Chapter Six

mo·ment

/ˈmōmənt/

A very brief period of time.

"she was silent for a moment before replying"

The next day it was still the same but the difference is Shuhua's manager has already given her a go signal that she can already go out but she still needs to be cautious.

Shuhua decided to walk around the park together with Haku and Mata. Morning walk has always been nice.

Shuhua was startled when Haku started barking followed by Mata who also started barking at someone. She look at the person who was also startled by the dogs.

S H U H U A -

I lowered myself as I calm both Haku and Mata. I bow as I apologize to him. "It's okay." His face lower face was covered with a black mask.

"Do you want to stop by at a dog cafe?" I ask  both of my dogs that was looking up at me. I laugh as we walk to the nearby dog cafe that we always go to.

I lowered my mask as I enter the dog cafe. "Good morning." I greeted as they bow. I let Haku and Mata go around the cafe and play with the other dogs. I heard my phone ringing so I took it out. I sat on the single couch.

"Why did you call unnie?" I ask as I watch Haku running around the place like a happy little cutie pie. "Where are you? Your house is lock." I chuckled.

"Of course it would be lock. I'm at a nearby dog cafe the same dog cafe where I always bring Haku and Mata. Why?" I ask. I decided to order something to drink and some snacks for my cutie pies. "I'll come there."

"Are you not with Minnie unnie right now?" This oldie wouldn't come to me if she's not with Minnie unnie. "She's busy. Sorn contacted her earlier and she left the house." I nod understanding it. "I'll be waiting."I said as I hang up.

I smile at the girl as she hands me my drink.

"Haku."

"Mata."

I called them out but they wouldn't come. These two are ao tiring to be with sometimes but they are my babies. I called them once more but with their treats in my hand and as soon as they saw the treats in my hand they came running to me.

"There. Is it yummy?" I ask with my high pitch nasal voice. I pat both of their heads.

"Shu." guessing by the voice. I already know who is calling me. I turned my attention at the new comer or should I say comers. Miyeon unnie wasn't alone. I saw a girl following her behind she was kinda taller than unnie maybe the same height as Minnie unnie.

Her hair was familiar but I can't seem to remember who she is. Her lower face was being covered with a mask and she was wearing a cap.

"Unnie." I stood up as unnie hug me but I push her away. I glared at her as she laughs at me. "When will you accept my love Shuhua~ya?" I rolled my eyes. Sometimes I'm thinking how Minnie unnie is handling this oldie.

"Who is she?" I whispered to unnie. "My friend." The woman took her cap and mask off as she fix her hair. I widen my eyes to see Soojin unnie in front of me. "You two are friends?" I exclaimed.

"Yes why?" I shook my head as I ignore her. Haku and Mata run to Soojin unnie hopping so happily. She kneels down as she pats my dogs.

"They are cute." Her soft voice filled my ears. I was brought back to my senses when Miyeon unnie nudge my side. "Your dogs?" She asks as she looks up to me. I opened my mouth but it was like my throat became so dry that now words was coming out so I close my mouth and nod instead.

I cleared my throat. "What do you two want to drink or eat? It's on me." I said as they both sat down. Haku was on Soojin unnie's lap. I envy my own dog. I shrugged my thoughts off as I wait for their answers.

"I'll have one americano."

"I'll have a bubble tea."

I noticed that there were cakes also displayed. I glance at them. Miyeon unnie was busy with her phone while Soojin unnie was busy playing with my dogs. I look at the cakes again.

I saw a strawberry cake maybe just maybe she likes strawberry. I hate strawberry I mean I don't literally hate the strawberry itself I just don't like the taste of it.

I paid for what I ordered as I came back to them with a tray on my hand. "One americano for you unnie." I said as I hand it to her. "Thank you ShuShu." she was about to kiss my cheek but I back away. She pouted.

"And one bubble tea for you too unnie." I hand her the drink as I took Haku from her. I noticed that Miyeon unnie was eyeing the cake so I grab it. "By the way I don't know if you even like strawberries but here." I smiled at  Soojin unnie with my brightest smile.

I glance over to Miyeon unnie who was arching her eyebrow at me. "What?" I ask clueless. "You bought a cake for her but not me." I laugh at her reaction. "I'll buy for you. What do you want?" I ask her as I anticipate for her answer.

"Nah just enjoy your time here. I have to go now. Minnie just called me." Unnie look at Soojin unnie. "I'm sorry this should be our bonding time."

"No it's okay. I'm having fun here." she replied to unnie with her sweet voice that I would want to here every day. "Shu take care of your unnie." I nod my head as I playfully salute at her. "You cute dork." we both laugh at it.

"I didn't know that you have two cute dogs. I thought the dogs were belonged to your manager." I look at her as I smile. "I also didn't know that you're friends with my unnie." she chuckled and my goodness it was music to my ears.

"You don't have any schedule today?" I ask her as I carry Mata playing with it's paws. "I don't have any."

I was contemplating whether to ask her for lunch. Come on Shuhua gather up your courage. I took a deep breath as I look at her. We were looking at each other's eyes as I open my mouth. "Do you want to have lunch with me? I know a good pla-" I was so close to losing my patience when we both heard her phone ringing.

"I'll just take this." Soojin answered the call as she walks away. I noticed her forehead creasing. I focused my attention to my dogs as I wait for Soojin unnie to come back.

She came back with a small smile om her face and I wonder why she's smiling. I can see her eyes sparkle in this broad daylight. "I'm sorry to turn down your invitation Shuhua~ya maybe some other time." I can't help but too be down.

"Do you have somewhere to go to?" I ask masking up the sadness in my face with a bright forced smile. She was silent for a moment before replying.

"Yes."

Maybe some other time. She bid her good bye to me and to my dogs. I'll see her tomorrow. 'Don't be sad.' I mentally cheered up myself.

This is the time for ice cream.