𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 6.

"Thanks, for...stopping me back there." She let out when they finally made it up.
Steve turned to look at her. Realizing how close they stood to each other.

"Natasha told me what happened."

"Yeah I figured."

They were both staring at each other.
Davinas hearing focused on his heartbeat.Beating a bit stronger.

His hand reached for her face. Gently placing his palm against her cheek,not to freak her out.
But she just kept the eye contact with him.

He was just waiting for her to react somehow. And she did. She slowly put her left hand on top of his. Her hand being a little colder than his warm one.

As she did so he slowly leaned in closing his eyes as she did the same and their lips locked. They're lips were slowly moving in sync. Their breathing quickened and after a little while they gently separated.
They were still standing close to each other. Looking into each others eyes.

She don't know why she let that happen. But there is something about him that completely drowns her in. Maybe it's the depth behind his blue eyes that hide a bit of green in them.
He is just something solid to lean against. Something that makes her feel secure. And he looked at her like there was something in her worth looking at.

He licked his lips and took a step back. He definitely wasn't expecting her to be so calm. Probably thought she would rip his heart out by now.

"I should go change." She changed the subject making Steve look down with a smile on his face as she dissapeared in the hallway.

The next day
At the Stark tower

Davina was waiting for Steve as he went to have a talk with Agent Hill. They didn't talk about the kiss at all. Probably both decided it will be better to act like nothing happened.

When he came back in his hands was a small black screen tablet, he signalized Davina to follow him up to Tony's lab where all the others were.

"Barton." Steve spotted Clint talking on the phone.

"Might have something. Who's that?"

"Girlfriend." Clint simply answered, ended the call and followed you. Steve decided to not get into his bussines and ask more about the girlfriend.

As they came into the lab Steve placed the tablet into Thor's hands.

"What's this?" Tony asked coming closer to take a look.

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker." Steve answered.

Davina already knew who Strucker was just like she knows about the twins. The Avengers already filled her in. She went to stand next to Thor to see. There was dead Strucker on a bed and on the wall was in blood written the word peace.

"And he did a banksy at the crime scene. Just for us." Tony sarcastically joked.

"This is a smoke screen. Why send the message when you've just given a speech." Natasha joined the conversation.

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted you to miss." Davina spoke in a nonchalant tone.

"Yap. Everything we've had on Strucker has been erased." The Widow confirmed as she looked through the computer.

"Not everything." Tony took out some boxes filled with files and everyone started looking through them.

"Seems like Strucker had a lot of friends." Steve stated going through two boxes at the same time.

"Well these people are all horrible." Bruce said going through some papers that caught Tony's attention.

"Wait. I know that guy." He took it from him.

"Back in the day he operates off the African coast black market arms." He stated and Davina noticed Steve giving him a death stare. It's crazy how intense and intimidating his stare could be.

"There are conventions and meet people, I didn't sell him anything. He was talking about finding something new a game-changer." Tony said defensively.

"This." Thor pointed at the picture and at the guys neck.

"A tattoo, I don't think he had it-" Tony started but Thor cut him off.

"Those are tattoos...this is a brand."

Davina took the photo from him to take a better look and then handed it to Steve who was also trying to peek.

"Oh yeah it's a word in an African dialect, meaning thief, in a much less friendly way." Bruce was quick to search about it.

"What dialect?" Steve asked.

"Wakanada wa-wa-...Wakanda."

Tony and Steve looked at each other.

"If this guy got out of Wakanda or some of their trade goods-"

"I thought your father said he got the last of it." Steve frowned trying to process the situation.

"I don't follow. What comes out of Wakanda?" Bruce asked completely unaware.

"The strongest metal on earth." Tony said and everyones eyes focused on Caps shield.

Steve turned back to look at Tony.

"Where is this guy now?"

On board of the flying ship:

Everyone was already prepared. They had their suits on and earpieces in.

Davina was adjusting her new all black suit. It was a bit tight around her boobs as she tried to adjust it. She could feel someone staring at her. It was Steve,hypnotising her body for a second but she decided to act as if she didn't notice him doing so.

 It was Steve,hypnotising her body for a second but she decided to act as if she didn't notice him doing so

"We will be landing in a few minutes. Away from the objective." Steve stood up to give the orders. It was obvious he was the leader when it came to this.
A true Captain,of course.

"Bruce you will stay here. We will let you know if we need you. Davina," he looked at her, "No energy powers. Only speed and strength is allowed. Also we have to keep the twins alive."

Davina rolled her eyes but subordinated. She has heard that sentance in the past 2 weeks way too many times.

"The plan of attack will be mostly spontaneous. We don't know what to expect. Now let's go."