Chapter Seven

LISA

"Honey, what are you doing?" A high-pitched voice has been heard from outside my office as I close my eyes to calm myself a little bit.

I have been feeling not good since this morning, and now I don't want to answer any question anymore.

"Somi, I am working. Why are you even here?" I ask as she closes my office door, literally bolting to me.

"Aww! It's hurt. Aren't you stressed after staying with your old grumpy wife?" She smirks as I frown at her statement, "Jennie is not old." I reply without looking at her, telling her what I think.

Well, she is not old. In fact, she is even younger than me. "She is just twenty-three. And, you are twenty-two, Somi. If she is old, so are you." I continue to work on my screen, hoping she will leave alone for today.

"Wow, hon. Since when you became on her side?" She softens her voice, kissing my cheeks as I push her a little bit away.

"I am not on her side. I am just stating the truth. Even if I don't love her, she is still my wife. I don't want anyone to criticize her. It's like they are looking down on me." I heave a deep sigh to let her know that I am not really welcoming her presence right now.

"You stop loving me?" She asks in a small tone.

"I never said I love you," I state the fact again.

She looks at me with sad eyes before sitting on the couch in my office. Somi is my friend since high school, and we are still friends right now, but the thing is she wants more, and I can't give her that. Because in my mind, she is just a friend and the older sister of the love of my life.

Don't get me wrong!

"Where is the love of my life?" I try to throw it off, making her smile at me for a bit before answering, "She is at school. Wanna pick her up with me today?"

"Of course,"

We are like that. Somi loves me, and I am still seeing her because I love her younger sister like my biological sister as well. Ella was born when Somi was twelve, and their parents died in a car accident after a few years, so Somi had to work while studying to raise Ella up on her own, with some money and a house given.

The girl is so brilliant. The first day, Somi introduced her to me I felt so delighted. She is like my sunshine, and I always call her the love of my life, it's just our silly endearments, though. She is more like my real little sister that I always spoil her.

"Lisa, don't you love me?"

I shake my head a little, not wanting to make her upset than she already is. No matter how many times she asks, it's always the same answer.

"You love Jennie?"

"Please stop, Somi. I have never known Jennie that much to even fall in love with her." I frown at her question.

"You defended her,"

"Because you accused her of something she isn't." I fire back.

"I know you-"

"I don't love her! In fact, Jennie and I now are separated."

Her eyes widen as well as mine.

"What do you mean?"

"It's nothing."

"Lisa."

"We decided to live as if we are not together. We live in different rooms, doing everything we want to. And, this is a secret, so please keep your mouth shut because no one has known about it yet, and I don't have any plan to spill it out to somebody. You know what I will do to someone who talks about my secret." I give her a serious expression to show her that it's not a joke for her to tell anyone.

Her lips curve up into a small smile, "Yes, Lisa. I won't. I am happy that you-"

"Listen, Somi. You and I will never have a chance together even if there is no Jennie. I don't love her. Neither are you."

I finish before putting on my jacket, walking out to the door. "If you haven't had lunch yet, you can come."

---

We arrive at our usual restaurant near my company. I go inside the place as Somi grabs my arm as if she is afraid that I would run away. "Somi, I am not going anywhere. You can release my arm right now. I don't want anyone to us."

I am about to seize her arm away when my gaze falls to the brunette sitting at the table in the corner. She looks very familiar to me as I frown in confusion, trying to think who she is.

Fuck!

The naughty wife of mine.

She said she goes to work. In fact, she is with some man out here. My rage goes up as I turn back to find a near table to sit and hide myself to know why they are here.

"Lisa, what do you want?"

"Whatever, please go order for me. I will pay for us."

She smiles, going off to the food counter. This place normally doesn't have waiters, so we have to order and take the tray of food back by ourselves. I always dislike about it, and now it's a perk for me as I sit back, leaning closer.

"Jennie, nice to meet you." The man's voice.

"U—uh, me too." She laughs shyly as I scowl at her voice.

I think she is a good person. An honest and innocent one. In fact, she is just the typical woman I have known. She lies to me. She doesn't love me at all. I am not angry that she doesn't love me, but I hate someone who is shady the most.

A moment later, they are walking outside to the parking lot as the stupid black-haired man grabs her hand to kiss the back of it before he enters his expensive car, which I don't give a fuck about, driving away. After that a woman walks towards her with a smile on her face, and I turn away when Somi comes back.