𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 3.

It surprised her how direct he was. Her eyes met his. She was thinking about it for a while. Not knowing if it's a good idea or not. No one except Fury knows her story. As she was looking at Steve she saw the man the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D were always talking about. The brave,honest and fair one. The one that would give his life to safe all the others. The one who never gave up.

That made her a little more comfortable. Even if she hated to admit it.

She broke the eye contact looking at the view again. His eyes didn't leave her though.

"I was only sixteen.Walking through the streets at night,on my way home.
I was listening to music so I wasn't really paying attention to anything around me. All of a sudden I felt a stab in my neck they injected me to send me to sleep." As she was speaking her eyes locked on a woman walking down the street as if she was looking out for her and continued to talk.

"They heard about the improved so they wanted to experiment with it.
They tied me up with chains against a table. I was awake already so I saw,heard and felt everything. They were injecting me with so many injections. I remember my body and mind burning. I didn't scream though,probably from the shock. After they were done they were beating me and stabbing me,"
She stopped for a second. Taking a few breaths to be able to continue talking.

Steve was looking at her with empathy noticing her catching a breath and as he was about to tell her to stop she started speaking again.

"They did it over and over again. Injecting,beating,stabbing.Until I couldn't feel pain anymore turning it into power, and until my wounds healed up on it's own. That's what they wanted to achieve. I can't feel physical pain much and my wounds heal quick. A blessing in a curse.That was happening for a whole year.But they didn't realise that what they were doing to my body they were doing to my mind too. The anger in my mind was gathering and gathering from the injections. That was when my eyes turned red... I remember everything. Ripping down the chains, standing up and in an incredible speed catching them with my bare hands." She looked at Steve and her eyes softened when she saw his concerned expression she wasn't expecting.

"I started ripping them apart with my hands only. I couldn't stop. It felt good. It always does." She looked at her hands and her voice hardened.

"That was when I first lost control. I killed many people that day. In a brutal way. And I knew what I was doing. I wasn't really using my mind powers. I didn't know how. Maybe I was doing something but,but I don't really know what. Then after I got my control back I ran away and Fury found me,locking me up. I wasn't really mad about it I felt like that's were I belonged. Now I'm fucking out." She laughed sarcastically.

"Fury made a mistake putting me here."

"The horror you have committed is not who you are." Steve tried making the situation better not wanting her to lose it. But he felt pain. Her pain. And it was strong.

"It is. Look at your friend, Bruce. It's him and Hulk and this is me and me. He does not know what's happening when he is changed. I know everything. I can't control it but I know what I'm doing. Like some wild fucking animal. I'm strong,fast,have powers I don't get tired I have no temperature, great hearing. They tried making a monster out of me." Her fists were pressed tightly but when she felt Steves hand on her shoulder, she let go.

"You're not an animal. And you are not a monster. Don't let it consume you. We will help you I promise." He said taking his hand off her.

"You can't protect everyone." She spoke.

"I have to try."

"You want to save everyone but who's gonna save you?" She didn't let it go and made the conversation go silent.
But she knew she couldn't really make Captain America think differently. He was way to ambitious and also a bit stubborn to let that happen.

They were looking at each other again. And that's when in the depth of her mind she realised, that the world doesn't really deserve someone like him and shouldn't have someone like her.

"I'm going back inside." She stood up and left. Laying down on the couch with her eyes wide open and in a few minutes she could hear Steve come in and head to his bedroom.

...

"I designed Davinas suit and Natasha picked her clothes and everything else she is gonna need for everyday life.You can go change into something." Tony pointed at a really large box that was on the ground, signalizing.

Davina left Bruce and Steve to talk to Tony and the others as she made her way over to the box picking it up and carrying it to the empty hallway.

When she opened it, it suprised her how much stuff was in it. From hygienic stuff to sets of makeup to sets of underwear multiple outfits and her suit. Most of it being really revealing and sexy. But she didn't mind. She always loved to show of her body through extravagant clothes.

She picked some little dress with high boots with heels put on some makeup and walked back with the box.

"Well

"Well. Look at you." Tony muttered checking Davina out as all of them turned their heads to look at her. She noticed Thor's flirty smile and Steve's eyes moving up and down her body,as if he froze in that motion.

"What's up Captain, cat's got your tongue?" Tony joked and Steve's eyes met hers, slightly annoyed from Tony's Tony's childlish bickering he respectfully turned his eyes away from you.

"Talk about teenagers..." She heard Natasha laugh.