𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 10.

"And the reason is you both would probably murder me." He joked and Steve just shook his head with a smirk not wanting to laugh at how accurate that actually was.

...

It was already midnight. Steve already went to the room but Davina just wouldn't move from the kitchen.

She sighed, standing up and walking outside to get some fresh air.
The sky was completely dark, with just a few little shinning stars. The wind was blowing gently making Davina's hair float in the air a little.

"Can't sleep?" She heard Tony's voice behind her.

"I don't have to sleep." She said still with her back turned to him.

"Oh yea, I heard Fury mention that." He said coming to stand right next to her.

"Listen, I'm sorry for being a prick before." She wasn't expecting Tony Stark to apologize. But it felt good, she had to admit.

"Don't.You were right. And that's exactly what scares me." She said now looking at him.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't wanna turn. It's scary and painful." She whispered the last words.

"I thought you couldn't feel pain."

"I don't feel pain as much as you all do. But this is different. The stuff that's inside me, just spreads. It's like something is trying to crush me from the inside." She said and he felt empathy. Empathy for the young girl that has been through a lot more than many others.

"What about your parents?" He asked.

"Dead."

"Well my parents are also dead." Tony said and they both looked at each other, understanding.

"You're not that bad you know." He gave her a little smirk making her smirk too.

"And you're not that selfish you know." She stated looking at him.

He couldn't help but make a questioning face.

"Everyone says you are but that's just a mask. You care more than anyone. I see the biggest potential in you, my powers can sense it. Don't let your ego stop it."

He smiled a little but his eyes didn't reflect his smile. As if he was still processing what she just said.

"I'm gonna go to bed and you should too, even if you don't need sleep." He said and went inside.

After a while Davina did the same.

...

She slowly opened the door, not knowing if Steve is up or asleep.

But as she was closing the door she heard his voice.

"Where were you?"

His deep voice was affecting her in many ways.

"Outside for a while. I had a talk with Tony."

"Everything's okay?" He asked and she nodded.

"Yeah." She answered and noticed something on Steves table on his side of bed. It was the thing he was holding in their flying ship.

She focused her eyes on it. It was the woman from his hallucination.

He still loves her.. she tought.

She sat on the bed next to Steve, still keeping distance between them.

"Listen about earlier.." he started but Davina interupted him.

"I don't know what I was thinking. It was a weak moment." She tried to forget about it. She's not exactly the emotional type. So that kind of stuff made her uncomfortable. But Steve somehow brought those emotions out of her.

"Well I have to say then, I like your weak moments." He said making her make eyecontact with him.

And there it was. Them looking into each others eyes, trying to read each others minds.

He leaned in,but not completely..still keeping distance between them.
They stayed like that for a second until Davina got closer to him.
She noticed him look down at her lips.
And she connected them.

The kiss was gentle but passionate.

And didn't last long.

"You should stay away from me." She breathed only a few milimeters from his lips.

His eyes softened as he gave her a little smile. Such sweet smile even her cold heart warmed up a little bit and he connected their lips again.

This time the kiss was much more dominant. He couldn't help himself and he pushed her down onto the bed,getting on top of her as her nails made it's way to his large back running her nails along it.

Their tongues battled for dominance in a steady rythm.
She moaned into the kiss making Steve grunt in response.

He slowly moved to her jaw kissing it and as he was about to move down to her neck something stopped him.

The shock collar on her neck.

He looked down at her and she dodged the eye contact. Because the collar reminded her of how much of a monster she is.

All of a sudden Steve leaned to the side of his bed and took something out from the little table.
It was the key.
He moved it to her neck waiting for it to click and it did. The collar slid off her neck as he grabbed it and placed it on the table.

She kissed him gently on the cheek as a sign of thank you and appreciation. Because he showed he wasn't afriad of her or afriad of her just snapping right after the collar is off. He trusted her just like she trusted him. And then he saw the mark from the collar. It was definitely too tight on her neck, the mark was really red. He caressed her neck gently,feeling bad for her.

He started kissing it,slowly, making her crave more.
She grabbed onto his shirt pulling him even closer.

"Hi,Sorry to inte-. Oh my god,I'm so sorry." Clints wife quickly shut the door when she saw them.

Davina growled in dissapoimment when Steve got up to open the door.

"Sorry, you need anything?" He asked her. She had that awkward expression on her face, it was embarrassing.

"I just wanted to ask if you could help tommorow with choping wood." She said and Steve nodded.

"Of course."

"Thank you." She smiled and quickly ran off.