Chapter 71

After the exam, Shen Yanbei, who was in a relaxed suit, took Gu Changfeng through the streets every day, where there is something delicious to taste, and where there is something nice to see, life is very happy.

William, who came to Beijing with them, was excited to get to know friends after seeing many foreigners in Yongjing, and he didn't care about them. But Su Qingze, who used to go out with the emperor every day, has not gone out these days.

Shen Yanbei thought that the test would have a result on the eighth day of March, but before that, he had to copy, proofread, and read the papers. Could it be that the emperor wanted to participate and didn't have time to accompany him? So he asked Su Qingze: "We are going to the villages around the imperial city, do you want to go?"

"Huh?" Su Qingze was stunned, then nodded, "Go!"

A few people rented a carriage out of town.

In March of Yangchun, the wind is sunny, the willows are green and pink, and the fields are full of greenery. The wheat that has survived the cold winter straightened its waist, and the emerald green leaves swayed gently in the spring breeze, which made people look happy.

Shen Yanbei walked all the way to observe. Almost all the farmland here is dry land. Nearly half of the dry land is planted with winter wheat, and the rest of the dry land is still vacant. He asked the nearby villagers and learned that the land was used to grow sorghum and millet or plant corn and peanuts. There are few paddy fields and they are generally used to grow glutinous rice.

The 120 acres of fertile land he bought was in a village called Downstairs. The land was originally in the hands of a high-ranking official, but he was sent to prison for his crimes and his family properties were all confiscated, so he could buy it so smoothly.

The head of the village downstairs heard that the new owner of the hundred acres of land had come and hurried to greet him. At the foot of the imperial city, anyone who came across at random could be a child of an official, who ordinary people like them couldn't afford.

Seeing how many people in Shen Yanbei dressed richly, had good temperaments, and took their servants to travel, the village chief said hurriedly: "I have seen a few sons!"

Shen Yanbei returned the gift: "Excuse me when you are old, I have bought some fields here, and I am about to prepare for spring plowing now, I want to go and see in the fields..."

Shen Yanbei was so polite and polite, the village head smiled and said to take them there. Hearing Shen Yanbei’s Beijing accent, the village chief asked more questions, and only then learned that Shen Yanbei was a Juren who came to Beijing for the exam.

There are so many dignitaries in the capital. It is really nothing to be a juror, but if they are admitted, their worth will be very different. If Gu Changfeng and Su Qingze were born, the village chief didn't dare to neglect, and asked carefully. "The son is buying land here, but is he planning to settle here?"

"Indeed." Shen Yanbei smiled embarrassedly, "My husband's family is here, so we can live close to each other."

The village chief was stunned, and when Shen Yanbei looked at Gu Changfeng with a smile, his eyes widened in shock.

This... is this tall man actually a pair, or is this young man's husband? !

"Yanbei..." Gu Changfeng was also surprised.

Shen Yanbei wanted to leave his hometown to settle in Yongjing, where he was unfamiliar.

Su Qingze's eyes are a bit complicated, but more complicated than envy.