Chapter (8): Under Arrest

Start from the beginning

"Why?"

"I wanna go there, maybe she has dresses in the company's wardrobe or something. We could take a look. It won't do anyone any harm, right? Right."

"I don't think she would approve."

"I can convince her."

"Eva... sometimes you scare me." Madeline laughed softly while getting inside the car.

Eva chuckled turning the car engine on and taking off. An hour later, they arrived and went to the fifth floor. The elevator door opened and Madeline noticed that her old desk was still empty but Emily was on the next one as usual.

"Hey, Em." said Eva.

"Hello and what are you guys doing here?"

"This is my wedding invitation and you are a bridesmaid."

She gasped. "You're getting married?!"

"Yes! In two weeks!"

"Oh my god! Congratulations!" She went up and threw her arms around her laughing with Eva.

Wren from inside her office, heard the noise outside so, she opened the door and smiled when she saw Madeline laughing at Eva and Emily while they were acting and giggling loudly like girls in high school. She leaned against the door frame, crossing her arms and finally her eyes met Madeline's. They smiled at each other and Madeline excused herself and walked over to Wren, giving her the megawatt smile.

"Hey, you." said Wren smirking and putting her hands behind her back.

"Hey."

She closed the gap between them in a slow tender kiss then she pulled away because they were still at a work place.

"What's this all about?" She pointed with her head at Emily and Eva as they were talking.

"Eva inviting her guests and claiming her bridesmaids."

"Oh then what are you doing here?" She wrapped her arms around her.

"Being a maid of honor... I guess." They both chuckled.

"Hey Wren?" said Eva getting her attention.

"Yep?"

"I need a favor from you."

"Shoot."

"Can I take Emily and rummage through the company's wardrobe?"

"Uh..."

"Perfect, thank you. You are the best!" She hugged her tightly and Wren chuckled nervously patting her back awkwardly.

Eva pulled away from her and took Emily's hand. Wren turned to Madeline with her eyebrows knitted in confusion. "What just happened?"

"She's just being Eva."

"One more thing!" said Eva coming back again and Wren smiled at her.

"Yeah?"

"How would you feel if I named one of my babies after you?"

"Well, umm-"

"See? I knew you'd approve. Told you, Maddie! Love you, Wren!"

Madeline laughed at Wren facial expression as her brows knitted deeper in confusion and pointed her index finger at Eva with her lips slightly opened.

"Wh- Huh? What's going on today? What's with the baby thing? Is she already pregnant?"

Madeline continued laughing and took Wren's hand guiding her inside office and closing the door behind them.

"She wants to name her future babies after us, that's all. I tried to tell you last night but you fell asleep like a baby under my hands." She cupped her cheeks and gave her a peck.