-26-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Sean Britto

I turn over as I heard my ring tone. I pick up my phone off the nightstand. I smile when I see Annabelle's name on the screen. "Morning beautiful lady, you're up early."

"Had to put my mom's mind at ease before she goes off crazy and has a heart attack."

I chuckle, "so how are they doing."

"My mom and younger sister are fine. I'm yet to see my dad, brother, and older sister. What are your plans for today baby?"

"I have nothing planned. I have to collect steph from Brian's place and I was hoping to see you later."

"I want to see you too, can you come over for lunch and meet my parents."

"I get to meet the parents today," I say excitedly with a smile in my voice.

"Please prepare to be interrogated."

I chuckle "don't worry, don't stress yourself out. I told you parents love me."

"So full of your self Mr Britto."

"I'm a loveable guy, miss Inniss."

She laughs, "Sure you are Mr Britto."

"So is it your entire family or your parents I'm meeting?"

"Knowing my mother she will call everyone over."

"Should I bring something or just my charming personality?"

"You're on top today Mr Britto."

"Because I get to see my beautiful lady."

"Even when you're not here you're making me blush Mr Britto."

"One of my favourite things beautiful lady."

"Hmm, sweet talker."

I chuckle. Then I heard a scream and some ruffling around "what's happening Annabelle," I said worriedly. I can hear whispering then a strange voice speak up "so it's you that has my sister smiling and glowing this way."

"I would love to take the credit but your sister is a beautiful woman who glows on her own."

"Hand me my phone Arizona," I heard Annabelle's voice in the background. "Ariel I'm going to get you for this." I heard Annabelle voice again

"Don't flatter her big head we know what she looks like.'

I chuckle. "Maybe if you look at her through my eyes you'll see something different."

"I like you, I'm Arizona the big sister. She will hunt me down after I hang up so nice to hear a man's voice on my sister's phone."

"I'm Sean the pleasure is all mine and I will see you at lunch."

She screams, I had to move the phone from my ears before I go deaf.

"I get to meet a boyfriend for Anna omg we thought she was a lesbian." The phone cut off and I know how siblings like to tease each other. I can see why Annabelle said her family is crazy. I chuckle putting my phone away.

I will have to get steph after lunch with Annabelle's family. I haven't seen him since I drop him off at school yesterday morning, thank God it's the weekend and I have some wiggle room.

I call Brian told him what's up for today. I talk with Steph who doesn't want to come home because it's Saturday and he has a pool party with his best friend Jorden who's now learning to walk.

It's currently 9:30 am and I need my weekend workout to prepare for lunch with the inlaws.

After two hours in my home gym. I come up to miss Sarah plating breakfast. I wipe the sweat from my face and dig in. After, I walk back to my room and head straight to the bathroom. I shave, brush my teeth, shower and made sure I'm fresh. I went into my closet looking for something casual Since it's the fall season. I choose white dressy trousers paired with a white long-sleeved dress shirt with a navy blazer and loafers.

I check my time it's now 11:45 am. I don't want to be late my first time to their home. I went to my bar taking down a 52-year-old single malted scotch whiskey for her dad and red wine for the ladies. I told miss Sarah I would be out for the day and Steph's spending the weekend with Brian. It's a good thing Jinette made me leave an overnight bag there for him. Their house is slowly coming to be his new home. He loves the company and since there isn't any other child in this house, he prefers to be with Jorden. Jinettes makes it her duty to keep him entertained with her activity board.

I went down to my garage got in my BMW ix driving off to Annabelle's parents. I stop at the flower shop on my way buying two roses, one white and one red for my baby which symbolizes purity, romance, and love, and Gerbera daisies for her mom.

I place the flowers into my car, calling Annabelle letting her know I'm on my way. I hurry through traffic because I didn't want to be late for my first invite to her parent's home.

When I pull up to her house someone was sitting on the poach but quickly rush inside. I park in their driveway get out taking out the stuff I brought and walk up to the front door. I was confident the entire drive here but now I'm feeling a bit nervous and wondering how her family will view me since my divorce went public a few weeks ago. Maybe they haven't heard about it and I'm nervous for no reason at all.

I ring the doorbell twice when my beautiful lady opens the door looking radiant and I can't get over the fact of how she's glowing. There was someone else with her but I couldn't take my eyes off Annabelle. I lean in kissing her forehead giving her the two roses I bought for her. "you look, beautiful baby." Someone clears their throat and I finally tare my eye's from Annabelle who's blushing, looking everywhere but at me.

"Hello please to make your acquaintance," I stretch out my hands the best I can because of the liquor in my hand and daisies hooked under my arms. "We spoke on the phone earlier I'm Arizona," she says extending her hand to me.

I smile at her then the entire family appear like a herd. Her father, mom, her other sister I presume, and her brother. Her father spoke up, "let the man have some room to breathe before you surround him."

"This is for you Mrs Inniss," I extend the daisies and this is for you Mr Inniss," I hand over the scotch. "I'm Ariel and I will take this," she says. Taking the wine out of my hand shaking my hand in the process. I shake her mom's hand after I extend my hand to her father. then to her brother. "Sean Britto," I say he took my hand saying, "Aaron Inniss."

"Are you Sean Britto from Chesney Smith incorporated?" he asks. "The same," I answer. "Come Sean lunch will be ready in a few minutes come sit in the sitting room," says Mrs Britto.

We all walk to the sitting room with Annabelle's mom leading the way. I hold her hand walking side by side with my beautiful lady.

The look on her mom's face says she's ready to interrogate me.