𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 36.

Meanwhile

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asked from behind Steve. They were both still in the quinjet.

Steve stayed quiet for a few seconds. He looked down,sighing. "Whatever it is,I'll deal with it."

"I don't know if I'm worth all this to you."

"What you did all those years,wasn't you.You didn't have a choice." Cap reassured him.

"I know. But I did it."

Buckys words seemed just way too similiar to Davinas.

...
After some time they finally arrived at the base. Bucky took out a gun and Cap grabbed his shield. They were standing in the quinjet waiting for the door to open.

"You remember that time we had to ride by from Rackaweye beach in the back of that freezer truck?"

"Wasn't that the time you used our train money to buy hotdogs?" Bucky smirked.

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuff bear for a redhead." Steve hit back making Bucky chuckle.

"What was her name again?"

"Dolores. You called her Dot."

"She's gotta be like hundred years old right now." Bucky shook his head.

"So are we pal." Steve said placing his hand on Buckys arm before they stepped out of the quinjet.

They stood before the entrence,everywhere around them was snow and fogg.

"He cannot be here more than three hours. " Cap stated.

"Long enough to wake them up.."

They entered the base and by an elevator got to the lowest floor.

They walked through a long hallway. The base seemed quiet but they both became alarmed when they heard some loud banging.

"Ready? Cap looked at Bucky.

"Yeah."

They were ready to take on anything that would appear. The door of an elevator started to open, someone was opening them with their own hands,but when Cap realised it was Tony he lowered the shield.

"You seem a little defensive." Tony said to him as they were both walking towards each other.

"It's been a long day." Cap stated and Tony knew what he was referring to.

"Easy soldier,I'm not currently after you." Tony called out to Bucky when he saw he still had his gun pointed at him.

"Then why are you here?" Steve asked him.

"Maybe your story's not so crazy.Maybe. Ross has no idea i'm here I'd like to keep it that way.Otherwise I'd have to arrest myself."

"Sounds like a lot of paperwork." Cap nagged making Tony chuckle a little.

"It's good to see you Tony."

,,You too Cap." Tony replied and looked up at Bucky sighing.

"Hey pioneer!You're killing me! There's a truce here you can drop it."

Steve gestured to Bucky to drop the gun and he finally did.

"Sam told be about the purpose of the creation of Davina so I had to come." Tony said and Cap nodded in understatement before all three of them continued walking down the hallway.

They walked into some hall.

"We've got heat tracks." Tony notified looking at Cap.

"How many?"

"Uhh...one." They noticed all the frozen bodies.

"If it makes you happy,they died in their sleep." An unknown voice spoke.

They started looking around,walking towards the bodies.

"Did you really think I wanted more of you?"

"What the hell.." Bucky cursed trying to find out where the voice was coming from.

"I'm grateful for them though. They brought you here." Suddenly the lights lit up on one side revealing the man sitting behind thick glass.

Cap reflexively threw his shield at it but it just flew back to him without doing any harm to the glass.

"Please Captain. The Soviets built this chamber to withstand a launch blast of atomic bomb explosions."

"I bet I could beat that!" Tony called out.

"Oh I'm sure you could Mr.Stark.Given time, but then you'd never know why you came."

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" Cap walked towards the chamber he was hiding in,stopping right in front of it.

"I thought about nothing else,for over a year. I studied you. I followed you, but now that you're standing here I just realized,there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes." The man replied.

"You're Sokovian.Is that what this is about?"

,,Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell.No.I'm here because I made a promise."

Cap nodded, "You lost someone."

"I lost everyone. And so will you."

The man turned around turning on a little screen that was between Cap Tony and Bucky.

"My actual plan was Ms. Hale. I was hoping you'd bring her here. To me. Just so she could later realize.. she yet killed another person she loved." His eyes pierced through Cap.

Cap frowned,exhaling through his nose heavily not understanding what the man was actually referring.

The video on the screen started playing.

Tony started to breath heavier.

"I know that road." He managed to get out. "What is this?!" He shouted at the man but he didn't reply.

The recording showed a video of a car crush and a man on a motorcycle.
The man made his way towards the car. A man was crawling out of it but the other man took a hold of him. It was Bucky and Tony's father. Bucky hit him in the face with his metal arm over and over again, making the him fall to the ground.

Then Bucky picked him up placing him back into the car before making his way over to the other side of the car,reaching with his hand inside and choking Tonys mother to death.

Tony was out of words,watching the screen with glass eyes.

Cap was looking at him with sorrow,feeling bad while Bucky avoided eye contact at all costs.

Tony was about to launch at Bucky.

"No Tony." But Cap grabbed him.

Tony looked back at Cap. ,,Did you know?

"I didn't know it was him."

"Don't bullshit me Rogers! Did.You. know?"

"Yes." Cap answered honestly after a few seconds.

Tony looked back at the screen with his eyes full of tears as he tried to hold them back and suddenly launched at Cap,hitting him, making him fall to the ground.