Chapter (1): Where Art Thou Wren?

In Mirabel, where everyone is working hard, employees rushing back and forth from one office to the other and replying the phone calls, busy scanning the documents.

In the fifth floor where was the most important person, the head master of the company, the climber of success, the boss, the Alpha of the pack.

Emily was walking to her boss's office with her heels clicking against the porcelain tiles that echoed through the fifth floor. She was checking the files in her hands and composed herself before knocking on the door three times and letting herself enter with her eyes fixed on the papers in her grasp.

"Hey, Wren... I need you to look ov-"

Her eyes scanned Wren's office but it was abandoned.

"Wren!" She looked around her again as she stepped into the office and laid the files on the desk, to pull out her phone, dialing her.

.............................................

In a room filled with sun light peeking its way through the window's blinds that were opened, letting the ray of the sun shimmer their skins as they were sleeping soundlessly. Wren was holding Madeline close to her body while Madeline was holding the arm that was covering her waist.

Wren's phone rang beside her on the bedside table and she frowned because of the sound that disturbed her peaceful sleep with her lover. She took back her hand that was holding Madeline and rubbed her eyes then turned her body to the phone. She grabbed it, raised her body a little with her elbow and squinted her eyes at the caller's ID and when she found it was Emily she hung up on her and held the phone in her hand. She felt a soft hand land on her shoulder from behind and she smiled at that graceful touch.

"Who is calling?" asked Madeline steading herself on the bed and looking at Wren.

"It's Emily."

The phone rang again and Wren did the same thing. She hung up on her again without second thinking.

"Are you gonna keep ignoring her?" asked Madeline and Wren looked over her shoulder at her with a small smile.

"Yeah. I'm sure it's not important anyway."

Madeline kissed her shoulder and sighed, putting her head back on the pillow while Wren placed the phone back and joined Madeline, giving her a proper good morning kiss.

Madeline circled an arm around Wren's neck and pulled her down to kiss her fully on the lips and Wren's hand went to the back of her head while moving her lips against Madeline's, making her moan slowly. Wren broke the kiss and her eyes were glistening at Madeline's, lingering at them.

"Morning." said Wren as Madeline stroked the back of her hair.

"Morning."

Wren gave her a peck then rolled over to the side and landed a hand on Madeline's waist.

"When are we gonna tell them that we are back together?" asked Madeline rolling over to her side to face Wren and scooting closer.

"Mmm... soon?"

She chuckled. "Are you asking or telling?"

"I'm just not ready yet to share you with everyone." She smiled at her. "If Eva knew, she would take you away from me and if Emily and Monique knew, it will be a whole case to investigate about."

Madeline chuckled softly. "I couldn't agree more, but we have to tell them or they will figure out by themselves and by then they wouldn't leave us alone till they get what they want. Like the whole truth."

"Just not yet." said Wren leaning in and capturing Madeline's lips in hers for a deep kiss.

*Two Nights Ago*

The same night after Sarah's gala, in the company right after the love confession, Wren went to Madeline's house and helped her pack her bag so that they could go to the Orabelle at Wren's beach house to spend some time together away from everything.

"I think that's all... I'm ready." said Madeline zipping her bag and turning her attention to Wren who gave her a warm smile and cupped her face, giving her a soft kiss on the lips.

"Let's go." she said softly and her breath brushed Madeline's lips

They went downstairs and Madeline put her bag and got in the passenger's seat and Wren took off her burgundy vest and threw it at the backseat then turned on the ignition, taking off with Madeline to the beach house.

Madeline was holding Wren's hand the whole way and when they arrived at the house, the first thing that Wren did was making love to Madeline all night, the love of her life.

................................................

Back in the company, Emily knitted her eyebrows and shrugged her shoulders then headed to Eleanor's office with the same file of papers. She knocked on the door and entered, finding Eleanor smiling while talking on the phone, probably to Henry.

"Okay, hon... I'll take with you later. Love you." She hung up and folded her hands on the desk as Emily came and handed her the files.

"Those files need to be revised."

"Alright." she said as she flipped through them quickly. "Hmm... Give them to Wren."

"Uh, she isn't in her office."

"What?"

"That's why I'm giving them to you."

Eleanor placed a hand on her forehead rubbing it as she sighed. "Where is she then? Did you call her?"

"I did call her twice on her cell phone and tried calling her at home but still..." She sighed. "No answer." She fidgeted in her place a little. "I'm starting to think that her disappearance has something to with Madeline."

"What do you mean? What does Madeline have to do with her disappearance?"

"Okay," She took a deep breath before speaking. "two nights ago we were at the fashion show of Sarah Sparks and Madeline was there and they kind of ran into each other because Madeline is Sarah's personal assistant and also helps her in the designing, so Wren accidently saw her and... she took off afterwards."

"Oh god." Eleanor covered her face and then looked at Emily again. "Do you think she is drinking again?"

Emily shook her head slowly. "... I don't think so, but the real question is where is she?"