Chapter Eleven

LISA

As she steps inside the house, I go to close the door before dragging her to the kitchen, carefully not disturbing Ella playing a video game in my bedroom right now. Actually, I was about to tell her that it was okay if she wanted to cook for the girl but turned out that we didn't need it. She was busy.

When we are inside, I start. "Give me some respect, will you?" I look at her, literally having smoke coming out of my nose.

And, she turns to me with much intense glare I have never seen on her before. "What have I done wrong this time? You saw that he came to hand this purse, didn't you?" She asks.

Yeah, I have fucking eyes. I laugh dryly, "How sweet is he to come to a married woman's house just to give that damn thing, huh? You think I am stupid enough to believe you?"

She closes eyes slightly before focusing on me again. "Lisa, I don't want to argue with you anymore. Today is a strenuous day already. I need some good sleep." She is about to leave, and I haven't done with her yet. I am not an idiot to cope with these things all the time.

"Luckily, I don't believe your sweet mouth. Your words and your action are different. You are not a woman of your words. You said you love me, but when you realize that I don't have any feeling for you, you go out with a reason of getting a job and being bored, but somehow I find it a really good excuse for you to get another man before I decide to divorce you." I smirk, knowing that I have already hit the point when her face goes pale.

Suddenly, her hand flings to my cheek as I touch the hot skin in stunned silence.

"Lalisa Manoban, Is that your way of implying that I am just a slut in your eyes. I am sorry if I make you feel this way, but please give me some respect back if you want it from me." Her lips become trembling, and I want to ask her why she is so affected when I just state the truth.

My hands form into fists, "Who is he, then?"

She laughs hysterically before answering, "That question should be asked before you accused me, idiot! Since the damage is done, you have no right to ask me anymore. Remember? We are already separated, and you..." She pokes her finger on my chest, "are just a wife of mine in the stupid assumption of others."

She is to take her hand back, but I grab it tightly in my grip, feeling the softness of her skin. She tries to release it from me, but I don't give up. "Listen, Jennie. If the world sees you as my wife, you should act like one. You must not act like an unmarried woman to make people feel pathetic towards me. I don't like pity, and you should not give people reasons to feel that way towards me."

"I hate you!" She yells. The opposite words she confessed to me a while ago.

"The feeling is mutual, baby."

She wipes her tears furiously before storming to her room as I sigh before walking to the fridge to find something for Ella to eat.

I walk to my bedroom with a tray of food, closing the door behind when I am inside.

"You had an argument with the beautiful unnie," Ella states, still focusing on the phone. It's not a question. She knows it. Maybe, my voice was too loud, I guess.

"Adult's problem," I set the tray on the table beside my bed. "You don't have to worry,"

"Is she okay?" She asks, giving my phone back. "Jennie unnie. Is she okay?" She repeats when I don't reply.

"Wow, Ella. You aren't worried about me?" I force a smile, not knowing the answer to give her.

Is she okay? I don't fucking know.

"I am worried about you too, unnie. But, Jennie unnie is crying. I heard her sobbing when she walked past this room. I thought she was going to sleep here with us since you are married, but maybe, she won't sleep here tonight." She pouts.

One of the reasons I love this girl is because she is such a caring kid, and I don't know how to explain to her now if she asks me why Jennie doesn't sleep here. Luckily, she didn't ask. She needn't know.

"Let's eat, kid. It's late now. We are going to have a picnic tomorrow, remember?" I bring her a plate with food on it.

"Will she go with us?"

"Of course, she will. Somi is always with us. She will come here at-"

"I mean Jennie unnie."

I sigh, "She is busy."

"Tomorrow is a holiday."

"Ella, eat now."

She pouts and stops talking to me until she finishes eating and hands the plate back to me as I return it to the kitchen.

I slip inside the blanket and about to sleep when Ella mumbles softly, "Do you think unnie has stopped crying now?"

"Ella, you act like you know her longer than just a few hours." I joke.

She turns to face me with sad eyes, "I saw her eyes. I know when people are sad, and I hate it that I can't help."

"Come here," I hug her tightly. Ella is just ten years old, but she is so mature despite she has to live with her sister and no parents to guide her.

"I am sorry to make you feel this way," I pat her head.

She returns my hug, mumbling as if she is afraid that I would be angry if she speaks louder than this, "You shouldn't feel sorry for me. I am not hurting. Jennie unnie is. You should feel sorry for her."

"Ella, it's an adult's problem. You don't understand. When you are older, you will." I try to explain to her even though deep down in my heart, I know this kid understands things better than me in terms of the emotions of others.

"Okay, unnie."

Then, she falls into a deep slumber, leaving me with my thoughts for the rest of the night.