mother and most mothers are like her."

He places his hand on my waist, "come home with me," he whispers in my ears his lips brushing my ear and his breath fanning my skin goosebumps erupts all over my arms and I shiver.

"Hmm, very tempting. I haven't spend a full day with my family" I whine wanting to go with him. "You know you're not playing fair here," I say.

He chuckles, "If your father and brother weren't lawyers I would steal you right now."

"Don't tease me," I blush.

"I can't help myself when it comes to you. When am I going to see you?" he asks looking deep into my eyes. This conversation was becoming intense his eyes are darkening with a hungry desire and all I want to do is throw my arms around him.

He leans in kissing my forehead, then my right and left cheeks. My eyes close on their own as I grip onto his coat. I need him to kiss me "that's all you get until I see you." I open my eyes looking at him "is that all, you're not playing fair."

"Until I see you.... baby, go inside get some rest I will call you," he says. He let go of me but I want more. I hold onto his coat leaning my forehead to his chest taking in the heat of his body.

He places his hand on the back of my neck rubbing smooth circles with his thumb "you're not making this any easy baby" he murmurs as he kisses the top of my head. He pulls away "come on go inside it's beginning to get chilly out here." But I didn't pull away I was absorbing the heat his body was radiating and the throb of his heartbeat.

He pulls away "we've been out here long enough and I don't want your father running me with his baseball bat," he chuckles. "He told you about that." I laugh at the memory of my father running off one of Arizona's boyfriends.

I step away from his car. He gives my cheeks one last kiss as he bid me goodbye. He props himself on the side of his car watching me as I stroll back to the house. When I step into the house my family was sitting around as if they weren't looking at us. I smile walking to my room.

Ariel came up shortly behind me. "Anna" she calls out to me. She plops on my bed next to me, "I have two invitations for you, one for Sean, the other for Jinette and her husband."

"Thank you, where is Sebastian anyway," I question. "he's at a medical conference in DC. I'm going up on the last day of his seminar."

"Ok"

"Sean seemed like a nice guy, I hope everything works out between you two. I know we tease you a lot but we all knew you'll shine and find love in your own time, I love you, Anna."

"I love you too Ariel." She gets up walking to the door, she turns back looking at me.

"Listen I see you're getting a little thick, I'm not saying fat, I say thick before you go back to your apartment can we do your dress fitting."

"I don't take offence at getting thick," I wink at her.

"Is it that good," she asks. I smile at her."He's lucky to have you, you're an incredible big sister."

"It's even better than just good" I wink at her again she smiles walking out.

I lay back on my bed taking in the peace that surrounds me. I smile to myself. There is wryly a time I smile this way or can't stop thinking about a person like this. Sean has invaded my entire mind and body. I have a part of him growing in my body and today couldn't turn out any better. The effects he has on me, how bold I get around him. The fire he ignited in me. I'm a woman in love.

I'm ready to tell him and for us to take the test together.