Chapter Twenty-two

Stay

ˈstā

to continue to be in a place for a significant amount of time.

"Stay the night."

Soojin was left inside the kitchen confused. "Did she just initiated the kiss?" Soojin asks herself touching her lips. She closed her eyes before releasing a silent squeal.

Shuhua was smiling from ear to ear as she watch some videos of Soojin performing. Haku and Mata were beside her also focused on the big screen in front of them. The three were like hypnotized just watching Soojin perform.

Soojin can hear the loud music from the kitchen. She turns the stove off to peek at what the younger was really doing. She widened her eyes seeing Shuhua watching her recent dance cover.

She look at Shuhua who was focused on the screen. She noticed the dogs weren't barking or running around she was surprised to see Shuhua's dogs watching the television also. "She's beautiful right?" She heard Shuhua said to Haku and Mata as the two bark at the younger as a response agreeing to what their mom have said.

Soojin's cheeks were flushed red as she goes back inside to continue cooking.

Shuhua watched the video on repeat and Soojin didn't mind it but it was playing nonstop. She felt embarrassed. "I can give you a live show of that instead on putting that on repeat." Soojin said to Shuhua.

She was done cooking. The table was set now she went to the living room to call Shuhua. Shuhua turned to look at her. Her eyes were sparkling like she was expecting for Soojin to actually show her an actual performance of it. "Really!" Soojin was surprised on how excited Shuhua was.

"After we eat." She stated as she pulls the younger up.

The two were seated in front of each other. "Is this our early dinner?" Shuhua asks as she looks at all the food that was on the table. Her mouth watered just by looking at it. "If you haven't forgotten the time it's almost 6:30 pm so it isn't really early dinner." Soojin replied as she puts some stir-fried spicy pork on Shuhua's bowl.

The younger didn't complained instead she grab her chopsticks and placed the food inside her mouth tasting it.

Soojin was waiting for what the younger has to say to the food that she cooked but she got nothing. Shuhua was silent for a moment and when she saw Soojin looking down. "This was the best stir-fried spicy pork that I've tasted." Shuhua give Soojin two thumbs up while smiling widely.

"Really?" Soojin asks but Shuhua didn't answer. She watch the younger devour the food she made and she knows the answer already. She grabbed her spoon as she eats as well.

"You're such a messy eater." Soojin commented when noticed that some of sauce were on the side of Shuhua's lips. The younger was about to wipe it off but Soojin was faster than the lightning. She wiped it off using her thumb, licking it afterwards.

Shuhua lowered her head, hiding her red cheeks. 'She's so bold to do that.' she thought as she calms herself.

"I haven't had any proper meal this days. Thanks for this." Shuhua sincerely thanked the older. Shuhua had her proper meal last sunday. Eating the food that Soojin cooked for her.

"I will cook for you from now on." Soojin blurted out. "No no don't. You have a comeback next week. I don't want to tire you." Shuhua shook her head with disapproval. "No I'll cook for you and that's final."

They were seated on the couch watching some movies when Shuhua's phone lit up. She grab her phone from the coffee table as she looks at who texted her.

S H U H U A -

From Miyeon unnie:
Did you saw the article already?

I furrowed my eyebrows not knowing what she's saying at all.

To Miyeon unnie:
What article?

After a solid one minute I received a text from her.

From Miyeon unnie:
About Hui and Soojin.

"I'll just get something on my room." I excused myself as I walk up the stairs. As soon as I was inside my room. I search it up. I read every single word that was written on the article.

The company of both Hui and Soojin released an official statement.

"The two unfortunately broke up due to busy schedules. It was a mutual decision from the two. We hope that you'll continue to support the two even after this."

Fans were sad about the twos break up but they commented positive feedbacks to it.

Soojin was patiently waiting for the younger to comeback. Halfway of the movie Shuhua came down with a straight face wich didn't go unnoticed to Soojin. "Are you okay?" Soojin asks the younger but Shuhua looks outside the window.

"Stay the night." Shuhua muttered as she stares at Soojin. The older was flustered. Even when she was with Hui before the guy never told her to stay for the night.

But Shuhua's different. She doesn't want the girl to be alone at her apartment. She rather have Soojin here in her house than let the older be alone and considering it's already late she also doesn't want to drive back and forth.

She was actually anxious. She doesn't know if Soojin will agree to her.

"Okay." Soojin smiled at Shuhua as she taps the space beside her. "Let's continue the movie. You've been gone for long." Shuhua did what the older said but instead of sitting on the couch she laid down on the couch as she gently place her head on Soojin's lap.

Shuhua was comfortably laying down while Soojin was blushing madly. Shuhua look up and saw that the older was blushing. "Ich liebe dich." She repeated the words that she said awhile ago. Soojin stared at Shuhua who was looking up to her.

Soojin was confused. It was her second time hearing Shuhua say that but she doesn't have any ounce of idea what that means. Shuhua chuckled when Soojin furrowed her eyebrows.

"I said I love you." Shuhua smiles cheekily as she focused on the screen.

===
Sorry short update. I know I said I'll be studying but I can't ignore this. Exams is just around the corner and I'm reviewing for it. It's actually Music time but here I am writing this. Bye I have to go back to the discussion.

Stay safe

Stay hydrated