Chapter Eleven

Happy

hap·​py

coming or happening by good luck especially unexpectedly.

"You two look so good together."

After their breakfast the three bid their goodbyes. "Shuhua don't overwork yourself." the younger doesn't know why the three was so worried of her finding out about the dating news of Soojin and Hui.

"I'm okay now go shoo." She pushed the three outside her house.

"You ready to go out?" Her mom ask Shuhua who was still staring at herself at the vanity mirror. "Yes let's go."

Shuhua opened the car door for her mother. "Such a gentlewoman." Her mother commented as Shuhua laugh it off. "I always am." Shuhua confidently said as she enters the car.

"By the way are you visiting Dr. Shin every week?" Her mother asks as she watch her daughter drive the car. "Yes I actually have an appointment with her tomorrow." Shuhua replied glancing at her mother then focusing her attention back to the road.

"That's good."

Shuhua parked the car as she hurriedly went out of the car to open the car door for her mother.

"You look great." Her mother complimented her daughter as soon as Shuhua walk out of the fitting room. "You should definitely get this."

"By the way mom is the party still pushing through?" Shuhua asks her mother who was busy looking for a dress. "No." her mother simply answered. "But will have gathering next month on Busan like we always do." Shuhua nods her head.

They walk out of the store with shopping bags on their hands. As they were walking through Shuhua spotted a very familiar girl who was standing ten meters away from them. "Why don't we eat on our favorite restaurant mom?" Shuhua exclaimed as she look at her mother silently praying that her mother would agree and she's hoping Soojin didn't notice her.

"You want to eat there?" her mother asks as Shuhua nodded her head vigorously but before the two can walk away.

"Shuhua." Soojin called out as she happily walk towards them. Soojin bow at the woman beside Shuhua greeting her politely. "Soojin unnie what a coincidence?" Shuhua's mother look at the two.

"Won't you introduce me?"

"Soojin this is my mother, mom this is Soojin unnie my colleague." Shuhua casually said. "I assume you're busy today looking by at your outfit and I can definitely see your manager from me. We'll get going now unnie." Soojin couldn't help not to show the sadness.

She wants to eat with the younger but she also doesn't want to ruin their mother and daughter bonding. "Why don't you come and eat with us."

S H U H U A -

"Why don't you come and eat with us." my mom suggested and I swear I want the ground to eat me alive. I don't want to eat with Soojin unnie and with my mom.

"If that's okay." I can see how Soojin unnie was smiling from ear to ear as I shrugged it off. "Of course it is."

"I'll just go tell my manager." Soojin unnie was like a happy kid but I know it won't take long though. Deep inside me I knew I was happy that I'll get a chance of eating together with Soojin unnie but at the back of my mind I'm not happy because this will be a torture.

I was driving the car after a ten minute argument with my mother in who's going to sit at the passenger seat. My mother keeps on insisting that Soojin unnie should sit there and I don't have a problem with that actually I just don't want to get too close to her.

'Save yourself from what's inevitable.'

I look like their driver right now because the two of them are seated at the backseat. As we arrived at the restaurant I told them to go in first as I was going to park the car.

I don't know if my eyes were mistaken but I definitely saw Hui getting out of a car with a mask on. I went out as I try to hide myself from him.

I entered the restaurant as I try ti find my mother and Soojin. I spotted them near the big glass panel. I noticed that the restaurant was quite crowded and I began to get worried for Soojin unnie.

"Let's get inside the VIP room. The news of your dating is still fresh. Safety always come first so let's go." I watch every move that Soojin unnie is making. "You know?" she asks as if she is nit believing that I knew about it. I tried to mask up every expression that can be seen on my face.

"It's all over the news this morning that's how I knew now let's go before someone would recognize you here."

S O O J I N -

I know the company hasn't confirmed it yet but it's true. I smiled at Shuhua as we follow her inside a room. "She's really protective." I heard her mom commented but why would Shuhua be protective of me? Oh right safety. I smiled thinking that she cares for me.

She pulled out a seat for her mother as she looks at me like she's hesitating if she should do it to me also. I was about to pull it out myself. She was at my side as she pulls the chair out for me.

"Thank you." I mumbled as she smiles at me. Her face is very innocent so pure. "Mom would like what you ordered the last time?" I was listening to their conversation as I scan the menu.

"You know me too well." I can't help but smile at their interaction and I kinda miss my own mom. "Soojin right?" I look at her mother as I nod my head. "Please take care of her." she whispered to me.

I don't know what to do so I just nod my head at her as an answer.

The foods have arrived when Shuhua's mother drop the question. "Are you perhaps in a relationship?" I glanced at Shuhua and I saw her focused on her food. "Ah yes." I said with my small voice.

"Is that so?" I noticed that the smile on her face went down. "What a shame you're already in a relationship." she smiled at me as she held my hand. "Cherish the love that the two of you are giving to each other." she added and I never felt supported like this when it comes to this kind of topic.

"You two look so good together." I turned my head to Shuhua who spoke up. Her tone was happy but her eyes I don't know how to explain. It's like a door but it's locked and you can never know what's really inside without the key.