Alec instinctively wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. "From now on, we are calling the shots." Alec said serious. "Don't ever threaten my family again, and that includes Anabella too." Alec said glaring at Aldertree, and Anna put an hand on his chest so he can keep his cool. "Now if you don't mind, I need these Shadowhunters to go and find Clary" Alec said and Aldertree nodded.

"Do as he says." Aldertree said and the Shadowhunters left.

Alec gave Aldertree a pat on his shoulder and smirked, then he walked away a bit.

"See? It's wasn't that hard to let the leadership go, but this time you didn't need to fight somebody for it. Remember what I told you 8 years ago? Know your place Victor, because next time I won't hesitate." Anna said glaring at him and then she walked to Alec with a smirk.

"Everything alright?" Alec asked.

"Amazing. Now Great Leader, what should we do now?" Anna asked as she fixed Alec's shirt colar.

Alec smirked at Anna's gesture but then they heard the alarm goes off. 

"I thought the wards were untied" Aldertree said.

"How many shadowhunters are here?" Alec asked.

"Only two dozens. Everyone else is out at that downworlders attacks." Aldertree informed.

"We will take the enter from the front." Alec informed.

"We will take the weapons room." Aldertree said and walked away.

"Seems that the fun will begin soon." Anna said and prepared her daggers and Alec prepared his bow and arrows.

"Valentine's work?" Alec asked walking with her and everybody.

"Only one way to find out." Anna said smirking and they got at the principal enter. There comes out a little girl. Anna looked confused at her but lowered her daggers. "Hold your fire." Anna demanded and the others obeyed.

"What's a little girl doing here all alone?" A man asked the question everybody thought about.

"She is a warlock." Alec said and Anna took his hand. They started to walk close to the little girl, while putting their weapons away. "Madzie?" Alec asked and Anna got shocked. The little girl in front of her is the girl Iris and Clary were talking about. "Did you....?" Alec asked but then Madie did something that shocked both of them. She threw them in an elevator and closed the doors.

"Hold your fire!" Alec yelled to the ones that were still in the hallway. "She's just a kid." 

Anna and Alec started to hear groans and screams of pain from the other side, and they tried to pray the doors open but they couldn't, soon there was pure silence. Anna looked at Alec and he had the same expression as her. They knew what was happening.

"How is my little favorite warlock?" They heard a voice talking and Anna knew who it was. The man that was responsible for her parents' death. The man that hunting her n her darkness nightmares.

"You did a great job, Madzie. Nana would be proud, but you have to do more things to get to see her." Valentine said to the little girl and Anna felt her blood boiling. Soon they heard steps fading away and they knew that they were alone.

"Step aside." Anna demanded and Alec looked at her confused. "Don't ask, just do it." Anna said and Alec stepped behind her.

Anna waved her hands and purple dust started to appear, soon purple dust framed the elevator door. Anna then clenched her fists and pulled them away from each other, this way making a big hole. She then turned around and saw a shocked Alec.