Chapter Thirty-Eight

LISA

The music blasts through the whole area with a lot of people hanging around with a wine glass in their hand, talking and boasting like hubbub in the market, and at the corner of my eyes, I see a big fat pool sitting in the center.

A few women wearing only bikini swimming and laughing as if they are the most carefree people in the world. Feeling someone's gaze on me, I glance down a little bit to see Jennie's frowning face when she takes the surroundings in. I keep silent as she looks back to find her friend.

"Are you sure this is the best restaurant and not the best strip club in Busan?" I lean down to whisper a tease in her ear as she shoots me a dead glare afterward. Raising my hands up a bit, I retort, "What? I don't come here because I want it. You insisted, remember?" She doesn't answer, instead she steals a glance at the hot chicks in the pool while I try to hide my smirk.

She suddenly tightens her grip on my hand before we walk inside, followed by her friend later. "Irene, I don't know why did the clients of yours decide to choose this kind of place to have dinner? Is this really one of the best, Irene?" She asks, subsequently holding on my arm while frowning annoyedly.

"Don't you love it? Let's just have fun," Irene chuckles before waving her hand to a familiar woman from afar. As she comes closer, a smile spreads across my face when realizing who she is. "Hi, Irene." She flashes a smile to Irene then to my wife, "Jennie," As her eyes turn up to me, I almost hear her gasping in shock. She rushes to hug me tightly before hitting my shoulder slightly. I glance at Jennie who is confused and agitated right now as Irene still beams at the dork in front of me.

"Lalisa Manoban, I have never imagined you come here at this place! You are married right?" She pretends to scold me even though I know she loves this kind of place so much since we used to hang out together back at that time. Well, apparently, she doesn't know who my wife is since she hasn't joined my wedding because back then her dad was severely ill, and he was at the hospital in the state, and she still felt sorry for that.

"Yeah, I am. But the problem I have with you right now is why the hell you invited my wife to this kind of place. Really, Seulgi?" I ask as she widens her eyes in shock and looks at Irene with confusion all over her face.

"Oh, Lisa. It's just that Seulgi happens to be our client. Seulgi, as I said, Jennie is married, and Lisa is her wife," Seulgi smiles, looking at Jennie then at me. "You get a good taste, lalalala...Lisa," She whispers before smirking proudly.

I shrug it off, looking at my wife before answering, "I always pick the best," Jennie becomes bewildered at what I said but doesn't say anything to us.

"Well, let's go to our table before I can introduce myself properly to Mrs. Manoban," Then, Seulgi leads us to a VIP room on the second floor. The massive room is extraordinary. The dork still remembers and fancies the kind of room that we used to hang out together. I wonder what Bam and Jisoo would say when they know that one of our best friends coming back and didn't tell anything to them.

As I sit beside my wife, I smirk, noticing that this friend of mine is fallen for someone and that someone is, of course, Jennie's friend. I eye her knowingly as she clears her throat before speaking, "Irene, I think you should tell your friend now, and I will do too since she is here," Irene's cheeks redden as she turns to Jennie. "Um, as you know, Seulgi is our client, and she is also my girlfriend as well,"

I remain clam since I have already predicted that, but when I look at Jennie's face, it seems like she doesn't expect that at all. She gasps and stays silent for a few seconds, "Since when? You didn't even tell me in the first place,"

"Jennie, I can't. Actually, we are dating for a while now, and this dork here took too much time before she had the gut to ask me to be hers," She leans down, whispering in Jennie's ear, low enough not to have Seulgi hear about it.

I curve my brow up, looking at Seulgi's bewildered face. "How about you, my friend? What confession do you have, huh?"

"Hello, Jennie. I am Lisa's best friend, and Lisa, Irene is my girlfriend," She states bluntly. "Oh," I act surprised, "Congrats," Seulgi glares at me, "Don't be a smartass, I know you knew it since you first saw me," She mouths me the last sentence as I grin in response.

"How about the other clients, Irene?" Jennie inquires. "Actually, there are no more clients here. We just want you to come here, so we can inform you about our relationship and have some fun," Jennie rolls her eyes playfully as if she knows something, "No wonder why you chose this place,"

Seulgi chuckles, "I did, but I just want you guys to have some fun,"

Then, we eat and drink for a while. Seulgi and I have some time to catch up, and she also asks about some of our close friends: Bam and Jisoo in particular. As the girls get more wasted, Seulgi and I decide that we should go back to our places as she offers to bring Irene back to the hotel since they have a flight tomorrow, Jennie and I agree that we should wrap up now. Well, actually I am the one that wants to go back because my wife here is so tipsy due to the shots she took.

I literally carry her back to the car with her giggling and walking like she has no strength at all. I have no idea why she drank that much if she could not tolerate much alcohol. She said she was thirsty. I roll my eyes, remembering her excuse.

As we separate our ways now with Irene and Seulgi gone, Jennie and I have already arrived at the ground floor. A few people look at our way, but I don't pay much attention.

"Your eyes!!" Jennie suddenly shouts out of nowhere. I look at her in shock, trying to figure out what the fuck is she doing. "Don't look at my wife," She points at a few women in the pool that I have seen when we went here.

I smile apologetically at them before Jennie glares at me as if I have done something wrong, "Jennie, behave. I need to bring you back," She shakes her head angrily, trying to push me away, but I tighten my grip on her.

Remind me later, Jennie Kim shouldn't fucking drink!