𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 5.

The room went quiet.
Everyone started gasping looking all terrified at Davina.

She just stood there, as she was about to continue dealing with the guy and start walking towards where he landed, someone's solid hand stopped her. Blocking her by touching her shoulder.

She turned her face away from that guy to see who it is. It was Steve. Looking at her with a serious expression on his face. She noticed how he looked into her eyes, making sure she is still in control.

"What the hell happened." His strict voice brought her back to reality. She could see all the Avengers gathering around them as some of the people already ran away from there, just a few of the curious or way too suprised ones stayed.

Natasha approached Steve whispering something to him.
She overheard the conversation between Davina and that man.

Cap's eyes left Davina's stone face and he put his hand down. He turned around so quickly and made his way over to that scum.

He picked him up by his shirt to make him be on the same eye level as
Captain,only to see his busted face and then noticing the blood all over the floor next to the shattered glass.

"Get out or I'll help you get out." He mumbled to him putting him down as the guy went for the exit,barely being able to walk.

"I didn't even hit him hard." Davina resisted.

"Alright, everyone except the Avengers out." Tony ordered and everyone did as he said.
In just a few minutes it was just them.

...

Everyone got kind of over the situation as they started playing some games,drinking and laughing upstairs. It looked like a teracce.

Davina was still a bit behind sitting a bit far from them in a single chair cleaning her hand from that guys blood. She didn't feel bad for doing that to him it just reminded her of some deaths caused by her. Blood everywhere. It was giving her some nasty flashbacks.

She noticed Steve looking at her from across the table but she quickly dodged his gaze.

"But it's a trick."

"No,no it's much more than that." Thor disagreed, laughing.

"Ah, whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power." Clint clowned him in his deep voice making everyone burst out laughing.

"Please, be my guest. Thor pointed to his hammer with his palm.

"Come on." Rhodey encouraged Clint.

"Really?" Clint looked at Thor.

"Yeah."

"Clint you've had a tough week,we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony joked making everyone laugh again.

"You know I've seen this before right?" He raised an eyebrow at Thor and wrapped his hand around the handle. He pulled but the hammer didn't move a bit.

"I still don't know how you do it." He laughed giving up right away.

"Smell the silent judgement?" Tony provoked him.

"Please,Stark, by all means." Clint invited him to try.

Everyone started blabbering, boosting Iron Man's confidence.

"Never one to shrink,from an honest challenge." Stark stood up confidently, making his way towards the hammer.

"Right,so if I lift it, I then rule Asgard?"

"Of course." Thor said seriously, knowing something like that won't happen. Making Davina smirk a little while watching Tony hopelessly thinking he can make it.

He tried pulling but nothing.

"Be right back." He left only to come back with the hand of his Iron Man suit.

He tried pulling again,even from different angles.

Rhodey came to help him with his piece of suit.

"Are you even pulling?" He looked at Tony.

"Are you on my team?"

"Just represent. Pull."

"Alright let's go." But they were unsuccessful.

Bruce also tried, screaming as if to call out the Hulk power only to make all the others awkwardly smile at him.

"Go ahead Steve, no pressure." Tony boosted him up as Steve stood up.

He wrapped his hand around the handle.

"Come on Cap." Clint cheered.

And then he pulled.

The squeaky sound of the hammer moving made Davina raise her eyebrows. She noticed Thor's concerned face. It looked like only the two of them really noticed it.

He is worthy, Davina thought.

But Cap immediatelly let go of it, lifting his hands in the air as a sign of giving up with a smile on his lips.

Thor awkwardly laughed, "Nothing."

"Widow?" Bruce looked at Natasha.

"Oh no no, that's not a question I need answered."

"Davina?" Clint looked at you.

"That's a joke right?" She raised an eyebrow.

"You're all not worthy." Thor grabbed the hammer and everyone booed at him.

"Okay Avengers enough fun for today. Tommorow is a big day. We will meet here at 1 pm come up with a plan and attack." Tony stood up clapping his hands.

"That moron has the scepter. Now we will have to retrieve it. Again." Thor stated.

"Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us." Captain spoke up standing up as well and continued,

"The world's a big place,let's start making it smaller."

...

The way to Steve's apartment was quiet. Until Steve spoke.

"Are you alright?" He asked turning his face to the side, away from the road to look at you.

"I'm good." Davina said, not looking at him and Steve just nodded at her response.

By the time, they made it to the apartment building.