- 11 -

HAPPY READING 🥰

Sean Britto

I lay in bed holding Annabelle in my arms. The warmth she spreads throughout my body is remarkably wonderful. It's an overwhelming excitement to hold her in my arms and not make love to her. She's not over what happened to her in school and I want to make her comfortable with me. That's the reason for touching, hugging and kissing her constantly. She's been through so much and it's unfair she has to struggle with the pass. I will undo all the damage that fucker did to her, all I need is time.

She also has a huge doubt in me. My marriage is over in my sight. I'm not completely over Cindy and the situation in which we fall apart but she chooses and now it's my choice to unbreak Annabelle and show her the love she deserves.

I wish Cindy the best and hope she finds the happiness she deserves. It's time for me to move on and live again.

Since talking to Annabelle, I've known a peace I haven't had in a while. I'm falling for her and they're no turning back. In due time she will understand.

I check my phone for the time. It's presently 6:20 am. I don't want to get out of this bed to leave her but I have to go. This was a great weekend, I want more of it. Steph's birthday is coming up I will ask her to visit and to meet him.

I have until that time to talk to him about me and his mother. That will not be an easy conversation but it's time he knows what going on between us. Maybe that will help put Annabelle at ease.

I kiss her neck turning onto my back. She turns stretching her hands and throwing her leg over my tight. "It's time to wake up sleepy head you have work in a few...." She groans putting her hand around my neck, "I don't want to move from here. It feels so warm being in your arms." She mumbled, "I don't want to move either but we have to."

I wrap her in my arms kissing her forehead. "If I don't get up now I will miss my flight." She pouts her lips and I couldn't help the laugh that escaped. She is too cute.

"Don't laugh at me," she smacks my chest.

"Never, you have the cutest pout baby."

I kiss her lips and hold her just a little while longer. "I really need to get going beautiful."

I pull away and she holds on to me. I hold her face in my hands I look at her carefully and with a straight face. "Steph's birthday is coming up in three weeks August 15th. I will fly you over. You can meet him too. I will talk to him about us when I return." She nods but didn't meet my eyes. I kiss both of her cheeks, forehead, and chin. "I am going to miss you more, I will call you every day and night." She still didn't say anything.

"Annabelle, baby say something. I don't want to leave either, but If I don't leave I can't return." She lowers her head but still didn't say anything. "Baby absence makes the heart grow fonder." I tilt her chin so she can look at me, I can see how venerable she look right now, "I don't want to leave you like this," I didn't know it would be this hard to leave her.

I sit up and pull her into my arms. She leans her head onto my chest wrapping her arms around me, I held her for a while before letting go. "You alright now," she nods, still didn't say anything. "You will feel better after you shower and eat something."

I lift her walking us to the bathroom.  I remove her clothes, underwear and bra. I keep staring at her face, it took all the willpower in my mind and body not to have her in this shower right now. I put her in the shower "I will order breakfast," I let go of her hand walking out closing the door behind me. "Damn, I didn't know it would be this hard." If I extend my flight it will be even harder. I check the time on my phone it's currently 7:23. My flight leaves at 9:00. Check-in is at 8:00 and I didn't even shower.

Annabelle walks out in her towel and it is getting harder with every passing minute to leave this room.

"You better now baby," I walk up to her. "I will be." She says quietly.

"Get dress, I want to drop you at your apartment before I leave."

I call the front desk to arrange a taxi. I brush my teeth change my clothes, throw everything into my suitcase and was ready in two minutes.

I hold her hand walking out, I settle my bill and wait for the taxi. Annabelle was quiet the entire time, she barely looks at me. It pulls at my heart but there isn't much I can do here now, time is against me. I hate being ignored but she is in her feelings and I have to give her time.

The entire ride to her apartment was in a tense silence and it starts to annoy me. I place my hand around her shoulders but she was stiff and didn't respond to my touch.

The tension in the car the entire ride keeps building and I didn't know what to make of her new attitude. If I ignore it when I leave this might be the end.

She gives the driver directions to her apartment. That is the only time she said anything. When the car came to a halt, she opens the door walking out before I can do it for her. I watch as she opens her gate and walks inside without sparing me a glance. What the hell is happening here.

Her attitude is beginning to frustrate me. Why this childish behaviour. I pay for the taxi getting out with my luggage. I call the airline and reschedule my flight for the last available flight they had for the day.

My new departure time is 7:00 pm. check-in at 6:00 pm. I send Brian a text saying my flight is delay and I will arrive in the morning.

I open her entrance and walk up to her door knocking.

She opens her door looking at me. she was on the phone and tears were in her eyes. She looks surprised to see me standing here "Jinette I will call you back," she cut the call.