Chapter 38

The boy's eyes were red, his fists were tightly clenched, and he seemed very angry.

"I counted one hundred and eighty-four ducks last night, but when I drove the ducks into the duck house just now, I counted only one hundred and seventy!" The boy said more and more guilt, "I blame me today. I didn’t count the ducks when they were released in the morning..."

Seeing that there were fewer ducks, he immediately went to check the nets, but the nets surrounded the rice fields well, and the ducks could not run away without gaps! And he stayed there all day, and no one came over. It must have been stolen last night!

Reaching out to pat Zhou Yu's shoulder, Shen Yanbei comforted: "It's not your fault. The other party wants to steal the duck, no matter if you count it or not, he will steal it."

"But..." Zhou Yu gritted his teeth, "It would be fine if I watched there at night..."

Shen Yanbei chuckles: "How can people live in the fields?" In this era, the folkway is simple, but there are also people who steal chickens and dogs. It is indeed risky to raise ducks in the fields, but he did not expect that his ducks would be killed before they were raised. Stole.

Everyone in the village knows that it is his field and his duck...

Who stole his duck?

"That's fourteen ducks..." Zhou Yu blamed himself and felt distressed. Shen Yanbei wanted to raise ducks, but he was so happy! Take the initiative to take the initiative to live.

How cute are those little plush things! He drove them to the fields every day, watching them play and pecking in the water, he just stepped and practiced some simple moves, or took the sand table Shen Yanbei made for him to practice calligraphy or Do some manual work, the friends in the village can envy him!

Now he messed up things, and people stole the duck...

Still fourteen ducks! They all have white feathers, and soon they will be big ducks!

Seeing his sorrow, Shen Yanbei said sternly: "Zhou Yu, Changfeng teaches you martial arts and I teach you literacy and hyphenation, not for you to put ducks."

Zhou Yu stared at him blankly, and Shen Yan Beiwen said: "I'm just asking you to help watch temporarily. Someone will take over this job in the future. Now if the duck is lost, I can't find it again. The most important thing at the moment is to prevent being caught next time. Steal!" He could understand this young man's thoughts, except that he felt sorry for not working after receiving monthly money. After finally finding something to do, but not doing it well, I feel guilty and uneasy.

"My husband is right," Gu Changfeng said solemnly, "catch the thief is the most important thing."

There are one or two things like this. As long as they keep silent, the thief will definitely come again.

"I know Master!" Zhou Yi rallied, but the fist beside him was clenched tighter.

The thief who stole his duck, he will definitely not let him go!

"Well, Zhou Yi, you go back first, we will take care of this, don't worry." Shen Yanbei calmly said.

"Yes, son."

Zhou Yu nodded, as soon as he went out, he met Su Qingze who was here to eat.

Seeing the boy's stinking face, he couldn't help asking: "What's wrong with him?"

"A dozen ducks in the field were stolen, and I felt sorry for it." Shen Yanbei greeted people over for dinner.

"Master Xiucai dare to steal the ducks? This thief is quite fat!" Su Qingze frowned. He has lived here for several days, and most of the villagers are still fine.