- 15 -

HAPPY READING 🥰

Sean Britto

Three weeks later

Today is Steph's birthday as promise I'm hosting a spiderman theme party for him. He talked about his party to anyone that would listen. Although it's a very small party with a few of his friends and some of my colleagues and their kids.

Miss Sarah is preparing treats for the kids and the party planner is arranging everything from the background, bounce castle, photo booth and stand for the refreshments.

"Daddy, daddy" Steph runs into my room do you think I should be a black spiderman or a red spiderman." I place my finger at my temple as if I'm thinking about it. I point to the red one.
"I will wear both since black is badest," he shouts. "how can you wear both."

"Dad you're clueless, I will have a wardrobe change," I chuckle. He ran out of the bedroom shouting for miss Sarah. Brian comes walking into my room bumping into Steph who was running with his costume holding up in front of him. "Woah, Woah slow down, where are you off to young man." Inquire Brian. "I want to show miss Sarah my costume, do you like it uncle Brian I'm wearing both I'm red and black spiderman."

"Do you think I can borrow the black one?"

"Silly uncle Brian. You're too big for my costume, see." he held it up to his face. "See it's kid-size." He runs off shouting for miss Sarah while Brian laughs walking into my room.

We greet each other while still laughing at Steph. "Remind me to hire that kid once he's out of college."

"No need, he will run his own company with the way he's going. Where Jinette and Jorden.?"

"They're downstairs, Jinette is helping miss Sarah set up the snacks."

"She didn't have to."

"You know how she gets, she not going to stop till it's all set up."

"She spoils me too much."

" You know she cares about Steph."

"I can't thank her enough for all she does for us. You too man."

"Don't mention it. What time do you have to pick up Anna?."

Her flight lands at 11 am as soon as I get dress, I'm on my way. Should be back before entertainment gets here."

"I will leave you to it," he pats my shoulder walking out. "By the way Sean I like how you set up the man cave."

Two weeks ago I moved into my new house. four bedrooms, three bathrooms a laundry room, two sitting rooms. It has a garden, maintenance quarters pretty decent, and worth every penny.  

As I walk out of my room. Steph runs into my room before I reach the door throwing himself onto the bed. Smiling "dad I've seen an angel. She's so beautiful." He smiles like he's in a dream-like state.

"Who's this angel" I laugh at his reaction.

"She even brought gifts but said I couldn't open them until after the party. "Dad, she kisses me" he points to his cheeks.

I couldn't hold back the laugh that was bubbling in me. My son has a crush.

"I would like to see this angel."

He held my hands dragging me out of my room running to the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs, I am pleasantly surprised to see Annabelle standing there. "There she is," he points to her. My son has good taste.

I run down the stairs enveloping her in a hug. "I was now leaving to go pick you up. How did you find the place." Before she could respond Steph runs between Annabelle and I separating us. "She's my friend's daddy," He pouts crossing his arms.