Chapter Forty-eight

space

spās

position at a distance from one another.

"If that's what you want, I'll give you your time."

Soojin's mother kept Shuhua updated. The young actress was on her way to the hospital, she couldn't visit for the last two days since Soojin's father was keeping an eye on her and Soojin's mother just informed her that her husband isn't at the hospital at the moment.

It was Shuhua's chance to have a talk with Soojin. 'Just be honest to her and to yourself.' that was what Minnie advised to her.

"Breath Shuhua breath." parking her car she gripped the steering the wheel.

Entering the hospital, the hallways were quiet and the place wasn't busy. The company had already released an official statement regarding Soojin being admitted to the hospital.

While Shuhua was still clearing up the rumors about her and Elkie. She found it ridiculous as she and Elkie treat each other as sisters but the perception of everyone will always not be the same.

She knocked on the door, feeling nervous. She was welcomed by Soojin's mother who was smiling at her. "She's currently asleep right now but you can stay here today, my husband is going to visit tomorrow so you can have this day. I'll be outside for now." Shuhua couldn't help but hug Soojin's mother.

"I know that you love Soojin, explain to her. Her emotions are piled up because she's pregnant." Shuhua couldn't open her mouth. Soojin never told her that or maybe it was her who didn't listened to the older.

She can feel the guilt crawling up to her. "Go inside now."

Shuhua has been staring at Soojin's sleeping state while gently caressing Soojin's hand. A tear rolled down on her cheek, looking down she let her tears fall.

She felt a hand on her cheek gently. Soojin gently wiped Shuhua's tears away. "I should be the one crying." Soojin let out a small laugh with her weak voice. "That day when you didn't come home because of the late night shooting of your drama, you said that you'll join me for dinner but you didn't came. I was about to tell you the great news but you weren't there." Soojin softly said as Shuhua look up to her.

"We are having an addition to our life." Shuhua felt bad that she didn't give Soojin attention when she needed it the most. "Elkie and I are friends and I ask her for some help about something. I learned how to cook because she recommended me someone that can help me learn how to cook. I know these past months I've been out most of the time. I feel so bad that I'm your girlfriend yet I didn't notice anything." Shuhua muttered.

Soojin was just listening to every word that the younger is saying. "About what happened two days ago, it wasn't true." Shuhua was contemplating whether to tell Soojin about the ring or not when Soojin spoke up. "I know, I believe you and I will always trust you." Shuhua kissed the back of Soojin's hand.

"But I can't avoid the feeling of pain, and it pains me that we are supposed to be here having our time together yet this happened. I trust you yes I trust you but Shuhua I'm also hurting." Shuhua understands what the older one is feeling.

"Give me some time to think, I'm not breaking up on you. I love you so much that it'll break me if I parted ways with you." Even though Soojin already said it that she wasn't breaking up with her but it's breaking her into pieces. She's supposed to protest but she can't push Soojin knowing that there is a life inside of her girlfriend.

She doesn't want to harm Soojin and their baby. Shuhua gave her a small smile. "If that's what you want, I'll give you your time."

"But let me stay here with you today." she added. Soojin let Shuhua stay, she noticed the bruise on Shuhua's jaw, touching it lightly. "Did you put some ice pack on it already?" she asks worried.

Shuhua shook her head. "When you get home, put some." Shuhua was glad that Soojin didn't treat her differently.

The two weren't talking at all, they stayed silent all the time but Shuhua didn't mind the deafening silence yet she enjoyed. Just being with Soojin is enough and knowing that Soojin is alright is what she all needed to know.

Her head on Soojin's hand she fell asleep as she hadn't sleep that much. The shooting was postponed and with the help of her manager her schedules were free for the rest of the week.

Soojin stared at Shuhua who was sleeping peacefully, now she noticed the dark circles under the younger ones eyes. "I love you always remember that." she whispered.

They are expecting a baby soon and she wants Shuhua and her to think of their life first, fix their selves.

Nothing would go wrong right?

It's just space between them.

Shuhua came back to her home and was welcomed by Haku and Mata. She thought she was happy but she isn't. She's frustrated but it was what Soojin wanted. 'At least we're still together.'

'Don't overthink Shuhua.' she looks like crazy woman looking at the mirror talking to herself.

"It's just space don't overthink it." she lowered her head staring at the sink. "Should I call Minnie unnie?" she asks herself.

It was already evening. "She's probably busy with Miyeon unnie." she walked out of the bathroom with her towel placed on her shoulder. Slumping her body on the bed she stared at the ceiling.

Shuhua couldn't sleep at all. Walking down the stairs she enters her kitchen. The whole house was silent, only the sound of rustle inside the kitchen.

"This will do." she took the food inside her room.

2:39 am yet Shuhua was eating some cookies and warm milk while watching a cartoon if Soojin was beside her the older would probably scold her.

Her eyes stuck on the television in front of her. The warm milk was almost empty, the cookies were finished.

'This is making me crazy.' she thought.