Chapter Twelve

Facade

fa·​cade

a display of emotion or behavior that is intended to deceive.

'Masking up everything to show how genuinely happy she is even if she doesn't know why something inside her was breaking and hurting.'

"Do you love him?" Soojin's attention was back again to Shuhua's mother. Soojin has never hesitates to answer this question before but now she doesn't know why she's hesitating to answer a simple question.

"He's a great guy." I mumbled as I eat my food. "I'll just go to the comfort room." Shuhua smiled at two as she walks out of the room the younger doesn't know why her mother was si invested in Soojin's love life and when she heard her mom asking that kind of question she felt scared.

Scared to know the answer.

Scared to know the truth.

She's scared so scared that she can't afford hearing Soojin say it herself. She clench her shirt when she felt a throbbing pain in her heart.

She enters the comfort room. It's toi early to admit that she's in love but she doesn't know why her heart was in pain when she heard her mother and Soojin talking about something that she don't want to hear. She leaned on the sink using her hands as a support.

She stared at her reflection. "Is this beyond it? Is my feelings getting deeper? It can't be." Shuhua sighed out of frustration. She opened the faucet as water started to run down. She splashed some on her face as she turns it off, getting some tissue.

The younger exited the comfort room masking up everything to show how genuinely happy she is even if she doesn't know why something inside her was breaking and hurting.

She entered the room only to be welcomed by a red faced Soojin and her mom giggling. "Did I miss something?" Shuhua asks with a bright smile plastered on her face is it really a bright smile?

"None dear continue eating so you can drop Soojin off back to the mall." Her mother smiled at her. Shuhua glance at Soojin who was still red. 'What did mom do this goddess?' Shuhua shook her head.

"You two enjoy, your dad actually called a few seconds just now before you came back. Shu I'll get going." Mrs. Yeh kissed her daughter's forehead as she leaves the two. Soojin and her talk and it will be between of them until Soojin is sure.

Both the actress and soloist can feel the awkwardness surrounding them. "If you're done with your food then let's go. I don't want your manager to be worried and besides you have a schedule." Shuhua wiped her lips. Finishing their food Shuhua asked for the bill.

The two walk out of the restaurant. A lot of things are running inside Shuhua's mind and she doesn't know how to stop it. Unknown to her Soojin spotted her boyfriend getting inside a car.

"Hui." Soojin called out to the guy as Hui turned her direction to them. He has a wide smile plastered on his face. Shuhua was brought back to reality when Soojin was walking away from her. 'Do I need to follow her? Should I just walkaway?' Shuhua asks herself.

"I remember you. Your dogs barked on me when I was having a jog at the park the other day." Shuhua furrowed her eyebrows not really knowing what the hell this guy is talking about. "I guess you don't remember but I'm Hui by the way Soojin's boyfriend." He  stretch his arm out for a handshake.

But Shuhua being 'The Yeh Shuhua' just stared at his hand. "I believe he'll drive you back there his your boyfriend after all and nice meeting you Hui. Bye unnie." Shuhua waved her hands at Soojin.

"She is rude." Hui immediately said as Shuhua was now out of their sight. "Yah don't be like that." Soojin yelled startling Hui. "You don't have to yell you know." Hui calmly said as Soojin look at him with fire in her eyes.

Meanwhile Shuhua wasn't leaving yet she's just inside her car gripping the steering wheel so hard. She wants to let her frustration out but her theoat run dry that she can't even say a word. She was choking up.

She was scared to admit. She's scared to everything that can hurt her and now she's afraid being near to Soojin she admits that Soojin can make her weak and helpless but Soojin can also be her comfort. 'Should I back out on the documentary and accept the drama?' Shuhua thought.

Soojin was deep in thoughts thinking of what she and Shuhua's mother talked about. She glance at Hui and it felt different.

Shuhua decided to meet up with Hyewon today to ask her opinion. "I'll pick you up. Just send me your address." Shuhua stopped by at the side as she waits for Hyewon to send her address. "I'll be there in a few minutes." was the last thing that Shuhua said before ending the call.

She put the address on the gps.

S H U H U A -

I want to know Hyewon's opinion about it so I decided to just visit her home. Few more turns and here we are. I parked the car at the side as I went out.

It was a two story house. I pressed the doorbell and the gate immediately opened. 'Is she really waiting for me?' I chuckled because she was panting. "Stop fooling me you were right behind the gate so stop acting like you really run here just to open it." her eyes widen as I laugh at her. She got caught red handed.

"Too excited to see me?" I playfully ask as I walk inside following her. "Do you want an honest answer or a lie?" Hyewon asks me back as we both sat down on the couch. "I prefer the honest one no one wants to be lied to right?" I smiled at her anticipating for her so called honest answer on my playful question.

"Yes I was excited to see you." Hyewon didn't hide the smile on her face to me. I shrug my shoulders. "I guess I really am popular to girls." I cockily said as she raised an eyebrow at me. Well except for Soojin unnie. "Not really Yeh Shuhua." she retorted.

"By the way what do you want to talk about?"

"I want to your opinion if I should back out on the documentary and just join the drama?" I slumped my body on the couch as I wait for her answer.

"Why? Something probably happened. Yeh Shuhua wouldn't back out on something especially with things like this." I don't feel like sharing what I feel. It'll be all inside me. I diverted my gaze away from her. I felt her hand held mine as she squeeze it lightly.

"I know you don't want to share it to me but I think you should continue the documentary and as for the drama it's up to you if you would accept our offer but I'm hoping that you'll consider it." I remained silent. Her hand was warm and soft. I can see it in her eyes that she's sincere.

"Email me the schedule and all the other details regarding the drama I'll talk it out with my manager tonight." I  noticed the smile that suits her beautiful face. "Really?"

"Really."