Chapter Fifty-One

LISA

"Honey, I am going to work now." I pick on Jennie's lips after finishing breakfast together with her a few minutes ago. Actually, I intend to spend another day with her to talk about whatever bothered her last night, but she insists that she's okay and needs more time. Not to mention, she also doesn't want to miss her works one more day.

Thinking about that, I am still upset that I didn't accept her offer to have her work beside me all the time. I was such an ungrateful woman back then.

"Have a good day, Lisa." She smiles, looking a bit better than when her nightmares triggered. I nod, then grabbing my suit jacket before leaving.

As I step in the van, Mr. Yang greets me as usual. "Morning, Lisa." I haven't seen him for a while now since I use my own car, but today we need to go to a meeting as a team with Bam and other managers. Therefore, riding together might be easy for all of us.

"Hi, Mr. Yang. How are you?" I inquire, handing him some breakfast Jennie had asked me to give to him. My wife has a heart of gold, and I am the luckiest person in the world to have her. That's why I will do anything to give her the best life possible.

Mr. Yang clears his throat while grinning at me, "Thinking about your wife?" He takes the food from me before he starts the engine of the car after I have already worn my seatbelt properly at the back.

"Huh?"

"You smiled while handing me my breakfast, which I am sure Jennie made it for me, so that's might be the reason you look so happy in this early morning." He glances at the rearview mirror, and I do my best to put on a serious expression I usually have.

Also, the way he calls my wife by her name makes me feel so in love with her even more. She is so down to earth. Never have I imagined I would have that kind of woman as my life partner. "Yep." I agree with his accusing of me thinking about Jennie, and there is no need to deny at all because it's the truth.

Then, for once, when talking about Jennie, Mr. Yang seems to like my response and approves it. "Your wife is so kind. Tell her if she is busy, don't bother her to get up early and make it for me."

---

"Really?!" Bam exclaims excitedly as I tell him about our plan to have a baby. He seems so enthusiastic about it than I do right now. "Bam, turn down your voice a little bit. As far as I am concerned, it'll be my first child with Jennie. Not yours."

He frowns, crossing his legs before straighten against my office couch. "Well, don't forget that I will have a kid who calls me an uncle for the first time too. Not to mention, Ella will also have either a brother or sister to play with."

I come to sit beside him after sipping my afternoon coffee in my hand, "Talking about Ella, how is she?"

"She's great-"

"Lisa!" Somi comes running into my office without even knocking as she stands in front of us looking so thrilled. I wonder what she's up to right now.

"At least, knock." Bam complains, annoyed.

Somi glares at him before smiling at me, ignoring the angry Bam. Both of them are bickering every time they meet. If I am not wrong, Bam has a soft spot for Somi. It's just that he doesn't want to admit, and Somi doesn't want to know either. One day, Somi will understand Bam's kindness and how a good man he is. Hopefully, they can be together soon.

I put my coffee on the table before standing up. Glancing at the wristwatch, I signal Bam to know that it's the time for our meeting now, and we need to drive together there; Obviously, Mr. Yang is already waiting for us in front of the company.

Suddenly, Somi catches me off guard by flinging herself to me. Her grip tightens, and my hands awkwardly grab her shoulders and try to pull her away, "Somi." My voice turns cold when I see her grinning and Bam's sour face. "I miss you, Lisa."

"Well, I am busy now. I have a meeting." I walk to the door not after she asks me the question I don't know how to answer. "Don't you miss me too?"

"Somi, it's just a few days. You don't need to act as if-" Bam responds, but he is cut off by Somi again.

"I didn't ask you." Her voice becomes angry and agitated towards my best friend, and I hate that he is treated indifferently by the woman he cares for. So, I ignore it and leave the room after sighing heavily.

I have Jennie now, and if Somi continues to act as if I were single like before, my relationship will not work well even if I believe that Jennie is the type of woman who can understand and trust me like a good wife she is.

---

"Somi wants to work with you as your secretary," Bam tells me after we come back from the meeting. He walks a few steps faster than me, stopping in front of me when I am about to go inside my office since I need some paperwork before heading home.

I respond tiredly, "Bam, I don't need a secretary. I work my whole life without one, and if I want, she is also not my choice. You know how she feels towards me."

"She is just graduated, and she needs a job. Ella needs someone who can support her as well." Bam looks so anxious while he tries to do something that I have already known. In fact, he cares so much about the woman.

I grab his shoulders, "Bam, I acknowledge what you are thinking. I don't want to break both my wife and my best friend's heart if Somi does something that gives you guys a misunderstanding. Not that I don't trust Somi, but I am about to build a family, and I do not need even a fraction of the problem to go between us."

He widens his eyes as if he wants to deny something, but he just nods. "You know." He agrees as I hug him, giving him some comfort and assurance that I need to clarify. "Somi and I are just friends. I don't want her because I don't love her. You love her or at least you care for her more than I do, and I know one day, she will know that."

"Thanks." He mumbles as I pull back, "She can be your secretary if she needs a job." I wink at him playfully as he can't help but smile.

Then, he leaves with a big grin on his face.

Maybe, it's time for Bam to have a family and be truly happy because my best friend deserves it.