- 6 -

HAPPY READING 🥰

Annabelle Innis

Ever since my conversation with sean, I can't stop smiling. It's so effortless to talk to him. I lay here in bed waiting for his call and it seems as though it's all I do. for the past week we have been texting and calling each other and it has become our routine, I love our conversations he always makes me smile.

There is a voice in the back of my head that's telling me I shouldn't get mixed up with him. He has a lot of baggage. His marriage is not even over and what if I become entangled with him and his wife return? It's all so confusing but he makes me feel things. Things I haven't experienced. The night we almost kissed I felt my centre throbbed wildly and I wanted his lips on mine. My whole body heated up. That has never happened to me before. I remembered the first time I had intercourse was in college, John my then-boyfriend wasn't a vanilla lover, he didn't take his time with me, it was as if he was going to war with my lady bits and I bled. I ended up never doing it again. Jinette and I had promised each other to wait until marriage but John persuades me and I give in, I regretted that decision and promised myself if I'm not in love I'm never do it again.

Since Jinette is the first to get married I inquired from her how was it. If all she told me of her and Brian's bedroom romance is true I'm missing out. The way Brian took his time with her was incredible, and I long to have that, to meet my soulmate, to find true love.

As a little girl, I always wanted to meet the love of my life to fall in love and be happy. Sean has already found his true love, Cindy. Dispute the ups and down now, they can work things out if they truly wanted to. Then where does that leave me? All this thinking will swell my head. If I continue. I roll over onto my back but couldn't will my mind to stop.

When I was offered a job at the department of public information in Guyana, I jumped at the opportunity to travel to South America but now my contract is coming to an end, and I have to move back home. I like it here in Guyana. The people are friendly and the food is amazing. Since being here I've met Jason and he's wonderful but I wasn't feeling it too much and I couldn't give him what he wanted. I had to end things between us.

I don't even know how to tell Jinette about sean and I being friends. since she and Cindy are friends too. I don't want it to be awkward for her or put her in the position to choose. I think I know what she's going to say and I dread making that call. I know her long enough to understand her and well enough to know how she thinks. So I will hold off until I know where this is going. I need her advice on this matter though.

Sean and I talk every night since our first conversation he's a good listener and it feels good to talk to him. I'm smiling the entire conversation and I can't get enough of his wits and how handsome he is. He's so experienced and counters every damn thing I say with a witty answer as hard as I try to put up an opposition he makes me smile.

My phone vibrates next to me and thinking of the devil it's him.

"Hello beautiful lady, how's your day."

I turn over on my tummy answering, "it's hot here but I'm alright, how's your day?"

"Remind me to cool you down when I get there on Friday."

"How are you going to do that Mr Britto."

"Ms Inniss one opportunity and all your heat will disappear."

"Hmm sounds tempting," I smile knowing how he likes to tease me about these things.

"I miss your voice beautiful lady."

"Is that so, we talked last night late remember."

"Hearing your voice makes me smile, and you didn't answer my call this morning."

"I was busy this morning, duty calls. my supervisor goes crazy if she doesn't have my undivided attention."

"Thank God it's a she, my heart couldn't take a man wanting all your attention."

"Do you tell all the girls that player?"

"I'm no player woman, I'm too grown to be running around doing boy stuff."

"Is that why Cindy left you."

"I'm a devoted guy. In due time you're going to see that, I can't expect you to believe everything I say at once but you will eventually. You know I would like to see your face when you're giving me all this hard time."

"I'm not giving you a hard time, I don't know you."

"Really after a week of talking to me, you haven't figured it out. Annabelle, I'm catching feelings for you. You do something to me whenever I hear your voice. But as I told you, I will be patient and be your friend for as long as its takes. I want you to be comfortable and trust me."

"Trust that's a big one."

"True, did you smile when my name pops up on your phone just now."

"Who says your name is stored in my phone."

"Just answer the question woman. You like giving me a tough time."

I smile he always knows how to counteract what I say. "Maybe" I answer.

"That's a start, you trust me enough to make you smile. The rest will fall into place."

I laughed out "you're full of yourself."

"I like the sound of your laugh, you don't know the half of it beautiful lady. I was wondering how long it's going to be before you realize I like you and admit you like me too."

"Sean"

"Even better, I love how you called out my name. Flirting with you over the phone is so hard I want to see your reaction and even better kiss you when you pout those lips."

"Will you stop flirting with me?"

"I'm not flirting, I'm just being extra friendly to someone who is extra attractive."

"Sean" I blush. Thank the Lord he's not here to see how giggly he has me.

"I would love to see that smile right about now, baby I have an important appointment in a few, can I call you tonight when I'm home."

"Sure, I have no plans for later. Bye, Sean. Have a good meeting."

"Bye beautiful lady."

I hand up, burying my head in my pillow screaming. I have to call Jinette.

I can't help how he makes me feel every time we talk. He brings out this girly side in me and butterflies in my stomach. The way I get nervous with just his phone calls I don't know what will happen when he arrives on Friday.