𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 39.

Wakanda

"Are you sure about this?" Steve walked up to Bucky. He was sitting on some kind of bed with only his right arm.

"I can't trust my own mind. So until they figure out how to get that stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing.For everybody." Bucky replied,smiling a little but Steve couldn't help but think about what he said. He looked to the side seeing Davina at the other side of the room leaning against a wall and looking down. But he knew she could hear the conversation.

"Are you ready?" Someone random asked Bucky as he made his way over to the machine and they put him to sleep.

He just stayed looking at him for a while before he went to Davina.

"You okay?" He asked her and she nodded.

"I should probably get put in one as well." She smirked but it wasn't genuine.

Steve took a deep breath not knowing how to answer her and also not wanting to trigger her even more.

"Hey I'm Shuri! Don't worry,your friend will be just fine here." She smiled and Steve politely smiled back at her.

"Will you be able to get it out of him?" Davina suddenly asked her in a nonchalant voice.

"Yes. But it's gonna take time."

"How long would it take to get that shit out of me?" Davina demanded.

"Come and we can take a look at it." Shuri said walking away with Davina right behind her and Steve followed them.

"Sit here." Shuri motioned her.

She started to analyze her and her insides, trying to find what was wrong.

"Your transformation had to be even more painful. The soldier was being changed mentally but you... both mentally and physically. That means it would take even longer and probably be very painful." Shuris smile has dissapeared.

Davina frowned.

"Let's just let it be for now." Steve demanded with his deep voice as he reached for her hand.

Davina just shook her head but then nodded, giving up the thought of finally being put together and feeling at least a little bit normal.

T'challa suddenly walked into the room and Shuri left just as he came.
He walked to stand in front of the window looking at the big black panther statue that was outside. It was already getting dark.

Steve stood next to him. "Thank you for this."

T'challa looked at him

T'challa looked at him. "Your friend and my father,they were both victims. If I can help one of them find peace-" he started but Steve cut him off.

"You know if they find out he's here,they will come for him."

"Let them try." T'challa simply replied before gurning around,looking at Davina and back at Steve.

"You're welcome to stay for as long as you'd like." He said making Steve and Davina look at each other.

"Thank you." Steve looked back at T'challa shaking his hand.

...

The room had a beautiful view. It was dark now. Steve just got out of shower and Davina was standing in front of the large window in her towel only since she was in the shower before.

Steve just stood admiring the view but this time it wasn't the beauty od Wakanda he was admiring but Davina herself.

He walked up from behind her and wrapped his strong arms around her slowly.

She looked down at his arms and placed her hands over them.

"What's on your mind?" He gently kissed her shoulder.

"Nothing really." She replied but Steve knew she was lying.

"When we were at the base, the Zemo guy mentioned something about you killing someone you loved." He said making her frown. She released herself from his grip,turning around to look at him.

"So?" She asked coldly but got no answer from him. He was just watching her not expecting that kind of reaction.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." He was looking into her eyes and she immediately felt bad for acting cold towards him.

"I know when you're in that state of mind you don't think and you can't control what you do. Just, don't tear yourself down because of it." He added as he played with a string of her hair.

"Yeah that's exactly the problem Steve. I was thinking. I knew what I was doing,I wanted to do it." She said having no expression.

He was waiting for her to continue and she did

"When we were at Clints house I talked to Stark. He asked me about my parents and I said they died when I was little." Davina choked out as Cap was looking at her,listening carefully.

"But they didn't. I killed my parents Steve." Her face was like a stone. He had no idea if she was sad,angry or frustrated. Maybe all.

Steve took a deep breath not taking his eyes off of her.

"They weren't the best parents. Sure I got everything I wanted but the relationship just wasn't there. They didn't give two fucks about me."

"When did it happen?" He asked her.

"Few days after I have been caught, Fury locked me up and my parents came to see me. They were scared of me." She chuckled before continuing, "But who wouldn't right? I was afraid of myself too. They just kept talking about what happened and asking questions...So I stood up and in seconds their bodies were lying on the ground in a pool of blood."

Steve was breathing heavily,his chest rising and falling. And he felt bad for her because he knew deep down she regrets what she did.

"I just did it because I felt like it. I was out of my mind." She admitted looking down,avoiding eyecontact.

"Come here." He said with his husky voice wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close.

They stayed like that for a few seconds before Davina looked up at him and locked their lips together.
Their tongues were dancing in a steady rythm. Davinas hands moved to Steves face as Steve pulled on her towel making it fall to the ground.