𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 27.

"When I came out of the ice, thought everyone I had known was gone. Then I found out she was alive...I was just lucky I had her." Steve told Natasha. The church was already empty, only he stayed behind not expecting Natasha to come.

"She was lucky to have you back too." Natasha smiled.

"Who all signed?" He asked her.

"Tony,Rhodey,Vision."

"Clint?"

"Says he's retired."

"What about Wanda and Davina?"

"Wanda still doesn't know and I don't think Davina's going to sign." She grinned a little. "I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the accords, there's plenty of room on the jet."

But Steve just sighed not looking at her so she continued, "Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important then how we stay together." She took a step closer trying to speak into his soul.

"I'm sorry Nat, I can't sign it." He shook his head.

"I know."

"Well then what are you doing here?"

"I didn't want you to be alone." She replied before stepping closer and hugging him.

"Davina's also here. She's with Sam.Where will you go now?" She asked him after their hug ended.

"I have some plans." He said looking around.

...
Two hours later:

"Davina." Sams voice got her out the trance. She has been hypnotizing the floor for almost 20 minutes.

"Go get Steve,right now." He seemed taken back, like it was something serious, so she unwillingly got up and started searching for him. The building was big so she had to ask a few people if they haven't seen him until she heard his voice.

She followed his voice that lead her to some hall as she saw him and some woman talking until they weren't. They were staring into each others eyes for a second and just as the woman was about to lean towards his face Davina spoke up.

"Captain."

He took a step back from the woman looking at Davina,confused

"Something important." She coldly said and headed back not really waiting for him to walk with her but he followed her along with the woman.

...

"A bomb hidden in the news van destroyed the USN building in Vienna, more than 70 people have been injured, at least 12 are dead including the Wakandas King T'chaka. Officers released a video of the suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes,The Winter Soldier, the infamous Hydra agent linked to rumours with terrorism and political assassinations."

"I have to go to work." The woman stated while looking at the news and left.

"We gotta go." Steve said and left as Davina and Sam followed him outside.

...

They were near the crime scene, watching from a far.Sam was inside a coffe shop and Davina was outside with Steve who was calling Natasha.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah,I guess I got lucky. Listen...I know how much does Barnes mean to you, I really do, stay home. You'll only make this worse,for all of us." She ordered him but Steve just sighed.

"You're saying you'll arrest me?"

"No. Someone will. If you interfere that's how it works now."

Steve scoffed, "If he's this far gone Nat, I should be the one to bring him in."

"Why?"

"Cause I'm the one least likely to die trying." He said before ending the call and making his way to the coffe shop.

"You know that's me right?" Davina followed him.

"It's gonna be me and that's it." Steve stood his ground.

"Are you even listening to yourself? Send me." She stopped him by stopping in front of him.

"He's kind of like you, gets out of control when he's in the wrong hands. If they got their hands on you it'd be much worse, because then not even ten of me would be able to stop you." He said looking into her eyes.

For a few seconds she didn't say anything...

"Then at least let me help you."

She was looking back at him as his eyes softened and he smiled a little before taking her face into his large hands.

He leaned in for a kiss. Their tongues interwined as she placed her hands against his hard torso and after a while their lips separated.

"Let's go." He went inside heading to Sam with Davina right behind him.

"She told you to stay out of it? She might have a point." Sam asked Cap as they approached him. They were at the bar.

"He would do it for me too." Cap sealed it.

"In 1945 maybe. I just wanna make sure we consider all our options. People that shoot at you usually start shooting at me." Sam grinned.

All of a sudden the woman appeared again, she leaned against the bar right next to Davina,sliding some files in front of her. Davina handed it to Steve.

"My boss expects a briefing, pretty much now so that's all the lead you're gonna get."

"Thank you." Steve looked at her.

"You're gonna have to hurry, we have orders to shoot on sight and not all of you is bulletproof." She looked at Davina before leaving.

"Who the fuck even is that?" Davina looked at Sam and Steve but only Sam answered, "Agent Sharon Carter. Loves giving Cap heart eyes." He nagged jokingly but Steve just shook his head at the statement as suddenly his phone buzzed.

"I know where he is."