Chapter Nine

chance

/ ˈchan(t)s /

to take a chance on

"She called and wants to meet up with you."

S H U H U A -

We were done for the day so I just want to go home and have some rest. "Do you want to eat with me?" I turned to look at Soojin unnie who was smiling to me.

I was about to answer when manager oppa came to us. "Shuhua can we talk for a moment?" he asks.

"What is it oppa?" I ask as my attention was now to my manager. "Sorn called me earlier, she wants to talk to you about something. She said she already told it to you when all of you were at the bar the last time. She called and wants to meet up with you." I glanced at Soojin. I actually want to go to Sorn unnie but Soojin.

This is messing up my mind. What should I do? Think Yeh Shuhua, use your brain.

"Soojin unnie do-" why do people always likes to cut me off from finishing what I am about to say. "It's okay you go. Let's just eat together some time." The smile on her fce was precious and I hope I'm not oing the wrong decision.

"Okay. I'll get going then." I bid my goodbye to her as I follow my manager.

===

Shuhua was sitting quietly inside the car. "Why didn't you just go with Soojin?" the younger glanced at her manager for a second before focusing outside.

"She told me to go and besides I don't want to be attached to someone that much. It would break me in the end." Shuhua answered. "Then you don't want to confess what you're feeling?"

"It's not that deep. It will fade away so no need to confess and besides we knew each other for like three days for the record." The car stopped in front of a fancy restaurant. "Just call me if you need a ride home." Shuhua nods her head as she went out of the car with her wallet and phone.

She entered the fancy restaurant. She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw Sorn sitting at a table with someone. The younger walk towards them.

"Shuhua remember Hyewon?" Sorn asks the younger who was looking at Hyewon. "Ah yeah." Shuhua answered timidly as she sat beside Hyewon. "This is not a blind date right?" Shuhua look at Sorn weirdly.

"Silly of course not. I actually want to tell you something. Hyewon is part of the movie that I was telling you the other night and the director was desperately needing someone to act for the lead role and I think you would be perfect for it if you're not packed." Sorn explained as Hyewon looked at Shuhua anticipating.

"Are you starting the shoot?" Shuhua asks. Sorn was about to answer but Hyewon beat her to it. "We're going to start next next week. The script reading will be starting on wednesday next week then on thursday will be the press conference." Hyewon answered.

"I don't know. I'm participating in a documentary and the shooting started today." Shuhua look at the two sadly. "But I will call you tonight after I consult with my manager." Shuhua added that somehow brought a smile to Hyewon's face.

"Let's stop talking about this and let's eat for now. I'm famished." Sorn look at the two who was having a staring contest. "Yeah we should." Hyewon broke the eye contact.

"Where should we eat?" Soojin glance at him. "Anywhere." She turned her gaze outside as they pass by.

"I heard from a friend that the food here is good and don't worry this one is private." He smiled at Soojin.

The two entered the restaurant with smiles om their faces. He pulled out a chair for Soojin. "You've been very busy lately and this is the second time that we're on a date for this week." Soojin only smiled at him.

"And I missed you."

"I miss you too."

The two were talking to each other sweetly not knowing that someone was taking a picture of the together while holding hands on top of the table.

Sorn actually saw Soojin entering the restaurant but since it wasn't her business, she didn't paid much attention to it. "So how is the first shoot for today?" Sorn asks Shuhua who was devouring her food.

Shuhua wiped her lips before answering. "Well it was not that tiring since all we did today was interview in the morning, solo film at the afternoon and some photoshoot." Shuhua shrugged her shoulders.

"Is someone driving you home today?" Hyewon was just listening to the two. "I'll call my manager."

"Hyewon could drive you." Hyewon looked at Sorn confused to what the older is saying. She was about to turn it down politely. "I can't drive well and I don't want us to be at the hospital the next day." Hyewon said as she looks at Sorn giving her a signal.

"Then I'll drive." Shuhua exclaimed. "Besides I also don't want to bother my manager." she added as she looks at Hyewon with a smile. It was beautiful and Hyewon was melted by it. "If you insist." Sorn arch an eyebrow hearing Hyewon agree to Shuhua that fast.

It was weird.

Sorn was the one who paid for their meal. Shuhua noticed that Hyewon kept on rubbing her arm so she took her coat off placing it on Hyewon. "This is will keep you warm." Shuhua smiled at Hyewon and it made her blush.

"But how about you?"

"I'll be okay. I love cold weather."

"We haven't talk the other night." Hyewon mumbled as she glance at Shuhua. "Oh yeah I was so busy getting drunk." Shuhua laugh it off.

"Yeah you were really busy drinking the night off." Hyewon chuckled. Unknown to the two there was someone watching them from afar.

Soojin was unconsciously clenching her fist. "Hey are you okay?" he rubbed Soojin's fist soothing her but it didn't lessen the unknown feeling that's building inside Soojin. "Drop me off now." Soojin teared her eyes off from the two.

===
I know this is late but Happy New Year. I updated three chapter for you guys. Keep safe and I hope we can have a great year.