-36-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Sean Britto

I was frantically looking everywhere for Annabelle, I check the powder room both male and female. I couldn't find her and it's unlike her to just leave without a word. I had both Brian and Aaron searching. When I came out the back door I heard muffled sounds coming from what looked like a door but it's trimmed into the building. I walk up to the lone door on the back terrace.

I heard someone pleading with someone to stop. I didn't recognize it was Annabelle's voice at first but when I open the door and saw the sight in front of me, I'm raging mad. Anger filled every vein in my body, I grabbed that son of a bitch and throw punches left and right. I didn't say a word as he tries to tell me it wasn't what it looked like. The fucker had the nerves. Every punch I threw was for Annabelle, I didn't get started on the one's for daring to touch my woman, he starts to cough up blood he fell to the floor. I knee him in the face. Brian came and pull me away "you're going to kill him, go to Annabelle." he pushes me away but I wasn't done with that bastard. I ring another fist to his face.

Brian held him by his collar "I have him go to Annabelle" he said louder. When I turn around and saw her crying on her brother, I dropped down on my knees in front of her. She quickly reaches out for me. I quickly take off my coat placing it around her shoulders. Aaron told me what she said about the baby and I pick her up hurrying to the hospital. I didn't know what to say to calm her down. She is shaking so badly and I am a mess of nerves at this point.

As soon as we reach the hospital I told the nurses she is pregnant and they take her away to the emergency room. I slump down in the hallway of the hospital as tears slid down my face. I shouldn't have left her alone, I didn't even think this would have happened.

Her mother, sisters, dad, and Jinette came, they saw me slump on the floor and her father holds out his hand for me, he hugs me patting my back. They ask what happened and I told them all I saw and what I did to that bastard.

"I want everything on him and he's going down," I said to her father wiping my eyes. "I'm already on it son, all I know so far is, his name John Sanders," said Mr Inniss. I am beyond furious. Jinette came to my side hugging me. "I send Steph home with the guards, Rossie will take care of him."

"Thank you Jinette."

Then it dawns on me John Sanders, I know that name, "that's the fucker that harrassed Annabelle at school," I say.

"She wasn't harassed at school," her mother says stunned.

Then I remembered they didn't know about this. Jinette and I related to them what she told us and how I'm prepared to put an end to it. I'm just hoping she and our baby is alright.

Her mom and sister cry. Her father was ready to kill by the look on his face. "I can't believe she went through this all on her own," said Arizona. Her mom cries even more. "Sean, you have everything handle here" Mr Inniss question. "I'm not leaving her side," I say to them."Good, I'm going to the station with Brian and Aaron, look after my daughter."

"I promise and I will keep you updated." He pats my shoulder one last time before walking out.

"Ariel, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have taken my eyes off her."

"Sean, I hope you know this is not your fault." She hugs me. "I will postpone my honeymoon, I want to make sure she's ok and my niece or nephew is doing alright."

"I'm not leaving either," said Jinette and Arizona. We walk to the waiting area, waiting on the doctor. I couldn't wait to see her.

"I don't understand, I didn't see him around and I didn't notice Annabelle missing until you asked for her," Said Jinette. "All I want is for him to pay for what he did back then and what he did now. I want him behind bars or I will kill him myself." I say bobbing my foot on the floor.

I remember how timid Annabelle was when I touched her in the beginning.  I had to undo all the damage that bastard did to her now I don't know how she's going to react to me or anyone for that matter.

The doctor came out of the room walking up to us "family of Annabelle Inniss" he asked. "Yes," I answer.

"She's stable, we have her sedated. She took a pretty hard hit to her abdomen. the fetus's heartbeats are a little elevated became of the trauma, other than that the babies are doing great. Her face is swollen because of the impact. She will be fine. They both are doing fine. One other thing we will gradually break down the dose as she starts to relax." I smile for the first time since this happened as relief washes over everyone's face.

"Wait babies," I said, looking at him. "Yes there are two heartbeats," answered the doctor.

"Two" I repeated.

"Yes, are you her fiance?" he asked.

"Yes I am, I know she's pregnant but we didn't have an ultrasound done." Arizona and Ariel both jump onto me. "I'm going to be the aunt of twins," Said Arizona.

He nods, "can we see her," I smiled at him. "Was she....." the words lodged in my throat and I couldn't bring them out. The doctor understands what I wanted to ask and shake his head. "She wasn't, we've taken pictures of her wounds and sample from under her nails."

"She was shaken up pretty badly, because of how traumatizing she was when she woke up, I'm only permitting one person at this time and a short visit,"

"Thank you," I said shaking the doctor's hand.

"Go," Arizona said to me and I walk off with the doctor who leads the way.

The first thing I saw when I entered the room was her face, it pulls at my heartstrings she seems so helpless lying there her eyes were swollen, her lips had teeth marks around it swollen. His hand-printed on her face. I just stood there looking at her abused face feeling so helpless.

A nurse walks into the room, "did she say anything," I asked. She said they did a full workup but she was too traumatized to speak. When the nurse exited the room. I walk up to her bed, I stroke her hand. "He's never going to hurt you again, I will make sure of it."

"I love you, my beautiful lady." I kiss her forehead walking out.