𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 53.

Start from the beginning

He walked inside still carrying his daughter in his arms.

All four of them looked at each other and walked to the teracce to wait for him

...

"Tony after everything you've seen is anything even impossible?" Steve argued with him as Tony poured them ice coffe into glass cups.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with Planc scale which then triggers the deutsch proposition can we agree on that?" He handed Steve his cup.

"Thank you."

"Bassically it means you won't come back."

"I did." Scott disagreed with pretty much everything Tony stated.

"No. You accidentaly survived. And now you wanna pull of...what do you call it?"

"A time heist?" Scott looked proud of the saying.

"Yeah. Time heist. Of course. Why didn't we think of this before? Oh. Because it's laughable? Because it's fantasy?" Tony stated,sarcastically making Steve speak up,

"The stones are in the past. If we could go back we could get them."

"We can snap our own fingers,we could bring everybody back." Natasha said but Tony stood his ground.

"Or screw it up even worse than we already did."

"I don't believe we would." Steve disagreed.

"Gotta say sometimes I miss that crazy optimism. However high hopes won't help if there's no logical way to safely execute a "time heist"."

"But if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. I mean no talking to our past selves no betting on sporting events."

"I'm gonna stop you right there Scott." Tony was getting tired of proving his point. He was very much over this time travel idea. "Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on the film Back to future?"

"No." Scott smiled awkwardly.

"Good you had me worried there because that's not how quantum physics works. Anyways how have you been? No glitches?" Tony looked at Davina reffering to her loosing control. She was leaning against the wall with her head down. She's been quiet ever since they got there. Everytime she looked at Tony she saw his lifeless body. But how did that happen? When is it supposed to happen? She couldn't put her finger on it.

"Tony." Natasha brought him back to the conversation, "We have to take a stand."

"We did stand. And here we are."

Steve clenched his jaw.

"Tony I know you got a lot on the line. A daughter and a wife. But I lost someone very important to me. A lot of people did. And this is our only chance to bring them back! And you're telling me that you won't even-" Scott tried to talk him onto it getting angrier and angrier. Loosing all hope.

"That's right I won't do it." Tony sealed it.

Suddenly Morgan ran towards them climbing on Tony's lap and hugging him. "Mommy told me to come save you."

"Good job, I'm saved." Tony stood up and looked at them, "I wish you guys came here with something else. Anything. I'm honestly very happy to see you." He was about to walk past them when Morgan spoke.

"Hi." She smiled at Davina unexpectedly.

Tony stopped as Morgan kept looking at her.

Davina had no idea what to do. Her stone face didn't move an inch.

Morgan then smiled at her,breaking something inside of her. Davina imagined her without her Dad. Without Tony.

She did a motion with her hand,creating a butterly with her powers.

Morgan's face lit up. She chuckled trying to reach for the butterly but he flew away making her chuckle even more, warming up Tony's heart as he smiled appreciatively at Davina before continuing to walk inside as Steve's firm grip stopped him.

"Tony I'm happy for you I really am. But this is our second chance."

"I got my second chance right here Cap. Try something like that." He was reffering to him starting a family.

Steve and Davina looked at each other as Tony dissapeared inside the cottage.

"He's scared." Davina said as they were walking back to the car.

"Yeah but he's not wrong." Cap looked at her.

"What are we gonna do? We need him, what are we gonna stop?!" Scott asked.

Steve stopped to look at him.

"No I wanna do it right. We're gonna need a really big brain."