Chapter (6): A Heart Confession

Start from the beginning

"I know! I know! I'm sorry but I just wanted to tell you. I mean... we both wanted to tell you the latest news" said Eva gazing at Paul as he smiled at her and kissed her cheek.

"So?" asked Madeline looking at both of them, waiting for the news.

"We are getting married!" They both said and Wren and Madeline's eyes went wide and their jaws dropped.

"Oh my god, Eva! Congratulations!" Madeline got up from her seat and ran to her friend, giving her a tight hug while Wren went to Paul and gave him a quick hug and a pat on the shoulder congratulating him.

"When did this happen?"

"Last night." said Paul, smiling widely. "I proposed to Eva last night and the wedding will be..."

"In two weeks!" said Eva interrupting her fiancé.

"Wow!" said Wren. "That's, uh... early to get married?"

Eva and Paul laughed. "Actually, it's not. I've been with Eva for 3 years and that's enough time for us and now is the time to finally tie the knot."

"Yeah." Eva smiled at Paul and held his hand before turning her gaze on her friends. "Needless to say you two are invited, Emily, Dave, Monique, Elise... and your family. Madeline... finally the part I was waiting for... would you do me the honor to be my maid of honor?"

Madeline chuckled with surprise and nodded a few times. "Yes!"

"Yes!"

Wren and Paul laughed at them when they hugged and squealed like teenage girls.

"This is the best scene I've ever seen. You sure you two aren't lesbians?" said Wren smirking at both of them and they both rolled their eyes while Paul laughed.

"Shut up, Wren." said Eva slapping her shoulder playfully. "Don't tell me you are scared that I'm gonna take back my girl."

"Uh, she is mine now." Wren stood up and hooked an arm around Madeline's waist, pulling her closer and stuck her tongue at Eva who gasped and tried to pull Madeline while she laughed at both their actions.

"Guys, come on," said Paul, laughing. "we're all lesbians here, so sit down."

They went back to the table and ordered themselves drinks, while they were being prepared, Wren thought about something to offer for Eva and Paul.

"Where do you want the wedding to take place? I know some people who can help you with the place and the decorations and the wedding and so on."

"Really? That would be great. Thanks, Wren!" said Paul.

"Yeah, can you do that?" asked Eva.

"Only if you want to. I also know a nice boutique for nice dresses."

"Wren... you are teasing me" said Eva whining.

"I'm not teasing you, I'm helping you" She chuckled. "I'll text you their number."

"Thanks."

Wren got a text from Dave, saying that he wants to meet her to go over some plan to surprise Emily with his return.

"Hey," she said to Madeline. "I've to go and see Dave. Will you be okay here with them?"

"Yeah" She nodded with a smile and Wren gave her a kiss before she stood up and waved her goodbye to the others.

.............................................

"Come on, Dave we've been here for 15 minutes and you still didn't pick one." She leaned against the wall with her arms crossed while he was inspecting the various types of flowers and he looked lost and clueless.