𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 9.

They landed on a large meadow. There was a big house in the distance where Clint was leading them.

He had to help Natasha walk since she was still a bit weak.

"None of this would happen If you'd let me kill the twins." Davina scoffed. She was bitterly walking behind everyone.

"We can't. They're just confused." Tony said looking around the meadow.

"What do you mean confused? What are you even waiting for? They're with Ultron! They're helping him."

"They will realize his plan one day."

"They're dangerous."

"You are the most dangerous one here. And you wanna know what I'm waiting for? For you to turn psycho and kill all of us including half the population!"

"Tony." Steve spoke up. "Enough."

Davina wanted to boil with anger. And even though Tony's words pissed her off she knew he was right.

They all kept walking but Steve stopped to wait for Davina.

As she passed he started walking again as they all made their way inside the house.

"Honey, I'm home!" Clint called out.

They all stood in the kitchen when a pregnant lady appeared.

"Hi, I brought company

"Hi, I brought company. I'm sorry I didn't call ahead."

"Hey." She walked up to him and kissed him.

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony stated not believing what is happening.

"This is Laura." Clint hooked an arm around her and she smiled.

"I know all of your names." She laughed a little but then her eyes locked with Davina's.

"Oh, that's Davina. Our newest." Clint introduced her. Laura gave her a friendly smile but Davina stayed unimpressed and dodged the eyecontact.

"Behave." Thor whispered.

There were heard loud bangs coming from the stairs as a little boy and a little girl appeared in the kitchen with them.

"Dad." The little girl threw herself at Clint. He picked her up and the boy hugged him too.

Davina noticed Steve's confused expression.

"These are..smaller agents." Tony pointed out, now truly believing it's all real.

"Did you bring aunty Nat?" The little girl asked and Natasha seemed to come to life right away.

"Why don't you come hug her and find out." She squealed picking Clint's daugher up.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve apologized for all of them.

"Yeah we would call ahead but we were too busy having no idea that you existed." Tony joked looking at Laura.

"Yeah, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. The house is out of S.H.I.E.L.D.S files and I'd like to keep it that way. I figured it's a good place to lay low."

Davina and Steve overheard something crack. They looked down seeing Thor has smashed the built lego.

He started swiping it away as if nothing happened lifting Davina's mood a little as she smirked shaking her head in disbelief.

Suddenly Clint's daugher came to stand in front of Davina,looking up at her and Davina froze.

She had no idea how to deal with kids and was way too scared even a single touch would kill the little girl.

Steve smiled at her and then at Davina, making her loosen up a bit.

Out of nowhere Thor started to leave, Steve followed him and Davina went right after them.

"Thor." Steve called out.

"I saw something in that dream,I need answers. I won't find them here." He spinned his hammer and dissapeared into the sky.

After some while Steve was about to walk back in but hesitated. Davina was waiting for what he was about to do but he turned back, going somewhere so Davina followed him.

"Where are you off to?" She asked after a while and he stopped.

He turned to face her.

"Is something wrong?" In a neutral voice.

"That's what I should be asking you." She demanded and he sighed,looking at the ground not saying anything so she continued,

"Can't stop thinking about it?" She askes not trying to worsen his mood.

"The hallucination." She added.

"Pretty much." He agreed looking into her eyes again.

"The woman-" but Steve cut her off.

"How do you know..?" He was obviously confused.

"I was in your hallucination."

"What? How?"

"I know I'm not allowed to use my powers but I was curious what her mind control did. So I got into your head by using mine." She admitted and Steve just stayed looking at her,processing what she just said for a few seconds in silence.

"Go inside, I'll come back." He turned to leave but Davina's next words made him look back.

"I'll stay outside."

"For some reason you're the only person I feel comfortable around." She added. It was unusual for her to act like this. It wasn't the locked up Davina talking but the free one.
And it was true, Steve was the only one she felt comfortable around, even safe. Even if she was much stronger then him.

Steve's eyes softened and his heart started to beat faster. He made a small nod. He was glad she felt that way because for some unknown reason, next to her, he felt at peace too.

"I'll be back in a second."

...
The evening

Davina,Tony,Steve,Clint and Laura were all in the kitchen. They already took showers and now they went to eat. Natasha and Bruce were still upstairs and Clint's kids were already sleeping.

"Some of you will have to share the rooms. Natasha and Dr. Banner already took one. There is one room with a large bed and one with a single bed." Laura said placing the plates on the table. Steve and Tony reached for them to start eating but when Steve noticed Davina didn't reach for her's he did it for her,dragging it across the table and placing it in front of her.

"Eat." He said and Davina didn't protest. Truth was she was really hungry just like the others, but the feeling inside of her chest, as if she didn't belong or deserve kindness from anyone made her not wanna eat it in the first place.

"Well I'm not sharing a room with any of you two." Tony complained.