Chapter Twenty

LISA

"Hey, Lisa, Jennie. What's up?" Jisoo comes to greet us when we arrive at her house. She is wearing that big happy smile when turning to look at Jennie beside me, who also beams at her with her gummy smile.

Then, she leans towards me to give me a hug. "Hi, Jisoo." I greet back, embracing her for a few seconds. "I have to say that I miss hanging out with you. Without you, Bam and I are so bored."

She pulls back, confused. "You still hang out? Come on, Lisa. You aren't single anymore." She smiles apologetically at Jennie as if I did something wrong and so bizarre from who I am. "Hush, Jisoo. I can't believe you have changed so much. From a womanizer to a real good wife within a few years."

"Because I know that Rosé is more valuable than those women out there." She says dreamingly before her eyes light up, thinking about her damn woman. "Anyways, it's not time for me to lecture you. It's the time I should celebrate my party and get to know Jennie more, right?" She says, looking at Jennie, which the latter nods shyly.

"Let's get inside. Bam is also waiting for us. Moreover, Rosé said she wants to talk to Jennie since you guys haven't had too much time on your wedding day. She also believes that you are one of the greatest women she has ever met too." Jisoo states before continuing her speech, "You know why?"

Jennie shakes her head a little bit as the later precedes with a smile, "She said you are beautiful, and you will capture this monkey's heart, and soon enough, she will follow you everywhere like a lost puppy." Jennie blushes a little but brushing it off. I know she is still pissed at me, though.

As she stops talking, I hit her shoulder when she whines in pain. "Are you trying to imply that this is who you are when you got married to Rosé?"

"Monkey, I am just stating what my wife has said. You don't need to hit me!" She hisses loudly when Jennie shoots me a dead glare, "We come here to celebrate, Lisa. Don't be so childish." She says before walking past me, and Jisoo follows her behind after she sticks out her tongue at me annoyingly.

Who is being childish now, huh?

"This is the special night, and all I want for this night is to enjoy this night with you guys, my friends, and wish all the happiness in the world to my wife who deserves everything." Jisoo stands up, raising her glass of red wine, wishing her wife on her anniversary day like a high school kid who has been accepted by her crush for the first time.

Gee, this kid is sure so whipped, and she still had the gut to tell Jennie that I will be a lost puppy like her one day.

No way!

As I glance beside me to see Jennie's side profile, I forget what I said a while ago. She talks to Rosé at ease and so natural. I don't know why she has this ability to get to know everyone easily, and not to mention to get along well with all the people around me. Starting from Mr. Yang, Bam, Ella, Jisoo and now Rosé, who claimed that she didn't really like Somi when I came to her house with her last time.

After being married to Jisoo, Rosé also becomes one of my best friends. She is not the one who judges people easily, but she is the type that can see people through their eyes. Seeing their interaction, I know that Rosé is fond of Jennie. These two will surely become best friends in the future.

Suddenly, I hear a voice of clearing throat next to me as I turn to see Jisoo, whom I have no idea when she approached me. "Remember what I said earlier?" She whispers.

I glare at her, "Go away, I am trying to relax and enjoy this party of yours."

"Look, Bam. Who is being a lost puppy right now?" She asks Bam who turns to us with a brow curving up in confusion.

"Someone is in the process of being a whipped person," She smirks before both of them burst into laughter. "Jisoo, who is that person, huh? I remember that someone said she'd never become a whipped kind, but look at her now." He teases me before I shoot him a glare. "Bam, if you want to work at Jisoo's company, tell her now." I state as he shuts up immediately.

Yeah, he should be.

"Sorry, Jisoo. I can't talk with you more right now. Someone is blackmailing me, and I can't lose my job even though I know that I am the best manager in her company." He pouts at Jisoo like a child as I look away, not wanting to be in their trap anymore.

"Jisoo, do we dance tonight?" Rosé asks after we eat the fancy and delicious foods they have prepared for us.

"Yeah, my wife. This is the most important time tonight." She replies after giving me a devilish smirk and stands up to clap her hands a few times to get the guests' attention. "Alright, guys. Since today is the special day of me and my wife, I want you guys to come up and dance together, okay?"

Everyone claps their hands in delight. And, how about Lisa?

Yeah, I am here. I literally choke on my drink when I know why she gave me a smirk. She planned this night, and she wants me to dance with Jennie tonight even though I am trembling at the thought of that.

I turn to look at Jennie who also looks pale and terrifying.

"So, the music, please starts!" Jisoo announces proudly.

Bam shakes my shoulder rapidly as I glance at him, not sure what to do. "What?" I ask.

"Lisa? Aren't you dancing?"

"With who?" I retort even though I know who I should dance with.

"Are you stupid?"

"I don't want to." I cross my arms over my chest.

He roams his eyes around the dance floor to see several couples of our friends and co-workers when he turns to me again, smirking. "Lisa, if you don't want to dance, can I borrow your wife? I really want to dance." He asks more politely with his puppy eyes as my blood boils without knowing why.

"No!"

"Why?"

"I will dance!" I say as I stand up.

You are screwed, Lisa.